Class of 2024 - DE/TE KingJoseph Edwards (GA) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/19/23) | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 DE/TE KingJoseph Edwards (GA) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/19/23)

All this talk about weather just floors me. I remember being in an elevator full of execs and one asks a woman how her daughter is doing with college admissions. She replied "She got accepted by Michigan." Another guy says "I hope she likes snow". What an idiotic response. She's looking to get a good education not getting a tan. Atlanta gets an half of snow and it's paralyzed for a week. Syracuse gets half a foot and everybody gets to work on time.
More people live between DC and Boston, than people West of the Mississippi. Guess what? Snow is no big deal. Its kinda fun, and beautiful.

My Sister in law is from Trinidad. Then Florida. Now New England. She will never, ever, ever, ever go back down south. She loves it. Its no big deal. Live a little.

Any kid from down south would have a good adventure coming north. Let's make that happen!

And before anyone starts throwing rocks at Dohn, Rivals downgraded KE yesterday. He’s now a 3 star and out of their top 250. Whenever 247 updates their composite he probably falls to a 3 star in that because of this.

And before anyone starts throwing rocks at Dohn, Rivals downgraded KE yesterday. He’s now a 3 star and out of their top 250. Whenever 247 updates their composite he probably falls to a 3 star in that because of this.
No matter how they grade him, it's clear that he has a stellar character. I'll be proud to call him Cuse's own.

And you're hiding in the AC when it's brutal. Can't exactly go snowboarding, sledding or have a snowball fight, either. That stuff is FUN. Or you could just sit in a pool of your (basically urine) soaked sweat for 5 months. Gross. Live a little. Go build a snowman.

View attachment 234636
I live 10 mins from the beach … I’ll sweat if I get to see this whenever I wish .. all about preference … but I don’t have to shovel … corrosion due to salt or sand or worry about folks who have no idea how to drive in that crao. I’ll just enjoy this …

Attachments

• IMG_6136.jpeg
    IMG_6136.jpeg
    260.8 KB · Views: 74
I live 10 mins from the beach … I’ll sweat if I get to see this whenever I wish .. all about preference … but I don’t have to shovel … corrosion due to salt or sand or worry about folks who have no idea how to drive in that crao. I’ll just enjoy this …
I live 10 minutes from the beach, too. 800 feet from a tidal river. Its pretty freaking fun surfing in a blizzard. Total hoot. Lots of guys do. I do what I want- and I'm comfortable doing it.

Weather is no big deal.

I'm not disparaging the south. I'm saying any southern recruit can have a heck of a good time up north... Because they CAN - in ways they've never thought of.

Last edited:
Hahh! Recruits go to Michigan, Ohio State, Ped State. Its cold there, too. Who cares? I'm guessing they don't say, "Aww shucks... Its cold here..." They CLOSE.

Any southern recruit should come on up and check out the snow. If you're not ready for the shuffle board deck? Snow is a freaking hoot! Live a little. Thats all.

UFB

Hahh! Recruits go to Michigan, Ohio State, Ped State. Its cold there, too. Who cares? I'm guessing they don't say, "Aww shucks... Its cold here..." They CLOSE.

Any southern recruit should come on up and check out the snow. If you're not ready for the shuffle board deck? Snow is a freaking hoot! Live a little. Thats all.
Most of the people I know down here have not been jaded by winter think getting to see snow is a plus, it's not a negative unless you make it one.

Most of the people I know down here have not been jaded by winter think getting to see snow is a plus, it's not a negative unless you make it one.
My Pastor's family is from Zambia and the kids went crazy when they saw snow for the first time last year, they were so happy! People definitely make too much about the weather, to some, it's a bonus. Especially at Christmas time.

It’s the lack of sunshine that’s the worst part

As the old saying goes, come for the recruiting talk, leave due to the weather conversation.
Apologies on my end. Folks will complain about anything. For a thread the kid might read? Screw that. I work outside. The only season that bugs me, is summer, cuz its too hot. There's a heck of a lot to do in winter- stuff you can only dream about down south. If you are a Do-er? Yeah. Winter is fun.

I hope KingJoseph enjoys it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom