Cooney | Syracusefan.com

Cooney

Oh look, a Cooney thread.

He Signed with the Long Island Nets of the D-League.
I think he may have changed his first name and signed as a walk-on punter on our football team as well... I can't wait for the massive threads on his inside the 20 and net gain punt percentages;)

Sorry, but I just can't see Trevor in the NBA. So this signing surprises me because I would think he might have gotten a halfway decent overseas contract as compared to D-league dollars.

Aaron Craft has been playing in the NBDL so I figured Cooney would get a chance. Good luck to him. Hope he does well.

Craft has been playing what in the NBDL? Because I would hardly call what he does basketball!

Oh and good luck to Trevor! Take advantage of this chance!

Sorry, but I just can't see Trevor in the NBA. So this signing surprises me because I would think he might have gotten a halfway decent overseas contract as compared to D-league dollars.

I'm not surprised. The money would be better in Europe but the "dream" is better attained in the NBDL (I think). So even if he isn't going to project to the NBA, he's still going to give it a shot and live his dream. I can see him going to Europe for the money after a couple years in the NBDL and not getting to the NBA.

I'm not surprised. The money would be better in Europe but the "dream" is better attained in the NBDL (I think). So even if he isn't going to project to the NBA, he's still going to give it a shot and live his dream. I can see him going to Europe for the money after a couple years in the NBDL and not getting to the NBA.

100%. That's why CJ went the NBDL route first. He produced there, still didn't get a call up so he's heading to France. In the D league you are just one turned ankle away from a possible 10 day contract.

Also, don't be surprised if another "board favorite" joins him in the backcourt there...

Last edited:
From what I saw of Cooney during the tournament and what I know he's capable shooting wise, I wouldn't be shocked and would bet if I had proper odds that he could sign a 10 day contract. Dude is one of the best gamers that ever wore Orange. Go chase your dream Trevor!

If Cooney can figure out how to get his shot off, he has the size, will and talent to play in the NBA. There is not a harder worker out there.

As a young man, I would have killed for that option.

He probably knows as well as anyone what his ceiling could be, so why not get paid, eat fantastic food, enjoy learning a different culture and all of the other luxuries that would come from being a young single man in Spain?

There are a lot of worse places to go than Spain.

People keep forgetting, it seems, that most of these leagues have schedules much shorter than the grueling 7 or 8 month NBA thingy. And if you're in your twenties, you definitely WANT to get that Andy Rautins gig a few years ago where he got to stroll to the beach before/after practice in the afternoon from his paid-for pad. Then you move on. Beats the crap out of putting on a tie, fighting road construction, and starting out in some mail room every day for a year for that $37,500.

If your borderline NBA players go overseas like Cj, Cooney, Rautins and Triche. It's hard to call the NBDL a legit minor league. I know arinze and guys like Seth Curry have been called up, but they really need to Improve the pay structure if they expect to keep the borderline guys in the states.

The young man has the right to pursue his dreams regardless of the seemingly minuscule odds. No mind, his leadership skills alone guarantee him great success in whatever endeavor he eventually settles on.

As a young man, I would have killed for that option.

He probably knows as well as anyone what his ceiling could be, so why not get paid, eat fantastic food, enjoy learning a different culture and all of the other luxuries that would come from being a young single man in Spain?

Spain is lovely this time of year.

And the cry rings out...

Coon Perro!

image.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online