Dino Babers ... NOT NAMED 2018 ACC Coach of the Year | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Dino Babers ... NOT NAMED 2018 ACC Coach of the Year

I'm a little torn by this. Did dabo deserve it? Yes. I like Dabo and honestly, got no quarrel with Clemson's program.
Did Dino deserve it more? IMHO, yes. But the SU turnaround was such a shock to those nattering nabobs of negativism in the media, they'll just chalk it up to a flash-in-the-pan, rather than a sustained change. Maybe some racial issues played a part, who knows. It IS the South after all.
No matter...the best thing to do is to come back every year and proceed to kick more ACC arse- and like it or not, they'll have to give it to Dino! LGfrickenO

I'm a little torn by this. Did dabo deserve it? Yes. I like Dabo and honestly, got no quarrel with Clemson's program.
Did Dino deserve it more? IMHO, yes. But the SU turnaround was such a shock to those nattering nabobs of negativism in the media, they'll just chalk it up to a flash-in-the-pan, rather than a sustained change. Maybe some racial issues played a part, who knows. It IS the South after all.
No matter...the best thing to do is to come back every year and proceed to kick more ACC arse- and like it or not, they'll have to give it to Dino! LGfrickenO

This...Just keep winning and give them all the middle finger on the way,

Don't give up a 4th quarter lead in the other guys place if you want to win it Dabo would be on the outside looking in praying for a Texas or Northwestern win this weekend if we had finished the job and took 2 in a row off them. They didn't give it to Doreen I got no beef with this we look petty whining like this and I love Dino and think hes the better coach. We don't warrant a participation trophy simply because people outside the SU program didn't think we'd be any good despite bringing Dungey back.

Listen. I have no problem with Shafer's reaction to Dabo's decision at the end of that game. Dabo was well in control of that game deep into the 4th quarter and I believe threw the ball into the endzone on 4th down. (I may be a little fuzzy on the details here).

Regardless, the move was completely uncalled for and Shafer was completely, understandably frustrated. It was a d... move. And just because of that, I dont understand why Dabo is everyone's golden boy.
that does repulse me. I have followed SU sports for 40+ years and have never seen us suck up to the big dog. Just the opposite has been true, we want to crush them and take their stuff.

really had SU been a 4-5 win team then no one else would have had any gripe over Dabo winning. its not easy for a 12-0 team to go 12-0 so Dabo did a fine job.. he also almost cost them the season by how he handled the QB issue.

Dino’s a great coach but Shhhh,. If you have a drop dead gf or wife I don’t want them up for a beauty contestant or any other award program that just shows all what I have and they don’t.

Cause sometime in life celebrities get star struck and move on.

Obviously laughable, but it makes me think twice on clicking the button for that Orlando flight just yet.
Actually all the more reason to attend the bowl game. Let Dino know how much we appreciate him. Go big, Orange. Take over the Citrus/Camper's World Bowl. I think we need shirts, "Dino is the real Coach of the Year. ACC voters are a fraud."

Listen. I have no problem with Shafer's reaction to Dabo's decision at the end of that game. Dabo was well in control of that game deep into the 4th quarter and I believe threw the ball into the endzone on 4th down. (I may be a little fuzzy on the details here).

Regardless, the move was completely uncalled for and Shafer was completely, understandably frustrated. It was a d... move. And just because of that, I dont understand why Dabo is everyone's golden boy.
Except that gif was right before halftime. Clemson was up big and you go for the TD to end the game before the half. As a Cuse fan, I had no problem with DS doing that before the half. If it was the 4th quarter, I would have had a beef. I have more of a beef with incompetent SS acting like the typical idiot he was. He should have thought about stopping them from scoring rather than looking like a profane imbecile.

Except that gif was right before halftime. Clemson was up big and you go for the TD to end the game before the half. As a Cuse fan, I had no problem with DS doing that before the half. If it was the 4th quarter, I would have had a beef. I have more of a beef with incompetent SS acting like the typical idiot he was. He should have thought about stopping them from scoring rather than looking like a profane imbecile.

Best post ever

I mean if this is the argument then fine. Award it to Dabo every f)&@ing year but be intellectually consistent with it.

This is not the standard EVER applied to COY awards.

Signed,

A Patriots, Celtics, and Red Sox fan

Ya know, it is what it is... all these snubs are fuel for the fire over the next handful of weeks...

Hopefully we get an angry squad in the bowl game that’s going to give the college football landscape a one fingered salute.

Wrong...it is not an award for the best coach in the conference. It is for the coach that has done the most for his team that season. Dino is that coach this season!
Mic drop...
Ok Dabo's team was playing like stuff (for them) Changed its starting QB and almost lost to us ...and has not been close sense. 'Mic drop" lol

Last edited:
Ok Dabo's team was playing like stuff (for them) Changed its starting QB and almost lost to us ...and has not been close sense. 'Mic drop" lol
Changing the QB on a team full of 4/5 stars does not have the same effect as say a team with 2/3 star players. He could have played a walk-on all season at QB and still finished ranked with that team.

Clemson 13-1, 11-2 and now 12-0.
SU 4-8, 4-8 and now 9-3.

Seems simple to me. Can't wait for the game in the Dome vs Clemson. Get your tickets now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom