Cuse TV Games 2015 | Syracusefan.com

Cuse TV Games 2015

BKCuse

Starter
I know Coyle hasn't had much time to effect change but I REALLY hope all of our games are on TV this season. It's just so lame when ESPN 3 is the best we can do.

Sure but I'm not even talking about National coverage. These games need to be on TV in TriState area every single week. It's an embarrassment when they're not.

Play better, and get better TV coverage.
I can understand this nationally to a point, although even on that scale, popular teams (ND) enjoy coverage way beyond their record. So TV coverage isn't exactly a meritocracy.

However, at the regional level, there's no excuse. SU's a popular college team in the NY/New England market, and they should be on the air. There's no other P-5 team in the entire state. Any station with SU rights showing I Love Lucy re-runs should be getting a phone call from Coyle.

Last edited:
ESPN3 is a much better option than what Oklahoma is dealing with this week:
http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID=210292697

FOX Sports Oklahoma has announced that Oklahoma's season opener vs. Akron on Saturday, Sept. 5, will be made available via a pay-per-view broadcast.

The game is being televised on a pay-per-view basis because it was not selected for over-the-air broadcast or cable television coverage. It will be available on a dedicated pay-per-view channel on participating Oklahoma program providers, and nationwide via participating satellite and Telco distributors. Pricing will vary by distributor.

There's no point in complaining when the alternative is a.) No Coverage or b.) $54.95 PPV for one game.

ESPN3 is a much better option than what Oklahoma is dealing with this week:
http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID=210292697

FOX Sports Oklahoma has announced that Oklahoma's season opener vs. Akron on Saturday, Sept. 5, will be made available via a pay-per-view broadcast.

The game is being televised on a pay-per-view basis because it was not selected for over-the-air broadcast or cable television coverage. It will be available on a dedicated pay-per-view channel on participating Oklahoma program providers, and nationwide via participating satellite and Telco distributors. Pricing will vary by distributor.

There's no point in complaining when the alternative is a.) No Coverage or b.) $54.95 PPV for one game.

$55 for a game against Akron? LMAO.

With the growing popularity of Apple TVs and Rokus, etc. being on ESPN3 isn't nearly as bad as it used to be. If you're watching on a computer, and not on your TV (at home), you're actually the one behind on the times.

With the growing popularity of Apple TVs and Rokus, etc. being on ESPN3 isn't nearly as bad as it used to be. If you're watching on a computer, and not on your TV (at home), you're actually the one behind on the times.

You can pretty much get ESPN3 (actually, it's WatchESPN for mobile devices) through any device: Smart TV's, PS3, PS4, Roku, AppleTV, Amazon Fire, and now Directv. There should be no reason to watch on a computer.

You can pretty much get ESPN3 (actually, it's WatchESPN for mobile devices) through any device: Smart TV's, PS3, PS4, Roku, AppleTV, Amazon Fire, and now Directv. There should be no reason to watch on a computer.
and i was told here that it is better to watch games on the smallest screens possible, the pixilation or whatever the F it is, is higher, thus more defined.

screw the 78" HD Curve, im watching on my iphone!! yeee-haaaa!!!

:bang: :crazy:

Oh Lord

I don't expect a NE team to get weekly national coverage on ESPN 1 or 2 until we are ranked but there is absolutely zero reason Ray-Com isn't carrying all of our games via MSG, SNY, or even ch 55 in the NYC market.

I watch espn3 games on my phone or via Apple TV but the resolution sucks when you watch on a big screen. And it just doesn't make sense that the only P5 school in NYS isn't on TV every week.

This is not too much to ask in the year 2015 with 100's of channels and everyone looking for programming. Coyle needs to fix this by next year.

I don't expect a NE team to get weekly national coverage on ESPN 1 or 2 until we are ranked but there is absolutely zero reason Ray-Com isn't carrying all of our games via MSG, SNY, or even ch 55 in the NYC market.

I watch espn3 games on my phone or via Apple TV but the resolution sucks when you watch on a big screen. And it just doesn't make sense that the only P5 school in NYS isn't on TV every week.

This is not too much to ask in the year 2015 with 100's of channels and everyone looking for programming. Coyle needs to fix this by next year.
This is exactly right ... If Raycom has the rights .. they should be broadcasting SU's games in our regional market (NY/New England), selling the rights to a vendor who agrees to broadcast the games, or paying an ENORMOUS fine. It makes no sense for us to enter into a league contract in which Raycom bottles up our regional broadcast rights and then just sits on them.

Last edited:
KaiserUEO said:
and i was told here that it is better to watch games on the smallest screens possible, the pixilation or whatever the F it is, is higher, thus more defined. screw the 78" HD Curve, im watching on my iphone!! yeee-haaaa!!! :bang: :crazy: Oh Lord

Laugh it up - but science wins. Higher pixel density + how close the thing is to you face makes the iPad more like a damn movie theater than your 78" from 25 feet away.

Not to mention the cable feed you get isn't true HD in most parts of the country. They scale it back.

And giant TV is always better for more than one viewer. But give me an iPad and a pair of noise canceling headphones all day.

BKCuse said:
I don't expect a NE team to get weekly national coverage on ESPN 1 or 2 until we are ranked but there is absolutely zero reason Ray-Com isn't carrying all of our games via MSG, SNY, or even ch 55 in the NYC market. I watch espn3 games on my phone or via Apple TV but the resolution sucks when you watch on a big screen. And it just doesn't make sense that the only P5 school in NYS isn't on TV every week. This is not too much to ask in the year 2015 with 100's of channels and everyone looking for programming. Coyle needs to fix this by next year.

If you have a lousy picture on your TV it's most likely the fault of your broadband service.

The games should render in HD or near-HD if you're getting proper bandwidth.

Watched many a game from my Android device while at work...shhh, don't tell the boss. WatchESPN/ESPN3 are standard nowadays for all college teams. This isn't an SU or NY Media problem.

And like others have said, if you aren't watching these games on a TV, you got some learning to do. Most new media devices have the apps available, and even without those, it's very easy to hook an HDMI cord from your laptop to the TV.

Lame that all games aren't on tv for a team that's been mediocre at best for over a decade? Gee, you might actually have to go to the game. :rolling:

Laugh it up - but science wins. Higher pixel density + how close the thing is to you face makes the iPad more like a damn movie theater than your 78" from 25 feet away.

Not to mention the cable feed you get isn't true HD in most parts of the country. They scale it back.

And giant TV is always better for more than one viewer. But give me an iPad and a pair of noise canceling headphones all day.
oh believe me, im laughing

Hooded-Man-Looking-At-Computer-Screen-Using-Magnifying-Glass-Shutterstock.jpg

enjoy.

and...that was you who said that???

triple-facepalm.jpg

KaiserUEO said:
oh believe me, im laughing enjoy. and...that was you who said that???

Simple test for the simple minded.

1. Sit on couch where you watch games
2. Hold up an 8.5x11 piece of paper 12 inches from your face
3. Notice how the paper appears about roughly 2x the size of your TV at 20ft away
4. Note how the paper completely obscures your TV
5. Now note that an iPad has roughly 4x the pixel density - making 4x as crisp (in other words your HD stream on your TV would fit in 1/4 the space on your iPad)

Or try this:

1. Get 12inches from your TV.
2. Note how crappy it looks.

The real issue is the quality of the content you get - not the device you watch it on. There is literally no competition between an iPad vs an HDTV. One is scientifically and practically speaking better than the other.

Simple test for the simple minded.

1. Sit on couch where you watch games
2. Hold up an 8.5x11 piece of paper 12 inches from your face
3. Notice how the paper appears about roughly 2x the size of your TV at 20ft away
4. Note how the paper completely obscures your TV
5. Now note that an iPad has roughly 4x the pixel density - making 4x as crisp (in other words your HD stream on your TV would fit in 1/4 the space on your iPad)

Or try this:

1. Get 12inches from your TV.
2. Note how crappy it looks.

The real issue is the quality of the content you get - not the device you watch it on. There is literally no competition between an iPad vs an HDTV. One is scientifically and practically speaking better than the other.
eye-illusion-android-edition-20-2-s-307x512.jpg

Ha!

"I will not use a phone unless it's tethered to a cord"

-Kaiser, probably

I know Coyle hasn't had much time to effect change but I REALLY hope all of our games are on TV this season. It's just so lame when ESPN 3 is the best we can do.
Until you've sat in your living room staring at the floor listening to 'moving right to left' for 4 hours while Walter Reyes breaks TD run after TD run in a double OT thriller against North Carolina, you have no place to complain. 10 years ago you would have been listening to this on the radio, that's it. No other option period because nobody even sent TV cameras. We are blessed to have the Tres.

Ha!

"I will not use a phone unless it's tethered to a cord"

-Kaiser, probably
If I'm on the bus or train, it's freakin so James Bondesque awesome to watch on my phone. If you gave the bed and earphones example, well, that's not for me but whatever.

Other than that, watching on the smallest screen possible is, well...just plain Fn stupid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom