Dan Mullen | Page 95 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I read that the rules have changed such that a team can bring in more than 25 players in a year (presumably with the overall 85 cap)? If some current players get the talk, such a change would be timely.
I think you can still only take 25 freshmen in a class, but as many transfers as you want. Believe that is true.

I take it back. You're correct. As many as you want.

Did I read that the rules have changed such that a team can bring in more than 25 players in a year (presumably with the overall 85 cap)? If some current players get the talk, such a change would be timely.
Hasn’t worked out so well with Deion as an example.

If there was ever a gift that I want I am a very simple person it would be to have Syracuse Football be the power in the east and it’s an attainable goal. I love the University I wish I was a whale so I could donate huge globs of money to any cause. My dream would be to work there someday. I’d like to thank all of the passionate posters on here for all this information good bad or indifferent. We as a fan base have gone through a lot of ups and downs these last twenty years but I’ve always felt the Dome is the best place! Here’s to hoping we lock this down and here it officially soon!

Hasn’t worked out so well with Deion as an example.
I agree, Mel Tucker too. The benefits can be immediate but short lived. Football is really different than any other sport. Have to have some semblance of team, community, or family. It takes so many people on and off the field. Have to be on it for each other at least a little bit.

No, the administration just finally woke up and realized you have to spend money to make money. Regardless, I’m thankful that alarm clock finally rung.
I agree with this also you do have to spend to make money I’ll be charging my card soon for more tickets very soon

At the risk of getting burned at the stake, and I know we all know this, recruiting here is going to be a totally different animal. Great hire. Scheme and organization will be leap years better, but recruiting in the SEC is not the same.

Even if he's the worst to 2nd worst recruiter in the ACC, which I highly doubt would happen. We'd be right where we've always been. He's a far better coach and will bring in a staff that can develop the players we get. So still a win overall IMO. That's assuming that we can't even get an uptick in recruiting which I have a really hard time believing.

Matt Barrie from ESPN and Mullen must be good friends. He is having a lot of fun with the Mullen to SU rumor mill.

IMG_7332.jpeg

https://x.com/mattbarrie/status/1728220360057987493?s=61

This.

I get his son is a staffer at Miami, but you'd think Eddie could afford to catch a game of his in a nicer locale with better weather.
He's probably talking to Mullen about a position for his son. Eddie O is probably saying he could his connections to get some talent for him.

Wax doing senior walk and Farmer already in portal, it's OK we will do damage in the portal
Wax didn’t have a great year. He and OG could improve their draft positions and make some real money if the NIL position has truly improved.

For Wax bird in the hand, work towards a masters and get solid compensation. Better than the hand Jones dealt himself.

Dan Mullen has only had a few recruiting classes, as a HC that we’re really even remotely close to where we finish typically. Granted, lot of SEC bias, so his classes were definitely inflated. But on the recruiting front, I don’t think we’d do better with any other candidate.

Below is Rivals and a cumulative that covers most of his MSU time. At Florida he was Top 15 ever year, and top 10 twice.

View attachment 233680View attachment 233681
Recruiting at Syracuse will be much different than recruiting at Miss. St. You can get a top 40 class at Miss. St. just by recruiting Mississippi HS and JUCOs. In the 2024 recruiting class in Mississippi, there are 13 HS 4*s and 4 JUCO 4*s. Using the 247 Composite ranking, Syracuse's #1 recruit would be the #13 HS recruit in Mississippi.

What you hope for with Mullen is that he can recruit and develop QBs which is the most important position in college football. And, hope he makes inroads back into the recruiting base and pull in 3*s from NJ, New England, NY, PA, MD, OH with a sprinkling from Georgia, Florida, and Virginia. Many of the kids from the traditional recruiting grounds are not as highly developed or highly ranked so don't get caught up with recruiting rankings with a Mullen hire.

On Reddit, relative consensus seems to be this would be a great hire but are down on his recruiting ability.

I think it’s BS. I get that if you’re at UF, they demand a top five class.

For us, he could definitely have top 20-25 ranked classes. If not higher here and there.

Hire Mullen
Im not expecting top 25 classes. Im more tuned into his ability to find gems and develop them. Guys like Darius Slay, Kyle Trask, Dak Prescott Alex Smith, Nick Fitzgerald. He had 26 players drafted during his tenure at MSU. I dont think recruiting is Mullen's strength but he did get guys like Chris Jones to stay home. That was a big deal.

Finally some juice back in the program, wanted the JMU coach but this is a great alternative. There have been a few coaches that had so so records at other places only to do fantastic at the new spot. Maryland coach comes to mind, Sonny Dykes when he was sucking at cal etc.
What about Mullen’s record is so so?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors