Do you think Boeheim has a set retirement date that he will stick to? | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Do you think Boeheim has a set retirement date that he will stick to?

Do you think Boeheim has a set retirement date that he will stick to?

• Yes

Votes: 20 8.8%
  • No

Votes: 208 91.2%

• Total voters
A colleague of mine went to a conference this past week and Coach K was the guest speaker. He mentioned that NIL has ruined college basketball and if they had it 10-15 years ago, he’d have bolted for the NBA in a second.
I don’t feel bad for these old farts. They had their own advantages for 40 years. It sounds like sour grapes because the playing field has been leveled.

A colleague of mine went to a conference this past week and Coach K was the guest speaker. He mentioned that NIL has ruined college basketball and if they had it 10-15 years ago, he’d have bolted for the NBA in a second.
Jimmy is adapting. He’s the only dinosaur to not back down from the new world order. What more do you want?!!

I predict no one will care about this by the end of the week.

For the comments on Adam, he’s clearly distancing himself to play both sides. I’m pretty sure Adam has said he and JB talk daily so I’m sure this has been said before in private and I highly doubt AW cares. (Why would he? He’s doing it for the community not JB)

As far as the comments about JW being embarrassed, perhaps he doesn't like or respect wildhack. No one here seems too so why would we think JB would.

you mean the sport where a guy decides in the middle of the season he is not getting paid enough

I predict no one will care about this by end of the week.

For the comments on Adam, he’s clearly distancing himself to play both sides. I’m pretty sure Adam has said he and JB talk daily so I’m sure this has been said before in private and I highly doubt AW cares. (Why would he? He’s doing it for the community not JB)

As far as the comments about JW being embarrassed, perhaps he doesn't like or respect wildhack. No one here seems too so why would we think JB would.
Doesn’t matter if the fast news cycle pushes this particular episode out….perception of the program and Coach are carved in stone at this point.

Crickets from the JB can do no wrong this thread.

That aside, these comments are just bad. They don't serve a purpose that benefits the program, players (past, present and future) and then most certainly don't benefit Jim. They also place a direct statement regarding retirement and the next coach in an abrasive manner vs the soft comments from JW.

This is just a bad look all around.
There are a few highly prominent ones on this board who have yet to chime in. Silence is deafening.

Maybe if we all put on our thinking caps we could come up with something better for him to do.

Any local leagues for:
shuffleboard
Racquetball
Bowling

He can take a daily trip to Turning Stone’s golf bubble.

Doesn’t matter if the fast news cycle pushes this particular episode out….perception of the program and Coach are carved in stone at this point.
Who cares? Perception turns on a dime. All that matters is winning. If JB retires and Syracuse starts winning no one will give a crap what he said. Everyone acts like personalities stain programs, name one single program that has been irreparably harmed by a toxic personality in the 20 years, it just doesn’t exist. JB is a dick, he’s always been a dick, this is nothing new. When he leaves and a new coach is hired, JB will only be remembered for the good times, as happens with almost every coach (expect Durkin and Bryles)

That article is quite frankly embarrassing for the
I read all these posts before I actually read the article. People are going way overboard with what JB said. I’m sure it’s his decision if and when he retires. He’s not saying no one can get rid of me. People acting like no one can tell me what to do is not accurate. Personally, and this is only my opinion, this is JB being the same person he’s been for 47 years. Like him or hate him, this is classic JB.
I read the article (twice) and come away thinking it’s more likely, not less, that he walks away after this year. I don’t think he’s made up his mind, but there where several tidbits (will the core come back, I don’t want to rebuild with a heavy reliance on portal players) that suggest that. Clearly he does not want to be seen as having been pushed out.
I also think saying I’ll probably return may be part of a power play to get Adrian or Gerry as his successor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom