Coach Brown Intro Press Conference: Monday 10 AM | ACC Network | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Coach Brown Intro Press Conference: Monday 10 AM | ACC Network

200.gif
Hope some of the alum can post some tidbits here from practice.

This guy gets it. He gets the community, he gets what lands with the Syracuse and upstate NY community and he does it while also exciting the larger NE corridor down the DMV.

I can say from info given to me how a lot of football alums really don't feel the school does/did enough for them and he came at that head on. You want to have an opinion? You want back in? Door is open, you better come on in and I better see you. That's how you do it. Don't beg them to come back, don't ignore them, set the terms. Door is open, I want you there, get there.

He didn't sugar coat that it took money to get Elijah and since we were going to kick so much butt, he'd be gone in a few years. Hey, that happens and that's what's supposed to happen.

There is no way this guy's plan to JW wasn't soup to nuts, and I wouldn't be shocked if he was even talking about everything from the Dome experience for the fans to the gunner on the punt team.

I had some work meetings, so just finished listening to the presser.

I am not religious, not in the practicing sense, so when people talk publicly about their connection to God and praying, or saying that we 'all should (thank him/her/it)' and whatnot, I tune it out. I was surprised at the quantity of the mentions. Similar to Red to, when he was hired.

That aside, and bringing the football to the forefront and the character traits that will lead to better Jimmies and Joes, I was impressed.
  • Absolutely loved the mention of the Kickoff Classic. I was at that game with my dad, and is the only game I ever attended with my dad. Connected with me there.
  • Loved him reaching out to Pasqualoni. Classy.
  • Loved the mentions of DeLeone and that era and bringing that era back. Its what we all want.
  • Loved the mention of D Darius. Getting that level of Jimmy/Joe back in the Cuse is the secret to it all, isn't it?
  • Love his life story, rising up and overcoming circumstances. I can connect with all that.
  • Loved his genuine approach to the reporters, expressing gratitude to the Nunes reporter, and confusion at that other reporter and calling him out on it.
  • Loved him saying that don't come to him complaining if you are not coming to practices and supporting
  • Nice hire with E Robinson
  • Nice mention about hiring people that are better than him
  • Love his detailed description of Nunzios family and their impact on Jersey football
  • Nice mention of what his role will be relative to a coordinator
Still, there are many questions. This is a huge job and a huge jump in responsibility. Will be hard to shake doubts until kickoff next year. Hope it all goes well.

Last edited:
giphy.gif
“What offense you gonna run? Whatever they can’t stop”

Jesus im only 20 minutes in and im crying with snot running down my nose. I CANT BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENING

“You guys want championships? Then let’s be on the same page”

“Some guys look for something else after 3 years, I’m good for life”

AHHHHHHHHHHHHGHHHHHHHHH

Last edited:
I'm kinda surprised that no one in the media asked if there was a plan regarding what access they would have. Considering they were basically shut out of everything under Dino, as part of a win strategy.

~39:00

...Where he talks about consistently talking to players' parents about making their son successful and understanding that he needs and wants ongoing feedback from parents to better understand their son, what triggers them to perform, what feedback they like or areas they need to work on... and that once you get a player to campus, his dialogue with parents is just starting (not ending like it is with a lot of coaches.)

...and how he gets dirty looks from his wife for being on the phone with players' parents too much.

Absolute gold and a window into why he is likely such a good recruiter... he does the package deal with the player and their parents. That kind of commitment from a coach is special.

I think this will be a big hit or an epic disaster. I respect his self confidence but can this guy actually run a football program?? He seemed to be really focused on recruiting and to me he seems a little naive to what he’s facing.
I certainly hope I’m wrong but I’m very apprehensive about what he can actually accomplish
Thanks for the pessimism.
This is like a divorce attorney who puts their business card in the wedding card with a note, "Enjoy it while it lasts, because we all know it won't".

I told myself I wouldn't get hooked on Fran staying at Syracuse, but here I am. He's either a bullshitter or he is really all in.

I had a boss who once told me the key to being a good leader is sincerity - once you learn how to fake that, the sky is the limit on what you can achieve.

Being Gen X and having a boss like that early in my career has caused my "cynic-meter" to be permanently pegged out - my assumption is he's bullshitting but he did a good enough job I'm hoping I'm going to be pleasantly surprised.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom