Class of 2020 - DL David Ndukwe (GA) WKU Commit / Offered | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 DL David Ndukwe (GA) WKU Commit / Offered

Yeah. I don't get it. We need fat kids to play DT. We have to stop taking these lightweights and hope they eat enough pizza over 3 years. Shafer could find real defensive tackles. I don't know why this staff seems to have an allergy to taking actual DT's

Or just maybe the are recruiting the kid to play DE. I mean it does say DL not DT on his Hudl.
Might have just been the biggest kid on the team so the threw him in the middle.

I mean even if he is 200 that gives him a year or two to get 40 pounds on as a redshirt frosh and being 6-5 240 is a good start for a freshman

Fellas I get it. It will be nice to get some pluggers sprinkled in but 6'6 240 is not far off. He doesnt have to play for another 2 years. Keep in mind Ruff Slayton Bear Black were all 240 coming out of HS. 330 pound DT's doesn't mean they are good. The guys we got the last two years have longer frames to add weight to. There are a lot of productive undersize defenses in football. Speed is an asset when you know what your doing within the scheme. Size wasn't our main issue. The fits, schemes and the production we got out of the players were. To compete in the ACC, we need big explosive bodies.

I think that pic of him next to Stanard is deceptive. In the pic his shoulders look narrow, like he is slight. Watch his highlights. Broad shoulders and wide hips. This kid is a 3 tech all the way. Excellent playing strength and hands. Good get-off and motor.
Everyone who wants a plug and play 1 tech needs to chill, those guys are 1 in a million.

Fellas I get it. It will be nice to get some pluggers sprinkled in but 6'6 240 is not far off. He doesnt have to play for another 2 years. Keep in mind Ruff Slayton Bear Black were all 240 coming out of HS. 330 pound DT's doesn't mean they are good. The guys we got the last two years have longer frames to add weight to. There are a lot of productive undersize defenses in football. Speed is an asset when you know what your doing within the scheme. Size wasn't our main issue. The fits, schemes and the production we got out of the players were. To compete in the ACC, we need big explosive bodies.

Stop making so much sense, Coach! ;)

As a point of reference Stanard was 6-1 220 in college. Ndukwe is a big boy.

This kid will come in as big as Slayton had his freshman year.

Reactions: CIL
This kid looks all of 240. Most college freshmen put on loads of weight when they are not in a D1 level S&C program.

This kid with his frame will be 270+ his freshman year easy. And he still might look a bit thin. Has long limbs to keep OL away from his body.

Hope he is Orange!!

I just think our d line had a chance with Slayton in the middle. With McKinkey out this year and Slayton graduated, the defensive ends didn't have nearly the production they had a year ago. There was just no reason for an opposing offense to pay attention to undersized defensive tackles.

You gotta be strong, yes. You gotta be athletic, yes. But when your body weight isn't much to push around, how much can you actually do? You are probably not stressing the opposing o line enough.

These are just my thoughts though. I hope Ndukwe comes aboard if the coaches want him ...but these are guys not in the line of a Jason Bromley, Kayton Samuels, Eric Crume, Arthur Jones, or Steven Clark. Those guys could set the point, and I think we are all just waiting for this new recruiting technique to become actually useful ...or to trash it altogether

Just to quickly add to my post above:

I hope that Ndukwe comes in and is better than everyone that I just mentioned, and the coaches prove me wrong. Just have yet to see the desired results of this recruiting approach

I just think our d line had a chance with Slayton in the middle. With McKinkey out this year and Slayton graduated, the defensive ends didn't have nearly the production they had a year ago. There was just no reason for an opposing offense to pay attention to undersized defensive tackles.

You gotta be strong, yes. You gotta be athletic, yes. But when your body weight isn't much to push around, how much can you actually do? You are probably not stressing the opposing o line enough.

These are just my thoughts though. I hope Ndukwe comes aboard if the coaches want him ...but these are guys not in the line of a Jason Bromley, Kayton Samuels, Eric Crume, Arthur Jones, or Steven Clark. Those guys could set the point, and I think we are all just waiting for this new recruiting technique to become actually useful ...or to trash it altogether
I agree Slayton was a big loss.

He actually reminds me of Slayton bodywise when he came into the program. I'd like a mix of guys like this and some guys coming in at least 270+ who can add and hold the point of attack better. Similar to what NC State has had in recent years. With the exception of QB, the position this staff has had the most recruiting struggles with is DT.

He actually reminds me of Slayton bodywise when he came into the program. I'd like a mix of guys like this and some guys coming in at least 270+ who can add and hold the point of attack better. Similar to what NC State has had in recent years.
Yes, there should be some shorter squatty guys on the roster too. Guys that can hold point of attack and occupy two blockers without stunting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom