Class of 2024 - DE/TE KingJoseph Edwards (GA) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/19/23) | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 DE/TE KingJoseph Edwards (GA) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/19/23)

Last week when we were in his top 3 out of nowhere I thought it’s nice to be included with kids like this already, didn’t think we’d land him. Now I’d be shocked if he wasn’t orange and very very soon.

View attachment 234655King not concerned at all about the weather.
Location is really not that big a deal to a lot of these guys. If the kids like the coaches and school they will come. That's the funny thing about college football, most of the top teams are in smaller cities, Clemson, South Bend, Ann Arbor, College Station, State College, Tuscaloosa, Tallahassee. Probably part of the reason they have such huge followings, it's the only game in town.

The building looks more full when there are 42k bodies in 42k seats than it does when there are 42k bodies in 49k seats
That's great. I've seen a lot of post about these moves better positioning SU in the next round of this expansion garbage. How many programs involved have a 42k capacity stadiums? How many are REDUCING capacity? Neither exactly screams big time football program. You can bet that if/when that happens other programs opposed to SU's inclusion will use it against them BIG TIME.

That's great. I've seen a lot of post about these moves better positioning SU in the next round of this expansion garbage. How many programs involved have a 42k capacity stadiums? How many are REDUCING capacity? Neither exactly screams big time football program. You can bet that if/when that happens other programs opposed to SU's inclusion will use it against them BIG TIME.
Okay, we currently average under 40k attendance, so I'm sure they'd use that against us too.

I'd rather have 42k sold out crowd, looking full, and getting rowdy.

If it’s 45,000 in a Dome, it will be louder than 125,000 outdoors. Won’t matter in the slightest. Full Dome is just as impressive as any other venue. And I bet most coaches would agree with me.
Especially 45K invested in the game. Half of the time people aren’t paying attention or playing on their phones. When i’m at the game or watching the game it’s all business…unless i’m posting in a game thread

1000005883.jpg

So either the BiG (most likely) is going to be cool with 42k or SU was always screwed to begin with.
Northwestern, Maryland, Indiana, Minnesota, Rutgers all hold just around 50k. It’s not a huge difference. I don’t think 8k less seats would affect anything if there were 42k people actually showing up. If attendance hasn’t been so bad i would understand but how many times have we needed more than 42k in the last decade?

Keep banging the drum. Can’t we just enjoy the big recruiting weekend?
Keep banging the drum? What are you talking about? I mentioned it once and then responded to others responses.

Northwestern, Maryland, Indiana, Minnesota, Rutgers all hold just around 50k. It’s not a huge difference. I don’t think 8k less seats would affect anything if there were 42k people actually showing up. If attendance hasn’t been so bad i would understand but how many times have we needed more than 42k in the last decade?
Well, I guess I'm just hoping to be a little bit better than the last decade.

Create a great atmosphere that is loud and that will attract people. Cameron is high school gym. The seats are incredibly uncomfortable. The place is packed creating a great atmosphere. Pack the dome and create an exclusive, packed, awesome atmosphere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom