DL Latarie Kinsler in the portal from FIU | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

DL Latarie Kinsler in the portal from FIU

I guess. But it felt like someone scouring the roster for a bunch of names he hasn’t seen on the field and saying they’ll all probably be transferring, with no context.

If that’s message board speculation in the transfer portal era, so be it. But yuck.
This was my point and far better articulated above by Chip.

We all speculate but some speculation is out of no where. Most comes from watching games, scrimmages or short practice clips. I just don't know how someone can determine transfer prospects from 1or 2 year players that are playing behind 2/ 3 years starters. How do you form an opinion about a player we havent seen play yet?

This was my point and far better articulated above by Chip.

It's a gift.

Now here's a man getting hit in the groin by a football.

man-getting.gif

I have no idea what any of those guys will do BUT here's my quick analysis:

IJones - regularly plays on special teams
Ja Williams - seemed to be featured all over during fall camp and is currently out with an injury
Atkinson - is a covid freshman
Barclay - is a covid freshman (played in 2 games) currently hurt
Froumy - R-So currently hurt or rehabbing (missed 2020 with injury)
Rondi - R-FR currently hurt or rehabbing (missed 2020 with injury)
Petry - covid sophomore (played in 10 games last season) not sure of current status.
Markiewicz - covid freshman (played in 2 games) current 3rd string QB
I wouldn't be picking freshman or RF's and projecting who transfers - that's a low probability exercise especially without any real inside information on the program.

Typically I look at 3rd years or 4th years that really haven't contributed, or have had a change in position or reduction in usage and generally when I have projected that I've been about 80-90% accurate on those.

I could see one of the QB's going somewhere OR changing positions if we land another one with this class. That becomes an extremely young, beyond stacked depth chart. Froumy hasn't really contributed at all and has been injured for a while so wouldn't surprise me to see him move on from here or Football all together, we've seen it a number of times in the past with chronically injured lineman. The rest of this list are either very young or recovering from injuries.

I expect to see some attrition to the WR depth chart in the offseason. It's just not up to par right now and we have a couple of upperclassmen that are highly inconsistent week to week.

The roster in general numbers wise is pretty lean with all the portal entries we've suffered this year so far so there aren't exactly a ton of players remaining that seem logical at this point.

Unfortunate but I guess he's the 2020 recruiting class's winner of the Max Beaulieu "heavily recruited Florida player that never contributed or didn't contribute much and left the program" award.

2010 - Max Beaulieu
2011 - No Winner
2012 - James Washington
2013 - No Winner, PJ (Aaron) Batten and Tyler Provo Honorable Mention
2014 - Alin Edouard, Adly Enoicy
2015 - No Winner
2016 - Jaquwan Nelson, James Pierre
2017 - Nadarius Fagan
2018 - Cameron Jonas
2019 - Jason Munoz
2020 - Latarie Kinsler
2021 - No Winner (Only Gadsden in that class so hoping it stays that way)

Feels like Edouard could be eligible for 2 years on this list. Did he not play > 4 times the first time he wasn’t the face of the program?

We all speculate but some speculation is out of no where. Most comes from watching games, scrimmages or short practice clips. I just don't know how someone can determine transfer prospects from 1or 2 year players that are playing behind 2/ 3 years starters. How do you form an opinion about a player we havent seen play yet?
carnac3.jpg

Florida International is fast becoming Syracuse South. Or maybe the University of Syracuse?

Regardless I wish the former Syracuse trio luck at their new home. Kind of crazy Cole ditching a potential starting role for FIU, though.

Had high hopes for this kid. Won a big recruiting battle for him. Thought he could be a big piece in the defense. Best of luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom