Cuse releases ACC schedule | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Cuse releases ACC schedule

Wow. Couldn't have asked for a better intro to the league.

Only downside is that means year two is probably not going to be as high profile.

Maybe - but with the cards coming into the league getting Louisville as the third home/home could change that ... either way getting Pitt twice, Duke & UNC at least once, the cards at least once - thats 5 really big conf games to look forward to every year.

Back to next years schedule - should be a lot of fun. With the non-conf having Maui and some former big east foes - SOS should be sky high next year too.. lets hope that is not a disadvantage.

One thing i noticed while looking at this schedule..SU should embrace that it is the northernmost school in the ACC. In mid winter, watching these southern schools travel up to the wintery central NY will be like Napoleon trying to invade frozen/snowy Russia. Or for the Game of Thrones fans, Syracuse is like the Great Wall where no one (in this case ACC teams) dare go when winter nears should they want to come out alive.

Syracuse's first season of play in the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) is starting to take shape. The conference office announced the men's basketball game locations for 2013-14.

The Orange itinerary is broken down into the following contests:
  • Syracuse will play home-and-home dates with its two ACC "partners" -- Boston College and Pittsburgh.
  • The Orange have home-and-home series with Miami and Duke.
  • SU's five other league home games feature Georgia Tech, Clemson, North Carolina, North Carolina State and Notre Dame.
  • The remaining road-contest portion of the slate has Syracuse traveling to Florida State, Wake Forest, Virginia Tech and Marlyand.
Actual game dates and times will be announced by the ACC office once television network designations are made and tip times are decided upon.

HAPPY...HAPPY...HAPPY!!!!

This has to be said, but no Denny's visits for JB to Clemson during season 1, but maybe he can fit one during the ACC tournament in Greensboro. Winston-Salem, Tallahassee, Charlottesville, Blacksburg, College Park, Durham, and Miami to go with Boston and Pittsburgh will allow for decent eating for JB on the road. Only Blacksburg may be interesting.

Have UNC or Duke ever visited the Dome before (to play Syracuse)? I think they've come for NCAA tournament games.
I moved here in 84 from North Carolina and really started paying attention to SU bball in 87. To my knowledge, neither UNC nor Duke has ever come to the Dome. I think I would remember that. We did play UNC in the Elite 8 in 87. That was the first time I ever saw SU play.

Wowee zowee, what a schedule!!!

This is awesome!! I may be in the minority but I think the competition will be stiffer and better. Playing games away at FSU, Maryland, Clemson, VA Tech/UVA, etc. are much tougher than going to sleepy NBA arenas SU Fans can dominate or dead venues like DePaul or USF's.

I moved here in 84 from North Carolina and really started paying attention to SU bball in 87. To my knowledge, neither UNC nor Duke has ever come to the Dome. I think I would remember that. We did play UNC in the Elite 8 in 87. That was the first time I ever saw SU play.

Wowee zowee, what a schedule!!!
In 2005 UNC played Nova in tourney at dome
Syracuse Regional

• 1 North Carolina v 5 Villanova
  • 6 Wisconsin v 10 NC State

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online