Day Twenty One Fall Camp: Wed. August 23, 2017 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Day Twenty One Fall Camp: Wed. August 23, 2017

He has been out for three days? Sounds like he just is sick. Have you seen something besides the Bailey article?

According to Bailey's latest tweet, he hasn't practiced since Sunday.

So, what's the difference between a QB "pressure" & a QB "hurry", because Coleman was credited with a team leading total of 4 QBHs in 2016.

This seems like a legit definition of a QBH...

Hurries Definition - Sporting Charts

A quarterback hurry is counted when a defender either forces a quarterback out of the pocket or pressures the throw. It doesn't necessarily mean that the defender actually forced the quarterback to make a bad throw. Hurries are often a good indicator of a team's pass rush. Just because a player is not getting sacks, it does not mean he is not a good pass rusher, because hurrying the quarterback into a poor decision can be just as effective.

Well if it is the Flu, which it could be, that would not be an abnormal amount of time.
right. There was no practice Monday, so he has missed yesterday and today. Makes sense if he was very sick.

right. There was no practice Monday, so he has missed yesterday and today. Makes sense if he was very sick.
I called the pharmacy the other day and they are already offering flu shots for this season. Little too soon for me.

Does anyone know, inside or outside the program, what the deal is (for lack of a better phrase) re: Rex Culpepper? Is he fully healthy? Is he under-preforming? Will he convert to TE? Is he considering/on the way to transferring out? Haven't heard a sniff about him...seems odd to me that Clayton Welsch (sp?) has been getting more print than Rex.
Yes, I've been curious about Rex as well.

I wonder why they closed practice yesterday out of the blue. My guess is that Babers was not at all pleased with the offense in Sunday's scrimmage and had a few things to say about it.
IMG_0457.JPG

Any reason to be concerned w/Devito? Strange time to be out of practice for 3 days since the end of scrimmage on Saturday.
Hope he doesn't have Mono...

Hope he doesn't have Mono...

Ditto.
Only 'bright side' to him being ill is, it might simplify the backup QB/redshirt decision.

Just a heads-up, Babers is going to be on air on 104.5 in Albany @ 4:15 this afternoon.

Any reason to be concerned w/Devito? Strange time to be out of practice for 3 days since the end of scrimmage on Saturday.

I love a good conspiracy as much as anyone (sick since end of scrimmage, father disappears from board).

But we're still well within the flu's statute of limitations.

Yes, I've been curious about Rex as well.
The reason we don't hear about him is because there's not much worth hearing. He's 4th or 5th on the depth chart because of his play. Barring a dramatic turnaround, I'd be surprised if he ever takes meaningful snaps for the team.

not concerned if he's had a fever

Unfortunately when I heard it was my first thought too. Made me think back to, I think it was, Tyson Gulley freshman year?
fixed it for you...
Prince Tyson Gulley

I love a good conspiracy as much as anyone (sick since end of scrimmage, father disappears from board).

Yea I wouldnt consider myself much of a tin hat guy, just a bit of a nervous nellie considering our lack of luck the last 15 years. I'm sure you're right.

I called the pharmacy the other day and they are already offering flu shots for this season. Little too soon for me.
A pediatrician told my wife that you should wait until about november.

He hasn't disappeared. I think he has just made a wise decision to only post on the payside. ;)
Fewer provocateurs over there, perhaps?

I'm sure a moderator made a gentle suggestion so that he can maintain his sanity.