College Football Sim League | Page 51 | Syracusefan.com

College Football Sim League

You're the closest of anyone on the board thus far.. Congrats for making the potential list!

I thought Norwich was coached by BayonneOrange?

He might have just done the first season and rolled out.

Garmon, the coach of Fisher, isnt a board member, but he as an SU grad, 89 I think

Hey guys... Fun first year. I coach Norwich. I'm guessing they give first year players a bump, because my team won some ridiculous games this year, and my talent is pretty subpar. I signed up for 5 years hopefully we can keep the league together.

Been around the board for 10 years or so, never an active poster. I'm a townie, Hamilton grad, moved out of the area about 6 yrs ago.

Hey guys... Fun first year. I coach Norwich. I'm guessing they give first year players a bump, because my team won some ridiculous games this year, and my talent is pretty subpar. I signed up for 5 years hopefully we can keep the league together.

Been around the board for 10 years or so, never an active poster. I'm a townie, Hamilton grad, moved out of the area about 6 yrs ago.

Hell yea brotha! You has a nice season! Glad ya joined

Welcome! Make a charge for the championship and we will give you many tee1222.

If you miss out, well, don't worry because you can root for Ithaca next season!

Last edited:
I'm going to have 22 schollys to fill this season. That is nine more than my previous largest year so hopefully I can find the right guys that have what it takes to go to Merchant Marine!

Last edited:
Only if you can get past my boys in the conference championship, I have a great feeling about my team next season.
With 22 scollies to fill, you're looking at next year being like my last year (23 schollies) with upside. You need to do what I did and devise a plan to balance it out more. Easiest way to do it is to make sure you redshirt 3 incoming freshman and target 3 more that you can redshirt as sophomores.. That would push that class next full cycle to 16, which is much more balanced.

With 22 scollies to fill, you're looking at next year being like my last year (23 schollies) with upside. You need to do what I did and devise a plan to balance it out more. Easiest way to do it is to make sure you redshirt 3 incoming freshman and target 3 more that you can redshirt as sophomores.. That would push that class next full cycle to 16, which is much more balanced.
That is pretty much what I was planning on doing. Even with bringing in all those guys I think my offence is going to be great with a QB going into his third season starting and I should have the top four O-linemen in the league.

That is pretty much what I was planning on doing. Even with bringing in all those guys I think my offence is going to be great with a QB going into his third season starting and I should have the top four O-linemen in the league.
I'll trade you 2 of those OL for 2 DBs..

OL is the one place I'm concerned about next season. Lots of young guys.

I'm heading into next year having lost my starting QB, so this is the mix I'm left with. As experienced coaches, tell me who you would go with:

QBa (rFR): ATH: 32, SPD: 48, D: 70, WE: 56, STR: 23, H: 41, GI: 35, E: 38, TOTAL: 418
QBb (rSO): ATH: 15, SPD: 34, D: 47, WE: 52, STR: 48, H: 31, GI: 49, E: 30, TOTAL: 421
QBc (JR): ATH: 16, SPD: 49, D: 43, WE: 37, STR: 36, H: 26, GI: 27, E: 51, TOTAL: 431

I have to be honest, I'm leaning toward my redshirt freshman even though he has easily the weakest arm strength. Thoughts?

I'm heading into next year having lost my starting QB, so this is the mix I'm left with. As experienced coaches, tell me who you would go with:

QBa (rFR): ATH: 32, SPD: 48, D: 70, WE: 56, STR: 23, H: 41, GI: 35, E: 38, TOTAL: 418
QBb (rSO): ATH: 15, SPD: 34, D: 47, WE: 52, STR: 48, H: 31, GI: 49, E: 30, TOTAL: 421
QBc (JR): ATH: 16, SPD: 49, D: 43, WE: 37, STR: 36, H: 26, GI: 27, E: 51, TOTAL: 431

I have to be honest, I'm leaning toward my redshirt freshman even though he has easily the weakest arm strength. Thoughts?
I would start your rSO. He should be really good as a senior.

Edit: I say that because as a pure pocket passer he has higher GI/Technique... that's very important for a QB. His arm strength is great for a QB. Since the WE's are virtually the same, that would be my choice.

I would start your rSO. He should be really good as a senior.

Edit: I say that because as a pure pocket passer he has higher GI/Technique... that's very important for a QB. His arm strength is great for a QB. Since the WE's are virtually the same, that would be my choice.

I agree...not that my opinion is worth much according to my record from last season...

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk 4