Dan Mullen | Page 217 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
News flash no one cares about the twin trees bowl. We want a team that doesn’t get smoked 5 games in a row on national tv. We want a team that doesn’t commit penalties. We want a team that doesn’t kick 50 something yard field goals down 20. Syracuse isn’t just some small school. We are one of the winningest programs in history. So yes the bar should be higher then making the pin stripe bowl.
News flash we are one of the worst P5 programs this century. And I agree the bar should be higher. Which is why the coach was let go.

Hahahaha. You think Notre Dame is a small private school? They have a freakin deal to with ABC.
I'm aware of their money, but they're a private school that is smaller than Syracuse enrollment wise. We have the ESPN pipeline, I know it's not Notre Dame money, but we have multiple billionaire alumni, Michael Jordans kid went here, his agent went here, 75% of the most influential sports network in America went here and the current president went here. We could make some serious if we actually tried.

I’ll put it this way: I don’t watch football (of any kind) anymore and I was still glued to this thread all weekend. I understood what was at stake for the future of not just the football program, but all of SU athletics.

Even if Chesney is a success, SU will only serve as a stepping stone.
BINGO. Mullen would likely have ended his career here. trust me at 51 your priorities are very different then up and coming

BINGO. Mullen would likely have ended his career here. trust me at 51 your priorities are very different then up and coming
Chesney being successfull here would be a good problem to have

I’ll be happy if the money allocated / donated for Mullen gets reinvested in NIL instead. Upping our NIL game will matter more to be honest. If it’s chesney and he lands some great talent in portal through proper NIL investment, fans will come around.

I'm aware of their money, but they're a private school that is smaller than Syracuse enrollment wise. We have the ESPN pipeline, I know it's not Notre Dame money, but we have multiple billionaire alumni, Michael Jordans kid went here, his agent went here, 75% of the most influential sports network in America went here and the current president went here. We could make some serious if we actually tried.
FWIW, I’ve heard some “mid” tier SEC schools question if they can even keep up with the “top 10” elite football schools. People are starting to realize it’s not just boosters and tv money that make the schools elite, but fanbase, game day atmosphere, corporate sponsorship (that was new to me in being a big deal), etc.

All weekend there was smoke. A lot of it. Matt Barrie continued to poke at Dan Mullen. I assume that was not the first Syracuse related twitter message Mullen received.

But it was never communicated before that he was not or would not become the next Syracuse coach. Why at midnight Sunday night is he finally acknowledging and stating he won’t be the head coach at Syracuse?

My only guess, Syracuse came back and told him he wasn’t the selection or couldn’t offer him what he was looking for. Typical Syracuse. You have a big time college coach on a silver platter. And you either cant deliver or refuse to deliver. Every time Syracuse has an opportunity to go big and prove everyone wrong, they go small.

When you continue to go small, you fall behind. And we will look back one day when we are left behind and ask ourselves how it all happened. Let’s just face it, this school is just not serious about sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.