Dan Mullen | Page 165 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not the type to go digging for old posts but I vaguely remember most being good with that hire until Mullen came into the conversation.
When Mullen was still a pipe dream, I was all aboard the Chesney train. I would be disappointed if it’s not Mullen only because these last few days, but if it ends up being Chesney we’re in good hands. Damn good coach that knows how to build a program.

Who you want if not Mullen? Not asking in a wise guy manner, just curious who people like as an alternate to Mullen if that doesn’t happen..
I understand. It's not my job to vet these guys but I want someone who has recruited players at our level. I would have been happy with White. Or Golden.

When Mullen was still a pipe dream, I was all aboard the Chesney train. I would be disappointed if it’s not Mullen only because these last few days, but if it ends up being Chesney we’re in good hands. Damn good coach that knows how to build a program.
What program does he know how to build? The difference in levels is staggering. I bet he is a terrific coach. But this would be a learning job for him at a time where we need results fast.

I just don't share the confidence that you have that a guy from Holy Cross and the Patriot League is going to be the one to elevate our recruiting, our offense, and our profile, out of the basement of the ACC. I hope I am wrong, but Chesney feels like a lot of hope that he will translate his success at the Power 5 level vs hiring a guy who has proven he can.

Last edited:
If it has to be a coordinator I would like Tony but would like HC experience for this gig. Golden just doesn’t do it for me at all
He did do a pretty good job at Temple.

Reactions: CIL
What program does he know how to build? The difference in levels is staggering. I bet he is a terrific coach. But this would be a learning job for him at a time where we need results fast.
He build HC up from essentially nothing. I posted the numbers last week. If recruiting is your main concern I’d remind you we’re consistently at the bottom of the ACC in recruiting anyway, it’s not like it’ll get much worse. He’s an up and coming energetic coach that will have no issue pounding the trail.

Ok same question I asked Dasher, who do you suggest if Mullen doesn’t happen? Again, curious, not asking in a confrontational manner
Manny Diaz, Al Golden, Candle, Huff, Chadwell, Tommy Reese, Bobo, Schuman, Knowles, Hartline

Any OC or DC of a team that's in the top 6 teams in the nation would probably be better. All vastly more qualified then the HC at Holy Cross that made a 24 team playoff as his crowning achievement.

Bronco has more wins than Mullen 135-81 & would probably keep beck & nunzio
Oh he is a very good coach but it feels like he wouldn’t be around long at all, can’t put my finger on it

not for nothing - I was just told a Monday or Tuesday press conference is still expected. ‍♂️ who the heck knows what’s going on right now.
If that’s the case we have to hear something tonight, right?

I like Candle a lot, would be very happy with him. I don’t know why, but something with Bronco just doesn’t sit well with me, like the fit would be bad or something
I really don’t think it would be a problem at all. He’s a very high character guy who was well respected by his team and the community and he delivered results at uva. I would have no reservations whatsoever.

He build HC up from essentially nothing. I posted the numbers last week. If recruiting is your main concern I’d remind you we’re consistently at the bottom of the ACC in recruiting anyway, it’s not like it’ll get worse. He’s an up and coming energetic coach that will have no issue pounding the trail.
the status quo is not what is needed in recruiting. And he wouldn't be coaching against the guys he coached against ay Holy Cross. A whole different level.

Status
Not open for further replies.