Cuse releases ACC schedule | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Cuse releases ACC schedule

Swofford saw all those big crowds at SU over the years and it made total sense to him to play Duke and UNC there this year. Wouldn't be shocked if we play at least two of the big three at home every year (UNC, Duke, UL). Those big crowds will draw massive attention and make for some must see TV over the years. Good call by Swofford really a no brainer.

UNC crushed us at the Dome around '83 '84. Carolina also lost in the East regional championship at the Dome to Vern Flemming's Georgia Bulldogs around the same time. I was there for both, but didn't bother to do the research on exact years/dates.

This is awesome!! I may be in the minority but I think the competition will be stiffer and better. Playing games away at FSU, Maryland, Clemson, VA Tech/UVA, etc. are much tougher than going to sleepy NBA arenas SU Fans can dominate or dead venues like DePaul or USF's.

Completely agree - and although due to matchups and unfamiliarity the scorelines may not be night and day the quality of basketball will be much better. Its all about perspective. Sometimes we over play how tough a USF team is at home because we watch our guys dismantle a good team the day before. Likewise we see Wake beat somebody good and talk about how bad of a loss that is and yet Wake has some kids that can really play. One thing I love about going to the ACC is that you can't find a school that has not had some level of success in the NCAA's during consistant periods of time outside of maybe Clemson and V Tech Even then, both have had good teams in consecutive years as opposed to teams like Buttgers & USF. The Hall and the johnnies had been following that path as well over the past decade.

I moved here in 84 from North Carolina and really started paying attention to SU bball in 87. To my knowledge, neither UNC nor Duke has ever come to the Dome. I think I would remember that. We did play UNC in the Elite 8 in 87. That was the first time I ever saw SU play.

Wowee zowee, what a schedule!!!
UNC played SU in the dome when Jordan was a Frosh.
12/10/83 Carrier Dome, Syracuse, N.Y. North Carolina 87, Syracuse 64

dont worry schedule crybabies...you can still complain about the start time and days of the week this incredible schedule will line up on.

:bang::bang::bang:

and for those of you who graduated from the university of the big east and want providence, seton hall, st johns, storz and the rest of the catholic 7 on the schedule...go F yourselves.

:rolling:

and to answer the question, 'is the game on tv?' for all, the answer is a resounding YES.

:bat:

Completely agree - and although due to matchups and unfamiliarity the scorelines may not be night and day the quality of basketball will be much better. Its all about perspective. Sometimes we over play how tough a USF team is at home because we watch our guys dismantle a good team the day before. Likewise we see Wake beat somebody good and talk about how bad of a loss that is and yet Wake has some kids that can really play. One thing I love about going to the ACC is that you can't find a school that has not had some level of success in the NCAA's during consistant periods of time outside of maybe Clemson and V Tech Even then, both have had good teams in consecutive years as opposed to teams like Buttgers & USF. The Hall and the johnnies had been following that path as well over the past decade.

Absolutely. Purnell's Clemson teams flamed out first round of the tourney always if they got there and Georgia Tech made it to the title game against Okafor/UConn. The atmosphere of those arenas will be more intense to deal with and a better road challenge than a DePaul/USF/St. John's/SHall. I think that is what I meant more. Even playing @Maryland or FSU will be similar to @Arkansas.

I would bet a pretty good amount of money Duke@Syracuse is a College Gameday Saturday Primetime game during the February of NBA All-Star weekend and marketed as featuring the two friends from the Olympics, two winningest coaches in the history of Men's Division I basketball Jim Boeheim and Mike Krzyzewski.

Is there enough space on the page to do a logo for each opponent and flip them? Would be fun for the first season of the ACC - oh and for S&G's add the distance from syracuse for away games and the Maui games - in case we need to send a memo to the talking heads.

I would bet a pretty good amount of money Duke@Syracuse is a College Gameday Saturday Primetime game during the February of NBA All-Star weekend and marketed as featuring the two friends from the Olympics, two winningest coaches in the history of Men's Division I basketball Jim Boeheim and Mike Krzyzewski.

The only problem with that might be them not wanting to feature the same team twice in a season for Gameday, and I'm assuming UNC-Duke the last day of the season will be a Gameday game

He has fallen behind in this thread...he can't keep up with me right now...at least until I leave work...

Ok so it belongs on the other forum (support/suggestions) but I think we should come up with a few new buttons

Double- like
Triple Like
Like entire thread
Dislike
Punch to the lower extremities ( for those really poor posts)

Finally an emoticon with the little dude holding a sign that says Georgetown sucks.

The only problem with that might be them not wanting to feature the same team twice in a season for Gameday, and I'm assuming UNC-Duke the last day of the season will be a Gameday game
UNC did it twice last year. They played @NC State and at home versus Duke. Louisville did it twice in 2006, North Carolina did it twice in 2007, Duke did it twice in 2010, North Carolina did in twice in 2012 as well. They won't allow the same venue twice in a year, but if 1 appearance is at home you can be the visitor for the other. Since UNC is @Duke the last game next year that is why I am thinking Duke@Syracuse will be the Gameday game.

Ok so it belongs on the other forum (support/suggestions) but I think we should come up with a few new buttons

Double- like
Triple Like
Like entire thread
Dislike
Punch to the lower extremities ( for those really poor posts)

Finally an emoticon with the little dude holding a sign that says Georgetown sucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom