Dino is back next year | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Dino is back next year

Killdozer rocking the orange tinted glasses like a pro now
Until a better offensive system is brought in I will hold judgement on GS. DBs system sucked under EVERY quarterback except for when Dungey was able to improvise and extend plays. Dino is just a bad coach and will be fired next year if he doesn't bring in an OC that runs a BETTER system then his HS scheme. If Dino had QBs that were successful at SU I would feel differently but he has proven that he cannot coach and those are the facts based on stats and records.

Let’s rewind three months. Experts forecast said 3.5 wins. Wildhack said expectations were to return to playing competitive football. Virtually everyone on this forum said just getting to a bowl would be a great accomplishment.
Look. The last month has been a killer. But this team was literally one play from getting to a bowl. Took Wake Forest to overtime. Played FSU and Clemson to the last snap. And lost to Rutgers due to some of the most egregious calls I have seen from officiating in over 50 years as a fan.
There are no style points in football. If you want that, go watch figure skating. Team fulfilled the minimum requirements set by the AD, and that combined with the financial realities that a buyout would present assure that Dino will be at the helm when spring practice starts in 3 months.

All that being said, the seat is definitely hot in 2022. And the road is not an easy one. Need a complete rebuild of the D line, need to take a hard, honest look at the QB situation, need to uncover an impact WR. O line was greatly improved IMO, but injuries took a significant toll. I know the staff is very high on some of the young kids and feels they are the verge of contributing so I am more optimistic there.
Time for Dino to do an honest staff assessment and hit the portal quickly to get some potential answers here for the spring semester. I am in for one more year, but will join the critics if we are still having these discussions in 12 months.
Go Orange!I

I would not have been surprised if Babers had been let go. Had no idea if it would happen or not, but I wasn't shocked to hear the news that he is keeping the job.

Personally, I consider the 2020 season a wash due to Covid, and I give Dino Babers a mulligan on that one like I do most coaches around the country. Yes, games were played and every team was up against it, but clearly some teams had more to deal with than others.

Without a doubt the 2022 season is really important. Let's hope Babers has a good plan and turns this thing around. Go Cuse!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom