Darius Bazley - Players Tribune | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Darius Bazley - Players Tribune

The shoe agent had Bazley stay committed to SU through the McDonald's game so he would still be invited to play and use that as a platform to build the Bazley "brand'. Then come out right after the game media buzz and declare his real intention. That is a fraud and it deprived SU the opportunity to get another highly rated recruit. So yea, he and his agent used Syracuse to further themselves.

To further go off of this, he was a top 10 recruit and All-American in both major games. He was also on the EYBL circuit. He was definitely being taken care of (whether it be by Nike, his coach or someone who wanted to get close to him), so when you read "$26,000 is a lot of money for a 17 year old", its a bunch of garbage.

LOL.
At any level of a criminal racketeering scheme, individuals or business entities that don't want to participate in that scheme are made examples of.

Seems like a nice kid. I dislike him less than I did a week ago. :rolleyes:

I would say I disliked him very little last week. I am certianly salty at the situation but never was at him.

That being said, this article does just as little in my saltiness factor. In fact, Im saltier today than I was last week.

At any level of a criminal racketeering scheme, individuals or business entities that don't want to participate in that scheme are made examples of.

Sure. Screwing with Boeheim is about 99th on a list of 10 reasons why this played out the way it did. Brilliant.

To further go off of this, he was a top 10 recruit and All-American in both major games. He was also on the EYBL circuit. He was definitely being taken care of (whether it be by Nike, his coach or someone who wanted to get close to him), so when you read "$26,000 is a lot of money for a 17 year old", its a bunch of garbage.
This slick story didn't ring right from the get go.

His mother and aau coach swayed him?

Who’s his AAU coach?
I wonder if the recent Adidas scandal played into the AAU coach swaying him toward the G League. Not that SU has anything to do with Adidas, but the reports probably spooked a number of agents. If they can start peeling kids off sooner, they stand a better chance to make at least some cash now. Look in the bushes, there's a shoe company or a sports agent in there somewhere.

This slick story didn't ring right from the get go.

That’s why 99 posters said on the day it happened that he was likely getting agent money. You’re just realizing this?

PR PR PR straight from a PR marketing company. All planned years ago to get around 1 and done silliness. The agents are winning hands down. Shoe companies are winning hands down. Colleges corrupted...NCAA corrupted. NBA execs smiling.
$26,000 not much
Who gains?
Who really gains?
What was impetus for G league?
Who funds?
Who really funds?
Where does money come from for AAU?
What is an agent?
Who are agents?
Do they work in concert with the NBA?
Did Nba really want 1 and done.?
Louisville scandal
Corruption?
$$$$$ colleges v NBA.
Re sizing slices of the pie.
Nike>slave labor
lots more
B

That’s why 99 posters said on the day it happened that he was likely getting agent money. You’re just realizing this?
When did he get it? Before he committed to SU?

I think I saw somewhere that it was actually Bazley who got into Howard’s head right before the 2017 season. He also had a BB gun with him at the 2010 big east tournament quarterfinals sitting a few rows up from Coach K. It was also Bazley who supplied Matt Howard with the PEDs he needed to suplex Kris Joseph.

I HAVE ALL THE DOCUMENTS HERE OPEN YOUR EYES PEOPLE.

BCF00B68-2B7B-4252-8CEA-F9FD1708DAC5.png

Anyway you look at it, it was a douche bag move by the kid or his handlers. The fact that he knew for months that it was an option and did not at least let Griffin know it was a possibility shows a lack of class/ethics. It would have at least allowed them to try to cultivate a plan B.

We get it you love the NBA. Everyone should leave early to make the NBA great.
I'm an NBA fan. And in certain cases for kids that are ready, yes, I can understand leaving. But I'm a big proponent of education. So not sure how you arrived at that conclusion (that I'm all about the NBA). My point was, whether you love the NBA or not, the best way to get there is through college and the draft, not the GL.

For the people who think this is a good idea let me pose this question. If this was such a good idea how come literally no one has made this move before?
You're misreading me, with all DR. I think it was a stupid, selfish move, not a "good idea". But it's time to move on.

Last edited:
Anyway you look at it, it was a douche bag move by the kid or his handlers. The fact that he knew for months that it was an option and did not at least let Griffin know it was a possibility shows a lack of class/ethics. It would have at least allowed them to try to cultivate a plan B.
I think he wouldn't of been able to play high school basketball if it was found out he was being paid and managed by an agent. That is why they needed to keep the cover story going through the Burger Boy game. SU should sue that agent.

it seems to me that the staff has been working a plan b all along. they knew bazley was a one and done and continued to recruit other forwards who could step in in year two (nate roberts, valdir manuel).
i'm as disappointed as anyone that darius won't be coming for a year, but i'm not angry about it.

They needed to have him signed to a school so that no one would try to recruit him. If people were actively trying to recruit him, the information could have slipped out that he already signed with an agent, while playing high school ball.

It's not that he broke the commitment to Syracuse. He was just using that commitment to get into the McDonald's game for the publicity. He wouldn't have been eligible to play in that game if he was under contract as a paid athlete. That game is for players going into college. He lied and he used SU.
So does that mean he can't play in the Jordan game? I hope he can't tired of looking at him

They needed to have him signed to a school so that no one would try to recruit him. If people were actively trying to recruit him, the information could have slipped out that he already signed with an agent, while playing high school ball.

You seem to be under the impression that that’s against the rules, and I’m not sure you’re right.

You seem to be under the impression that that’s against the rules, and I’m not sure you’re right.
You can't be getting paid and play high school ball. It's an amateur sport. Would you think it was wrong if he had already accepted monies from an agent before or during his commitment to Syracuse?

I believe in some situations the team the coach went to had to pay some sort of penalty. I'm not going to look it up, but I think I remember that being the case with Belichik to the Pats.
Yeah, certainly, but I was speaking about 'fan outrage,' and how the coaches' characters might have been called into question. Is that different because they're professionals, and Bazeley is a 'kid' who's 'supposed to be more grateful for the opportunities he's given.'

You can't be getting paid and play high school ball. It's an amateur sport. Would you think it was wrong if he had already accepted monies from an agent before or during his commitment to Syracuse?

Who’s rule? Where is it written?

The NCAA governs college athletics. They have rules against accepting money. To my knowledge there is no similar body governing high school sports.

Who’s rule? Where is it written?

The NCAA governs college athletics. They have rules against accepting money. To my knowledge there is no similar body governing high school sports.
LOL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom