Class of 2014 - Corey Cooper WR from Raleigh, NC | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Corey Cooper WR from Raleigh, NC

I wish Corey the absolute best. I made a decision to transfer out of Oswego as a 17 year old. I'll never question a kids decision on his future because you'll never know all the reasons. He's making a decision for his future. Good luck to Corey!!

Nice to see that SUAthletics is on the case...

Corey 1 has been "derostered", yet Corey 2 is still listed as a WR with the wrong uniform number. :noidea:

Sorry to read this. Really liked Corey...good kid. I hope wherever he lands he does well. Two of our posters are HS FB coaches in the Raleigh area and maybe down the road they can shed some info on what happened. In the meantime I wish Corey the best... things don't always work out how we planned/dreamed for any of us.

Edit: Just remembered that Coreys' cousin Harold is at URI... maybe Corey will take a similar route.

Milbrook is in our conference, and are the preseason #1. I will try to find out some more info when we play them, but it will be a couple of weeks. I'll keep my ear to the ground though. Had our first scrimmage of the year yesterday. We played well, a little better than I anticipated truthfully. Have another scrimmage tomorrow, and then our first game is next Friday against a team I really want to beat. Here are a couple video clips of our first scrimmage (not to hijack the thread). We are in the white uniforms.

http://www.highschoolot.com/football/video/13891043/

http://www.highschoolot.com/football/video/13891038/

H-back position day 1 of camp- Brisly, Avant, Winfield and Cooper
Present day- Broyld and Green

H-back position day 1 of camp- Brisly, Avant, Winfield and Cooper
Present day- Broyld and Green
I dont think bris or avant are injured too badly. I also dont think they want to move winfield back to receiver.

I dont think bris or avant are injured too badly. I also dont think they want to move winfield back to receiver.
Yeah I know Brisly and Avant will be back soon but it's just interesting what 2 weeks of football can do.

Since when did we have 17 wide receivers? I counted 15 and really 14 since they moved Winfield. Hale and Enoicy out for the season likely. That leaves 11 guys. Cooper would be 12.

Nobody should be counting walk-ons.

Wonder if they’ll move Winfield back now.

Considering the strange timing and his earlier struggles to qualify, I have to wonder if this has to do with academics. Summer session II ended 8/8, and although grades aren't due until the 21st, the writing may be on the wall. If so, Cooper would want to enroll at a new school before the start of the fall semester, and while their football camp is still in progress (especially if he transfers to a FCS school and hopes to play this season).
Whatever the reason, I wish him luck and hope things work out for him wherever he ends up.

First off, for some reason Cooper was one of those that game me the most hope that our talent level was rising. Hopefully the "closer to home" comment is accurate. Secondly, there is no good time/bad time to decide to transfer as long as the timing doesn't impact how soon you're able to play elsewhere. And why can't a kid get homesick now just because he's been here since January? These are still kids we forget and can be very unpredictable. Thanks goodness we brought so many young WR's in this year. Best of luck to Corey, hope to see him do something at another school as long as its not against SU!

Closer to home? Can't think he would transfer to NCSU, Wake, UNC, VT, UVA. Will be interesting to see where he ends up.

ECU, App State, NC A&T, UNC Charlotte there are options.

Offering a '15 kid like Parkinson is a great move but that still means we play the '14 season and spring ball short 1 scholarship player

I wonder if the staff would accept a last minute transfer just like Cooper is jumping ship. Assuming transfer will need to sit out a year at least we've got someone training with us and learning our system for a year so they are ready to contribute week 1 of the '15 season.

I don't know what sort of options are out there but there's gotta be someone who would make a move
Why would we fill that spot just to fill it? We need an extra spot for 2015.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom