Class of 2024 - DE/TE KingJoseph Edwards (GA) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/19/23) | Page 48 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 DE/TE KingJoseph Edwards (GA) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/19/23)

It's 2 highlights in a practice for an all-star game.

Hardly indicative of anything.

I'm hopeful about this kid, but let's get excited about how he plays in the actual game.
1704163279664.jpeg

Im all for guys getting excited for our guys but 1v1's are equivalent to 7v7's without pads. Now if he kills it in the game I will be estatic.
I’m just excited because he clearly moves very well for a guy that put on a bunch of weight and is moving to the inferior per the crack Rivals analysts. Anything that makes them look like the goofs they are is fine by me.

I’m just excited because he clearly moves very well for a guy that put on a bunch of weight and is moving to the inferior per the crack Rivals analysts. Anything that makes them look like the goofs they are is fine by me.
Nah you dont have to explain why you are excited. You should be. Im just not the type that get hyped from 1v1's. Ive been burned in the past. It makes everyone look like a stud. lol

Nah you dont have to explain why you are excited. You should be. Im just not the type that get hyped from 1v1's. Ive been burned in the past. It makes everyone look like a stud. lol

So, you’d prefer a guy who looks like azz in 1v1’s then? :p

When is the All american game that he is playing in?
UA Next All-America details...

King's UA roster...

Wednesday @ 4 on ESPN ;)

Is he at the wrong all star game? That tackle looks like he is about 12.
That's part of why people are skeptical of some of the footage we get... I was super excited after watching that video. If that guy is actually a top ranked tackle, Edwards handling him like that is pretty impressive. If that guy is just camp filler without any D1 offers, we shouldn't be as excited.

Also if that kid is a skinny tight end, not so much either.

Still, Edwards looks to be explosive, strong, and have good technique, even if that level of competition isn't super impressive.

Last edited:
That's part of why people are skeptical of some of the footage we get... I was super excited after watching that video. If that guy is actually a top ranked tackle, Edwards handling him like that is pretty impressive. If that guy is just fine filler without any D1 offers, we shouldn't be as excited.

Also if that kid is a skinny tight end, not so much either.

Still, Edwards looks to be explosive, strong, and have good technique, even if that level of competition isn't super impressive.
Rivals coverage of UA Ice 1v1 OL vs DL:

Edwards is at the 1:38 mark

Is he at the wrong all star game? That tackle looks like he is about 12.
OT is Ellis Davis. Consensus 4* (on all 3 sites). Committed/Signed to Texas Tech.

TX Tech profile: Ellis Davis - Football - Texas Tech Red Raiders

HIGH SCHOOL
Attended Prosper High School, a class 6A-DI school, in the DFW Metroplex … the Eagles had a perfect 7-0 season in district play to claim the 5-6A district crown in 2023 under head coach Tyler Moore … advanced to the playoffs Regional Semifinal round of the Class 6A Division I Football playoffs defeating Plane East in the first round and Lake Highlands in the Area round … fell to North Crowley, marking just their second loss all season finishing 11-2 in 2023 … named a unanimous 2023 District 5-6A First Team All District Offensive selection for an offensive front that helped a ground game produced 196.7 rushing yards per game … as a junior, was named third-team all-district … credited to not allowed zero sacks over 28 games in junior and senior seasons … is a four-star recruit by both Rivals and 247Sports … is ranked as the 33rd-best recruit in the state of Texas and the No. 15 offensive tackle in the nation by the 247 Sports composite rankings … tabbed a top 10 offensive tackle in the nation on Nov. 26, 2023 by the On300 ranking … named an Under Armour All-American in fall of 2023 and set to play in January game in Orlando … CHOSE TEXAS TECH OVER: TCU, Texas A&M, SMU, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Penn State, Auburn, Florida State, Oregon, Stanford, Tennessee, Utah among others.

None of this means he will be a guaranteed starter as a frosh or anything but all things being equal we want him to look good. I mean this isn't just some random camp where he is beating scrubs. He is going up against elite talent at Under Armour All American game practices. No problem getting a little excited if Edwards is doing well. We should be. Now of course the camp wants to show the best for everyone there and paint them in a good light but when you get mentioned as 1 of 3 DL being called out as excelling from a guy like Adam Friedman who is a Rivals National Recruiting Analyst/Rankings Director and then you also get mentioned as dominating in 1 v 1's by this Demetric Warren guy who is apparently the UA All-America Game Player Personnel Director why not be excited?

I love that he isn't just beating a guy around the outside either. He is getting to the QB with power and moves. And I love the fact that he is apparently adding weight. How anyone sees that as a negative is beyond me. Looking at the A&M roster they like their DE's pretty big. Love this. Can't wait to see how he does in the game.

Last edited:
None of this means he will be a guaranteed starter as a frosh or anything but all things being equal we want him to look good. I mean this isn't just some random camp where he is beating scrubs. He is going up against elite talent at Under Armour All American game practices. No problem getting a little excited if Edwards is doing well. We should be. Now they want to show the best for everyone there and paint them in a good light but when you get mentioned as 1 of 3 DL being called out as excelling from a guys like Adam Friedman who is a Rivals National Recruiting Analyst/Rankings Director Covering CFB recruits all over the East Coast and then you also get mentioned as dominating in 1 v 1's by this Demetric Warren guy who is apparently the UA All-America Game Player Personnel Director why not be excited?

I love that he isn't just beating a guy around the outside either. He is getting to the QB with power and moves. And I love the fact that he is apparently adding weight. How anyone sees that as a negative is beyond me. Looking at the A&M roster they like their DE's pretty big. Love this. Can't wait to see how he does in the game.
If he does well, they will say his name, they will say where he is going. It helps to change the perception.

None of this means he will be a guaranteed starter as a frosh or anything but all things being equal we want him to look good. I mean this isn't just some random camp where he is beating scrubs. He is going up against elite talent at a Under Armour All American game practices. No problem getting a little excited if Edwards is doing well. We should be. Now they want to show the best for everyone there and paint them in a good light but when you get mentioned as 1 of 3 DL being called out as excelling from a guys like Adam Friedman who is a Rivals National Recruiting Analyst/Rankings Director Covering CFB recruits all over the East Coast and then you also get mentioned as dominating in 1 v 1's by this Demetric Warren guy who is apparently the UA All-America Game Player Personnel Director why not be excited?

Being consistently listed as a standout in practice is absolutely something worth getting excited about. And I am excited about it.

One single cherry picked practice highlight is not.

I think when it is all said and done, this kid is going to be lauded as a key recruiter, NOT JUST for the great play he will have on the field. I am hearing about his efforts to get other kids also to Syracuse. Too bad McKinley isn't on team Ice also so that KJE could spend even more time trying to recruit him to Syracuse. This kid KJE is special

Being consistently listed as a standout in practice is absolutely something worth getting excited about. And I am excited about it.

One single cherry picked practice highlight is not.
Do I like his physique, quickness, and get off? yes. Do I like his hand placement and arm extention? Yes. I see things I like and hope translates to the game. Im just not going to decrease or increase my expectations from watching a few 1v1 clips. It has nothing to do with my excitement level.

Do I like his physique, quickness, and get off? yes. Do I like his hand placement and arm extention? Yes. I see things I like and hope translates to the game. Im just not going to decrease or increase my expectations from watching a few 1v1 clips. It has nothing to do with my excitement level.
I am willing to extrapolate from single highlight plays in some circumstances.

For instance, Edwards just picked up a four star OT listed at 275 with one arm and carried him to the quarterback. That play would have been amazing if we'd seen it in any kind of game.

The fact he did it in a meaningless drill doesn't make it any less impressive. The other kid is still trying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom