Cooney | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Cooney

IthacaBarrel said:
Can't wait for Cooney's army to come out in full force after he lights up High times next game!!! Clearly another spot for chest pounding and grab ass for the crew

Says more about you than others. You should email JB too, he's part of the Army. Cooney has made you look more foolish than normal. You don't even know who we played. High times.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Let's not forget the flip side though. The people who wouldn't mind seeing a close loss if TC went 8/8 from deep.
And how it may be possible for that kind to twist, and spin to make TC look good...oh, like the OP did at half time of a disastrous game out of TC.

And let's not forget the people who were boasting about how they knew TC was going to be good because he brought all the other stuff to the table.
And then the better than GMac stuff.
I find it hard to believe that there is anyone this side of Igor and BC who are ever happy about an SU loss, regardless of individual player performances

if that last shot is at me, I remind you that I never said he was a better player than GMac - I said he was a different player (and better looking, but some of you mfers don't know how to take a joke - even a really good one!).

Question: If SU shooting percentage when Gbinije was in the game was greater than the average for the rest of the game, what does that tell you? We don;t have that number unless someone wants to rewatch the game and keep the stats.
this isn't what you are looking for, and in fact looks at the other end of the court (which is where Cooney really had a bad game).

I did a quick possession by possession calculation by way of the 2nd half play by play (didn't check my work, might a mistake or two but I don't think the big picture would change much with one or two errors):

First ten minutes of the 2nd half, while Cooney was in, SJU scored 23 points on 16 possessions - incredibly efficient numbers. They also scored 2 in 3 possessions in the last 46 seconds when Cooney came back in, for a total of 25 points in 19 possessions
In the 9:01 when Cooney was not on the court, SJU scored 11 points on 15 possessions - but after scoring 10 on their first 6, they scored just 1 point in the next 8 possessions as Syracuse closed out the game.

there is no getting around the fact that the top of the zone was a problem, and that taking Cooney out fixed it. Now, I think Ennis was just as bad defensively, but if you have to take out one of the two for an extended period, you take out the one who SJU has neutralized on the other end anyway.

bingo. only Cooney too. LOL. If this thread was about any other player having a terrible game, people would understand and agree. But not Trevor. He is bullet-proof on here.
Bullet proof is of no consequence as many on here are wielding knives!

Cusefan0307 said:
I bet Duke wishes they had someone like Trevor Cooney At the 2 this year.

90% of the teams probably do. Crean admitted it himself. They couldn't solve our zone because they didn't have a Trevor Cooney. But I guess Indiana is just the equivalent of High Times.

One thing the game highlighted for me is that I much prefer the SU strategy and game play when Cooney plays than when MG is in there. I prefer the offensive balance, firepower style we get when he is in over the defense first rockfights MG will get us into.

Just a matter of watching enjoyment. Like preferring the 09-10 style over the '11-'12 style.

90% of the teams probably do. Crean admitted it himself. They couldn't solve our zone because they didn't have a Trevor Cooney. But I guess Indiana is just the equivalent of High Times.

In fairness Crean couldn't figure it out with a lottery pick.

Bayside44 said:
In fairness Crean couldn't figure it out with a lottery pick.

No he couldn't. But he recognized how good Cooney is.

You really provide a great deal of amusement on this board. Please don't ever stop posting.

I was laughing while posting that one actually. I hope people don't take this too seriously, it's just good banter really. Geeze. Like I said, my thoughts on what Cooney will do versus good defenses ( good teams) are well known, we shall see. I am not impressed when a good shooter tears it up versus inferior competition because when Syracuse plays teams like High Times, there are mismatches everywhere. Like I said, I just find it really amusing that people get so riled up about Cooney having a really bad game. Yet, when he goes off on High Times people will be chest bumping and doing shots for him! DEFEND AT ALL COST, must always defend Cooney is the war cry!

Last edited:
Says more about you than others. You should email JB too, he's part of the Army. Cooney has made you look more foolish than normal. You don't even know who we played. High times.

Bees you are the captain of Cooney's Army! Sergeant Hulka. Like I said, anyone defending the effort or the game Cooney played Sunday is either subscribing to High Times or a relative. Like I said, much much earlier in the thread, the kid has shot the ball well this year, but versus the better teams he will prove a defensive liability and struggle to get his shot. That is all I have said. The fact that people defend his game on Sunday, speaks volumes as to what lengths some will go to defend him. It would be like me, bashing the kid after a great night of shooting, which I have not.

JB doesn't check his e-mail.

IthacaBarrel said:
Bees you are the captain of Cooney's Army! Sergeant Hulka. Like I said, anyone defending the effort or the game Cooney played Sunday is either subscribing to High Times or a relative. Like I said, much much earlier in the thread, the kid has shot the ball well this year, but versus the better teams he will prove a defensive liability and struggle to get his shot. That is all I have said. The fact that people defend his game on Sunday, speaks volumes as to what lengths some will go to defend him. It would be like me, bashing the kid after a great night of shooting, which I have not. JB doesn't check his e-mail.

Who's defending how he played Vs SJU? Never was the point. And BTW, we've played a few pretty good teams already. Some better than SJU. You talk like we've only played Binghamton.

Who's defending how he played Vs SJU? Never was the point. And BTW, we've played a few pretty good teams already. Some better than SJU. You talk like we've only played Binghamton.

Revisionist History Hulka. I read here that he was instrumental in Ennis success, his standing around in the 2nd half was highly effective way of getting Ennis to the basket!! I never thought it possible. Go look back at the thread

IthacaBarrel said:
Revisionist History Hulka. I read here that he was instrumental in Ennis success, his standing around in the 2nd half was highly effective way of getting Ennis to the basket!! I never thought it possible. Go look back at the thread

Having an impact on parts of he game is not saying he had a good game. Him being on the floor and such a threat bring paid attention to, did have a positive impact. JB said as much himself if you care to read his quotes. And all you're trying to do now is revise the hatred some spewed. I told you so's prove it.

I just disagree with the premise regarding the isolated game.

You should schedule a sit down with JB and set him straight on this. While you're at it tell him that 'G' should eat up Cooney's minutes. I'd pay to hear that conversation. Seriously.

Last edited:
You should schedule a sit down with JB and set him straight on this. While you're at it tell him that 'G' should eat up Cooney's minutes. I'd pay to that hear that conversation. Seriously.

I would welcome the opportunity.

You should schedule a sit down with JB and set him straight on this. While you're at it tell him that 'G' should eat up Cooney's minutes. I'd pay to that hear that conversation. Seriously.

It's amazing, isn't it? We're freaking 10-0, have beaten some quality teams, and people spew nonsense about 1 of our best players after 1 off game. Truly mind boggling what goes through the heads of some people.

Doc5120 said:
It's amazing, isn't it? We're freaking 10-0, have beaten some quality teams, and people spew nonsense about 1 of our best players after 1 off game. Truly mind boggling what goes through the heads of some people.

It surely is. Then those few hide behind a name they give rational people which includes JB. Not a one of them commented on that article that was posted a couple of times even JB said the exact same things as posters here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom