Class of 2024 - DE/TE KingJoseph Edwards (GA) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/19/23) | Page 49 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 DE/TE KingJoseph Edwards (GA) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/19/23)

I am willing to extrapolate from single highlight plays in some circumstances.

For instance, Edwards just picked up a four star OT listed at 275 with one arm and carried him to the quarterback. That play would have been amazing if we'd seen it in any kind of game.

The fact he did it in a meaningless drill doesn't make it any less impressive. The other kid is still trying.
I didnt say anything is not impressive. I'm saying I'm waiting for the actual game. lol. Im not trying change anyone's optimism for King. Im just looking at it from a different perspective than others.

Last edited:
I didnt say anything is not impressive. I'm saying I'm waiting for the actual game. lol. Im not trying change anyone's optimism for King. Im just looking at it from a different perspective than others.
With the history of freak workout drill warriors it’s prudent to be patient. Look at guys like Mike Mamula combine legend and 1 vs 1 king … or guys like Tony Mandrich. It happens too often to not have this perspective.

That's part of why people are skeptical of some of the footage we get... I was super excited after watching that video. If that guy is actually a top ranked tackle, Edwards handling him like that is pretty impressive. If that guy is just camp filler without any D1 offers, we shouldn't be as excited.

Also if that kid is a skinny tight end, not so much either.

Still, Edwards looks to be explosive, strong, and have good technique, even if that level of competition isn't super impressive.
No kid is playing in the under armor all American game with no d 1 offers

I'm sure he doesn't do this for the attention, and likely wouldn't WANT attention drawn to it, as it is part of who he is. Having said that, this is the kind of stuff that I'd like to see get more press as to who this man is that is now running the SU Football program. Kids like KJE and most parents, too, would be instantly drawn to this man and his program; a "foot in the door" before they've even met. HCFB: :):):)

Here is Emily's story on the event. Wow, for everything that might be wrong about college athletics, then a young man like KingJoseph comes along. He's going to be easy to cheer for, to say the least. Definitely need to credit to Coach Fran for his efforts also.

Here is Emily's story on the event. Wow, for everything that might be wrong about college athletics, then a young man like KingJoseph comes along. He's going to be easy to cheer for, to say the least. Definitely need to credit to Coach Fran for his efforts also.

Yeah he’s a class act all the way. Has such a positive perspective on life and his fellow man.

I'm sure he doesn't do this for the attention, and likely wouldn't WANT attention drawn to it, as it is part of who he is. Having said that, this is the kind of stuff that I'd like to see get more press as to who this man is that is now running the SU Football program. Kids like KJE and most parents, too, would be instantly drawn to this man and his program; a "foot in the door" before they've even met. HCFB: :):):)
With NIL being part of the equation now, if I were to buy a jersey of a current player, there’s no question in my mind that it would be an Edwards jersey.

With NIL being part of the equation now, if I were to buy a jersey of a current player, there’s no question in my mind that it would be an Edwards jersey.
I just bought this from the NIL store, best I can do until I can find a field quality authentic one. Which I hope at some point they’ll sell somewhere. These are probably the best quality current style replicas I’ve seen. But numbers/name aren’t stitched so still a ways to go.

IMG_1887.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom