Dixon stays with Pitt... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Dixon stays with Pitt...

His wife and kids are all from Syracuse. And he has been in Syracuse for more than half of his life.

I for 1, dont really see him leaving unless is really about to hit the fan.

ya i was more saying that if he left he isn't going to turn around and come right back in a couple years.

ya i was more saying that if he left he isn't going to turn around and come right back in a couple years.

Yeah I doubt that too. 1 3000 mile move is tough. 2 in a short time period is impossible.

If his wife and kids stick around in Cuse - I think we'll know our answer.

If the wife and kids move - its all over but the shouting.

What about Jeff VanGundy?
I'm not sure if you're serious or not, but no way in hell, just in case you are. I like JVG but he's never been a HC at the college level. Also, he's got an NBA coaching record of 430-318...how is he not coaching somewhere when people like Vinny Del Negro are working the sidelines? Unless he just prefers being an analyst (he's one of the absolute best in the biz, by the way).

despite the tourney flameouts dixon's proved to be a good college basketball coach

I'm not sure if you're serious or not, but no way in hell, just in case you are. I like JVG but he's never been a HC at the college level. Also, he's got an NBA coaching record of 430-318...how is he not coaching somewhere when people like Vinny Del Negro are working the sidelines? Unless he just prefers being an analyst (he's one of the absolute best in the biz, by the way).
Why no way in hell? Your reasoning doesn't add up to me. No HC at the college level? That's the disqualifying factor? Well neither does Hop. And he has plenty of asst experience and HC experience at the pro level (for most people pro trumps college).

He is also an upstate guy. I think he would like to get back into it. And I think he would play a wide open style, much better than the Stevens clutch and grab.

Hadn't seen his name floated out there before and I was wondering why it wasn't. I'm still wondering, since the no college HC experience doesn't disqualify him IMO.

Why no way in hell? Your reasoning doesn't add up to me. No HC at the college level? That's the disqualifying factor? Well neither does Hop. And he has plenty of asst experience and HC experience at the pro level (for most people pro trumps college).

He is also an upstate guy. I think he would like to get back into it. And I think he would play a wide open style, much better than the Stevens clutch and grab.

Hadn't seen his name floated out there before and I was wondering why it wasn't. I'm still wondering, since the no college HC experience doesn't disqualify him IMO.
Mainly because he's really never even been a proven recruiter or anything. He spent, what, a couple years at Providence and Rutgers before bolting for the NBA? His lack of recruiting experience and the fact that he's been away from the college game for nearly 25 years is a big red flag to me.

And again, I like JVG. But he's just not a college guy.

Mainly because he's really never even been a proven recruiter or anything. He spent, what, a couple years at Providence and Rutgers before bolting for the NBA? His lack of recruiting experience and the fact that he's been away from the college game for nearly 25 years is a big red flag to me.

And again, I like JVG. But he's just not a college guy.
The head coach is the closer. You can always hire a crackerjack recruiter (see Troy weaver).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom