Class of 2014 - Corey Cooper WR from Raleigh, NC | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Corey Cooper WR from Raleigh, NC

His father really didn't answer the question as to why he's leaving. Does he want to be closer to home or is it about more playing time? Poor reporting.

He must have seen the writing on the wall and knew he he wasn't going to play here. Just because he was rated fairly high by a recruiting service doesn't mean he was a great player. Never heard a single word about him since he's been here and that's not a good thing

Kid hasn't even gone through a full fall camp let alone a season, there's been nothing reported whatsoever that this is performance, talent, or depth chart related, yet you pounce on it to further your own agenda. Pathetic.

Wish CC the best. Was looking forward to seeing what he could do here but from the TOS article it sounds like his family situation may have changed, specifically mentioned driving 10 hours so maybe a financial thing.

Good news is we have a ton of depth at the position, and a lot of young players. Next man up and good luck Corey!

Phil D'Abbraccio‏@PhilDAbb 12m
WR Corey Cooper wants to transfer closer to home, Scott Shafer said. Shafer wishes him all the best.

Stephen Bailey‏@Stephen_Bailey1 11m
Shafer said Corey Cooper won't transfer to an ACC school, but has good options

anglerman said:
He must have seen the writing on the wall and knew he he wasn't going to play here. Just because he was rated fairly high by a recruiting service doesn't mean he was a great player. Never heard a single word about him since he's been here and that's not a good thing

He would have played.

What Divison 1, non ACC schools are in the vicinity of Raleigh?

Maybe Richmond? Elon?

Since when did we have 17 wide receivers? I counted 15 and really 14 since they moved Winfield. Hale and Enoicy out for the season likely. That leaves 11 guys. Cooper would be 12.

Nobody should be counting walk-ons.

Wonder if they’ll move Winfield back now.

Enoicy isn't out for the season? He just had some stuff cleaned up in his knee he should be back before the season starts.

I'm sure this is what his Father would say. It's not like he's going to tell the paper that he is transferring because he is buried on the depth chart.

He would have played.

I don't know, he was basically 4th on the depth chart behind a Sophmore (Brisly), and 2 Frosh (Avant and Erv). It's more like he saw the writing on the wall and didn't want to battle for a spot.

anomander said:
I don't know, he was basically 4th on the depth chart behind a Sophmore (Brisly), and 2 Frosh (Avant and Erv). It's more like he saw the writing on the wall and didn't want to battle for a spot.

He's a true frosh and at some point would have played here. He also, not the others, have to be locked into 1 WR spot. Worst case, there is also specials if PT at WR wasn't as a starter.

Do the coaches have to wait until 2015 or can they take on a kid they previously offered like RB Matt Domer who choose UofI over us but was denied admission?

Do the coaches have to wait until 2015 or can they take on a kid they previously offered like RB Matt Domer who choose UofI over us but was denied admission?
I don't think the coaches would go after someone who didn't want to be here in the first place.

He's a true frosh and at some point would have played here. He also, not the others, have to be locked into 1 WR spot. Worst case, there is also specials if PT at WR wasn't as a starter.

oh ya i think he could have played eventually, but he chose not to stick it out and try to earn PT.

Either way the kid has to be happy, which obviously he wasn't.

The funny - and sad - part is that the Cooper family has its roots in New Haven, Connecticut. Had Corey's dad, Cleo, resettled in the New Haven area rather than Raleigh, the so-called "homesickness" wouldn't be an issue.

If he was denied admission there he's not going to get into SU. Not to mention we have 3 RB commits for 2015 and don't need Domer now.

Next man up.
Any possibility his scholly can be filled this year?

Next man up.
Why? What is the point in filling the scholarship this year? It's not like we suddenly lost a starter and have a list of players qualified to replace that starter just sitting around with no idea where they are going to play college football this year.

Shafer handled it great. I hope Corey finds the right fit. He's a homebody and CNY is a long way from NC.

End of story as far as I'm concerned.

Why? What is the point in filling the scholarship this year? It's not like we suddenly lost a starter and have a list of players qualified to replace that starter just sitting around with no idea where they are going to play college football this year.
Unless there's a Bromley type who fell thru the cracks or a JUCO who had to sweat out grades into the summer, I'd think the best bet is to reward a walkon/non-scholly player that's already with the team for a year. Assuming there's one they think is deserving.

Next man up.
fill it this year with senior walk on then use it it in current recruiting class

Long time listener, first time caller..for what it's worth, Cooper followed just about all of the Temple staff and the WR Coach at Rhode Island today on Twitter. No, I don't tweet messages to these kids but I do follow some of them.

Long time listener, first time caller..for what it's worth, Cooper followed just about all of the Temple staff and the WR Coach at Rhode Island today on Twitter. No, I don't tweet messages to these kids but I do follow some of them.

I'll be curious to see where he ends up. If he doesn't transfer to a school that's closer to home, then it definitely draws into question his reason for transferring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom