Disgraceful | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Disgraceful

They quit when it got kinda tough. This team can lose on the first day the way they play.

You can never play zone good enough to shut down three shooters like that. Never.

Coach is the best zone guy in history, but you can only slow down a shooter like Guy with a great defender, like Battle. With his size and quickness, Battle could have been a great M2M defender. But we will never know.

It is past time for Boeheim to go for one reason. He thinks 40 minutes of zone is good enough. Good enough is not what an elite program needs. I hope we pull in some 5-star recruits in the next couple of years. Otherwise, our program could become an also-ran in the ACC.

Are you 12? Doesn’t work that way. I’ve NEVER heard a recruit decide to commit based on the outcome of a game he attended during a visit. It’s rather illogical.
I mean I could be

One of the the really clever things they were doing was dragging PC out when Jerome caught the ball at the foul line then dribbled back out scuff forced PC to follow him since the guards fanned out. Then he found Diakite or another big wide open down low

Bad defense and worse offense. Pretty standard at this point. We belong in the tournament because we'd win 90% of games against 10 seeds and worse. The problem is we'd lose 99% of games against 8 seeds or better.

One of the the really clever things they were doing was dragging PC out when Jerome caught the ball at the foul line then dribbled back out scuff forced PC to follow him since the guards fanned out. Then he found Diakite or another big wide open down low
Yes, that killed us, but where were our forwards when they did that?

You can never play zone good enough to shut down three shooters like that. Never.

Coach is the best zone guy in history, but you can only slow down a shooter like Guy with a great defender, like Battle. With his size and quickness, Battle could have been a great M2M defender. But we will never know.

It is past time for Boeheim to go for one reason. He thinks 40 minutes of zone is good enough. Good enough is not what an elite program needs. I hope we pull in some 5-star recruits in the next couple of years. Otherwise, our program could become an also-ran in the ACC.
Coach is the only zone guy in history.

No one notice that several of those made threes were shots that were questionably high risk and poor decision. I mean some of Kyle Guy’s shots were double teamed and from deep. They were a couple of good shots but if he had missed some of these more ridiculous shots, I would had expected their coach to sit him but he made around 75%. I guess the coach felt if as long as they were falling, let him shoot.

Chill. We just played three top-five teams in ten days. By the end of the third of those games, it showed, in an ugly way. But objectively we performed decently in two and a half of them.
No we shouldn't chill. We are SU. We should be disgusted.

I thought that was really genius. I've never seen a coach do that before. Pull the center 20 feet from the basket by putting a tall three point shooter at the foul line and back him out. The defender can't leave because we leaves the shooter wide open.

No doubt our potential first round opponents are already watching the film of this game.

I thought that was really genius. I've never seen a coach do that before. Pull the center 20 feet from the basket by putting a tall three point shooter at the foul line and back him out. The defender can't leave because we leaves the shooter wide open.

No doubt our potential first round opponents are already watching the film of this game.
JB is gonna have to adjust the zone! :rolleyes:

Lol. Seattle has been pummeled by snow this year.
Two or three storms. Hard for them, but it's gorgeous today.. Rainer was amazing tonight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom