Cooney's the player of the game | Syracusefan.com

Cooney's the player of the game

Agree completely. 1/2 from 3, finished most of his drives, 2 super important steals, really didn't force anything at all. Only really bad thing was that horrible 18 footer coming off the curl in the 1st half. May have been his best game of the year, and one in which he only shot 2 3's. I think those 2 facts are highly correlated.

Trevor was not only good, but he was super clutch tonight. How big a hero would he have been if that last amazing steal was reviewable and had stood ????

That steal on the inbounds for a bunny was huge. Brain dead pass by Gonzaga, but he was in the right spot just like a number of times tonight.

I have been hard on Cooney in the past. So glad for him that he played a great game. Sucks that he got robbed by the ref of being the hero

Jake said:
Hmmmm...Roberson gets my vote. Dude was battling all game long. His motor is ridiculous.
he's been our most important player all year. We've ebbed and flowed with him

Hmmmm...Roberson gets my vote. Dude was battling all game long. His motor is ridiculous.

This was truly a TEAM win. I'm not sure I could pick a player of the game. Too many guys made important contributions. Roberson was a beast. G gave us the scoring that no one else seemed able to provide. Cooney had some fantastic plays, drives and generally overall contributions to this win. Lydon had some key defensive plays. Even Frank had some huge contributions in the first half.

It was amazing how Sabonis just ate us up from like the 7 min to 4 min mark in the 2nd half when he was on the bench. Roberson has been a monster all tourney. Really our biggest problem all year (and for the last 20 years) has been defensive rebounding, and with him in beast mode it is not much of an issue.

He and mike won the game. They were the difference. Good guard play wins you games in March.

Think I heard that Mike had 20 points? But man, that shot selection down the stretch was...alarming. At this stage, we'll gladly take the win.

Last edited:
That steal on the inbounds for a bunny was huge. Brain dead pass by Gonzaga, but he was in the right spot just like a number of times tonight.

And made the play, which is no sure thing. Huge.

he's been our most important player all year. We've ebbed and flowed with him

Good point. I liked the play where after G got rejected by Sabonis near the end, TR slapped the ball away from Sabonis and G got the put back. There were leaders tonight, sure, but everyone contributed to this.

Think I head that Mike had 20 points? But man, that shot selection down the stretch was...alarming. At this stage, we'll gladly take the win.

I think Mike felt like he had to provide the scoring so he forced some shots that he probably shouldn't have taken, although most of them were drives to the hoop.

This was truly a TEAM win. I'm not sure I could pick a player of the game. Too many guys made important contributions. Roberson was a beast. G gave us the scoring that no one else seemed able to provide. Cooney had some fantastic plays, drives and generally overall contributions to this win. Lydon had some key defensive plays. Even Frank had some huge contributions in the first half.

Frank made some good plays, and then got to "smellin' his piss" a little too much, LOL! No matter, he made a solid contribution tonight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom