Dixon stays with Pitt... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dixon stays with Pitt...

there is no way Hopkins would take his family and go back home only to come back to Syracuse a couple years later.

what winning style?

Stevens is an exceptional coach, but I would want another high-major head coach that has proven he can win with high-major talent. I wouldn't necessarily object to Stevens, but coaches like Wright should be ahead of him.

If Hopkins leaves, then Jay Wright would be option number one for me.

He's 51 years old. He has a .640 winning percentage. He took Hofstra to 2 NCAA Tournament appearances. In 12 years with Villanova he's gone to the NCAA Tournament 8 times, with 4 sweet sixteen appearances, 2 elite eight's, and 1 final four.

If my profession was NCAA men's basketball coach and I was returning to city I've lived in for years, easily yes

Maybe. Maybe not.
I don't know. But my gut says... maybe.

neutrals_288x288.jpg

We have a beige alert out on Hop's status.

CNAru.png

Would you force your entire family to move across the country, settle down, then a few years later move across the country again?

Ya let's leave somewhere where i am already named the next coach to go across country with my family in tow just to coach for 2 or 3 years, then lets pull them out of school and fly them back across country. never mind you are just about to see the rewards of your rebuild, and your parents are still there and even a couple years older. it's just not realistic. if he wants to stay at syracuse he would stick it out another couple years.

Stevens is an exceptional coach, but I would want another high-major head coach that has proven he can win with high-major talent. I wouldn't necessarily object to Stevens, but coaches like Wright should be ahead of him.

really? i don't know i guess i have totally different thinking. Stevens made 2 finals, what has Wright ever done? I'm more of the thinking of what Stevens could do with even more talent. I think he is one of the best, if not best tactician in the game. He runs a ton of set plays, just like Izzo. I don't think it's a coincidence their styles of play strive when it counts.

fwiw Gordon Hayward, and Shelvin Mack are no bums.

This is not a good development. Methinks Hop is USC's guy...unless...

If Hop goes good luck to him. JB still has 2 or 3 years left and we will land a great coach. Not worried at all

Are USC and UCLA going to have a bidding war for Hop?

So let me get this straight.. The USC job is going to either Hop, Herman Harried or Larry Brown?

there is no way Hopkins would take his family and go back home only to come back to Syracuse a couple years later.

His wife and kids are all from Syracuse. And he has been in Syracuse for more than half of his life.

I for 1, dont really see him leaving unless is really about to hit the fan.

what about hiring Ben Howland? I hear he'll be available.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom