Do you think Boeheim has a set retirement date that he will stick to? | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Do you think Boeheim has a set retirement date that he will stick to?

Do you think Boeheim has a set retirement date that he will stick to?

• Yes

Votes: 20 8.8%
  • No

Votes: 208 91.2%

• Total voters
The thing that doesn't add up is how his close personal friend can be openly underwriting
the whole NIL strategy for the SU program when JB is adamantly against the concept. The two positions are diametrically opposed. JB's old school counterparts were disgusted
enough to retire. What keeps Jim involved with a sport that actively engages in a concept he can't accept.

That is what's odd to me.

Again, and this is just a guess with no inside info, I don't know how "close personal friend" AW is to JB when push comes to shove.

Nor do I care, tbh.

What is true is that AW is actively participating in the NIL, is publicly promoting it and, whatever the rules say, it's inherently tied to the program and SU, overall. Anyone with a brain knows that NIL and the programs are tethered.

And what's really odd to me is that we are a program that has two probations under our belt and a number of likely other dicey things dating back a long way ago (and I want to be clear here, I don't think we're some rogue actor, just being part of the way the system worked).

Again, and this is just a guess with no inside info, I don't know how "close personal friend" AW is to JB when push comes to shove.

Nor do I care, tbh.

What is true is that AW is actively participating in the NIL, is publicly promoting it and, whatever the rules say, it's inherently tied to the program and SU, overall. Anyone with a brain knows that NIL and the programs are tethered.

And what's really odd to me is that we are a program that has two probations under our belt and a number of likely other dicey things dating back a long way ago (and I want to be clear here, I don't think we're some rogue actor, just being part of the way the system worked).
Yeah fwiw I don’t ultimately care about Weitsmans dealings or partnerships or whatever...I do care when Jim starts throwing bombs at other schools at which time you better believe they will start lobbing the “uncomfortable truths” back at us.

Nor do I care, tbh.

Yep. This is one of my concerns given our history and not having the kind of cover certain blue bloods do. The NCAA has proven to be very unbalanced with how they handle their role ( understatement of the decade I know) Painting a target on the program by accusing others shouldn't matter and yet self reporting should look better than hiding and denying things and it hurt us in the past.

JB leaves after making these statements and then the NCAA comes in and tries to make an example of us and AW somehow while letting the usual suspects enjoy a free pass.

In another year or two or 5 or 10, people will pine for where we are today with the coach we have and the standing we have in the league. Watch. I've seen this movie many times before.

I appreciate what we've got here, warts and all. He's not wrong.
Where we are today? You’re certifiable.

No need for the snide comment. I doubt he even read the statement that was released today, it's a CYA legalese apology. I more mean "he's not wrong" speaking openly and frankly about uncomfortable truths.
I appreciate you trying to keep things positive and really like that about you as a poster. But as far as speaking uncomfortable truths, it seems like maybe you are having trouble admitting that all good things come to an end and it really is possible for someone else to do better than the current state?

Funny how none of the local media never breaks this stuff, always comes from outside the city.
I think after the Post Standard did some reporting on stuff back in the early 90s, they have backed off in investigative reporting. Syracuse is a small market with not much media. Those that do have access don't want to risk losing their access to the program.

The radio station focuses on micro issues, specific players and games and not the big Macro issues plaguing the program or asking questions about the future. Don't want to tick off you know who.

Axe is finally being critical, but I think he's careful since he is an adjunct professor at Newhouse. Conflict of Interest?

In another year or two or 5 or 10, people will pine for where we are today with the coach we have and the standing we have in the league. Watch. I've seen this movie many times before.

Not a chance. If we are worse than where we currently are in 10 years time, there won't be any fans left to pine for the last 8 seasons. There really is zero reason for SU to be as bad as we have these last 8 years, besides JB's ego.

No need for the snide comment. I doubt he even read the statement that was released today, it's a CYA legalese apology. I more mean "he's not wrong" speaking openly and frankly about uncomfortable truths.

Do you consider being a huge hypocrite being wrong?

Legitimate question.

He's not only being hypocritical, he's built his empire partially off of what he's being hypocritical about.

The man is a world-class college coach. Deserves to be in HoF. Deserves to have his wins back. Heck, build him a statue. He already has the floor named after him.

But this man has two probations and I highly doubt those were the only two times things were iffy.

I want to be clear, I don't care about the probations. That was what life is/was like.

I do care about him putting the university in a bad spot. Trashing his players while never taking responsibility for the bad times. I don't love his comments about Dave Bliss and his assistants, for example. I think he's let some stuff slide behind the scenes that he shouldn't have. But no one is perfect, I guess?

Lets hold onto Jim into his 80s because we dont know but we might be worse than 9th in the league again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom