Do you think Boeheim has a set retirement date that he will stick to? | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

Do you think Boeheim has a set retirement date that he will stick to?

Do you think Boeheim has a set retirement date that he will stick to?

• Yes

Votes: 20 8.8%
  • No

Votes: 208 91.2%

• Total voters
I just hope Red and Gerry can keep the kids focused on the task at hand. FSU.

Yeah fwiw I don’t ultimately care about Weitsmans dealings or partnerships or whatever...I do care when Jim starts throwing bombs at other schools at which time you better believe they will start lobbing the “uncomfortable truths” back at us.
Adding in Pitt, Wake was incredibly dumb and straight up unnecessary. No reason to really bring up any other school but if you are going to (again... no need) how about touching on actual programs that were doing shady stuff, and documented? Like... Miller and Ayton.

I'm not. I'm sad to see our coach be a national laughingstock, and possibly tarnish his legacy / trigger his own demise.

You’re one of the few sad about it. Others seem to be relishing it.

You’re one of the few sad about it. Others seem to be relishing it.

Not sure that I agree -- I just think that many have hit saturation point with JB's behavior. This isn't an isolated incident that people are knee-jerk reacting to, and the program's decline over a duration of nearly a decade also needs to be factored in.

I am genuinely concerned that he may be dismissed at the end of the season, and end his career in shame.

I'll ask again. Does anyone know when his contract expires?

Not sure that I agree -- I just think that many have hit saturation point with JB's behavior. This isn't an isolated incident that people are knee-jerk reacting to, and the program's decline over a duration of nearly a decade also needs to be factored in.

I am genuinely concerned that he may be dismissed at the end of the season, and end his career in shame.

You’re a decent person and that’s why you have concern. It’s the right emotion.

There’s a vocal minority who have made themselves known in this thread who are hoping this is the impetus that gets him canned.

Prior to this incident, I felt as though JB would coach next year [for sure], and look to possibly keep going longer.

Now that he's embarrassed himself and the University in this fashion, I wonder if he'll get pushed out much sooner by the powers that be.

I believe that the AD has been waiting patiently for the Jim Boeheim "problem" to go away, because trying to get him to step aside before he was ready would be a lose-lose scenario. Now? I'm guessing that the AD will be more inclined to stand his ground.
The BOT should be getting tired of off the cuff statements, that embarass the University. They are the only ones who can force a change, otherwise JB stays as long as he likes

The BOT should be getting tired of off the cuff statements, that embarass the University. They are the only ones who can force a change, otherwise JB stays as long as he likes

If that's how it goes down, then I have to believe that the university will not want JB's presence looming over the program.

Which in turn would mean that the replacement coach would likely come from outside the program, instead of having one of the AC's [with their inextricable connections to JB as both players / coaches] get the job.

You’re a decent person and that’s why you have concern. It’s the right emotion.

There’s a vocal minority who have made themselves known in this thread who are hoping this is the impetus that gets him canned.

That's quite an accusation. No one is happy about this. If they are that's a shame . Most are simply stating that for his own good this may result in the family and school being pressed into action which may be in everyone's best interest especially his own.

Will pass on spending more money on the basketball program. It’s been off the rails for a while and can’t support how its being handled
I emailed that to JW last February. No problem with Football, made it to every home game but Wagner last year.

Most people here want JB let go as soon as possible to protect the JB from himself as well as protecting the University and program he built. He is now becoming a laughing stock nationally as he is turning into the old man yelling from the porch or whatever. Nobody and I mean nobody wants to see JB go out like that because he has brought us all so much joy over the years. 95% (probably 100% but couldn't help but use JBs 95%) of the fan base wants JB let go for his own good.

Your take might not be hot but it’s definitely warm.

Objectively, removing the tourney runs, Indiana has not been better than us the last 9 seasons.

We have played ONE game ranked past December 5th the last 9 seasons. That was a tied for 25th ranking on 12/15. Indiana has played 46 and counting. That is 46-1. Also during that span we made 4 NCAAs and 1 NIT. Indiana is on their way to their 4th NCAAT and also have 2 NITs. In conference Indiana is 80-83. SU is 81-78 Ws. Chances are Indiana catches us there. They have also won a B1G reg season (our high is 6th in the ACC). They also made a B1GT Semi, which we have never done in the ACC.

No way in hell I trade or last 9 for their last 9, given the NCAAT. But I certainly would trade November to Feburary.

Edit

NCAAT seeds:
Indiana 5, 10, 12 plus whatever they get this year
SU 8, 10, 11, 11

It is insane that we have a FF and 2 S16s from that.

Last edited:
Most people here want JB let go as soon as possible to protect the JB from himself as well as protecting the University and program he built. He is now becoming a laughing stock nationally as he is turning into the old man yelling from the porch or whatever. Nobody and I mean nobody wants to see JB go out like that because he has brought us all so much joy over the years. 95% (probably 100% but couldn't help but use JBs 95%) of the fan base wants JB let go for his own good.
I think every fan wanted JB to go out on a high note, but it keeps getting worse, with no end in sight.

If you have an employee who is no longer performing to the expectations, AND is well past retirement, AND has been increasingly sticking his foot in his mouth ... I mean, you don't damage the company to keep that employee happy.

Hopefully, he doesn't say something else before the Duke game and the national exposure that most definitely comes from that game.

It would be cool if a movie comes out about this a decade from now and we learn that JB was running things likes a mafia boss. Getting dirt on admins, breaking kneecaps, all the good stuff.

The Zonefather Part I
I'd watch.

Brissett was the better player as a FR for sure but pretty identical as a SO to 2nd year QG.

Quincy grabbed 8.4 rebounds on that team and would have probably gotten 10 per game if he stuck around. Syracuse was the absolute perfect spot for him and by far would have done the best job of sending him to the NBA we were his only shot and realistic path. But again Jimmy Jr at the practice center every day is going to make guys uneasy no wonder they all left even Marek bailed to play in a league that probably pays $10k/year USD if that.

Even Kentucky tends to settle for players lesser than Kadary via the portal he absolutely had better options (I think Kentucky actually was one of them.) He hasn't left Seton Hall yet so he clearly had his reasons to go there even if it clearly wasn't a great basketball call.
Wildhack is 64 years old, has accomplished so much. This is no way to have to spend the final years of your career.

Rip off the band aid and get some peace back into your life.
At this point he almost has to be hoping for some type of colossal meltdown. Which would leave him with no other option and 100% public sentiment behind him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom