Dixon stays with Pitt... | Syracusefan.com

Dixon stays with Pitt...

So...bye bye Hop? Especially with UCLA probably opening up as well?

so do we go after Shaka, Brad Stevens or Jay Wright if Hop indeed goes back (which I still say is a long shot).

so do we go after Shaka, Brad Stevens or Jay Wright if Hop indeed goes back (which I still say is a long shot).
Well I don't think any of them would want to be an assistant for JB.

(And Shaka)

And if JB is really retiring, which I doubt maybe unless we win it all, I cannot imagine Hop would leave since he already has a job here. Well, unless there's a lot to this investigation and he wants to jump ship while he can.

Stevens adn Shaka would be hard to get. But I think we could get Wright if we wanted.

Well I don't think any of them would want to be an assistant for JB.

(And Shaka)

And if JB is really retiring, which I doubt maybe unless we win it all, I cannot imagine Hop would leave since he already has a job here. Well, unless there's a lot to this investigation and he wants to jump ship while he can.

Im just talking about when Boeheim does retire... didnt mean this year.

Im just talking about when Boeheim does retire... didnt mean this year.
Gotcha. I have a feeling by the time JB retires, if Hop is gone, Shaka won't be an option. Hell, UCLA would be smart to go after him when they fire Howland.

Also, don't forget about Josh Pastner. He's going to get a big gig soon.

One thing is pretty certain, if Hop wants to be a head coach, he will be one.

Brad Stevens isn't going anywhere:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=5068230

INDIANAPOLIS -- Brad Stevens is content to keep coaching the Butler way.
The 33-year-old coach, who came within a buzzer-beating shot of winning the NCAA men's basketball championship, signed a 12-year deal Thursday that extends through the 2021-22 season.

Shaka Smart isn't going anywhere:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=6290035

Updated: April 5, 2011, 3:51 PM ET
RICHMOND, Va. -- Virginia Commonwealth coach Shaka Smart is staying with the Rams after leading them on a surprising Final Four run.
The school said Monday that Smart has agreed to a new eight-year contract at VCU. Details of that deal will be released once the contract is signed, but a source told the Richmond Times-Dispatch that the new deal will pay Smart $1.2 million in base pay annually.

Jay Wright's contract is up this year. I'd rather see what Hop can do. But not on a long-term deal just yet. Two years, three max to start.

Dixon is a quality coach who will get to a Final Four. Let's not forget that it took Boeheim 11 seasons to get over the hump.

That's far from a guarantee. Lots of quality coaches never make the final four, and Dixon has significant history working against him.

I hope he never does. Can't stand pitt or their fans.

Brad Stevens isn't going anywhere:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=5068230

INDIANAPOLIS -- Brad Stevens is content to keep coaching the Butler way.
The 33-year-old coach, who came within a buzzer-beating shot of winning the NCAA men's basketball championship, signed a 12-year deal Thursday that extends through the 2021-22 season.

Shaka Smart isn't going anywhere:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=6290035

Updated: April 5, 2011, 3:51 PM ET
RICHMOND, Va. -- Virginia Commonwealth coach Shaka Smart is staying with the Rams after leading them on a surprising Final Four run.
The school said Monday that Smart has agreed to a new eight-year contract at VCU. Details of that deal will be released once the contract is signed, but a source told the Richmond Times-Dispatch that the new deal will pay Smart $1.2 million in base pay annually.

Jay Wright's contract is up this year. I'd rather see what Hop can do. But not on a long-term deal just yet. Two years, three max to start.
Yeah, coaches never leave before their contracts expire.

Jake was right - Dixon used the USC opening as leverage. Had to laugh at Barkley saying - Dixon lost didn't he - wonder if Pitt would sign him till 2050 if he had actually won.
The best part about that line by Charles?

Dixon is a guest analyst in the TNT studio today! Barkley really just doesn't give a F.

I say that when Howland gets shown the door at UCLA this week, Dixon reneges and heads to Westwood.

I would be willing to wager that Mike Hopkins will be our next head coach. Who cares if he goes to USC? SU could always hire him back.

I say that when Howland gets shown the door at UCLA this week, Dixon reneges and heads to Westwood.

I could Dixon at UCLA not USC, but I think Ben comes back

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom