Dome Renovation | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

Dome Renovation

The $500 million award, should CNY get awarded, has nothing to do with the Dome. The only thing I'm aware of is a central Veterans building on SU's campus but I forgot the purpose. The projects are listed under the CenterState CEO website (former Chamber of Commerce). The award would be huge for CNY.

However, Cuomo has a slush fund so Dome funding from the state could come out of next year's budget/slush fund. However, more likely for the new Veterans medical school would make more sense. SU may be on its own regarding the Dome.

Finally, the BOT meeting I believe was postponed until January.

The $500 million award, should CNY get awarded, has nothing to do with the Dome. The only thing I'm aware of is a central Veterans building on SU's campus but I forgot the purpose. The projects are listed under the CenterState CEO website (former Chamber of Commerce). The award would be huge for CNY.

However, Cuomo has a slush fund so Dome funding from the state could come out of next year's budget/slush fund. However, more likely for the new Veterans medical school would make more sense. SU may be on its own regarding the Dome.

Over a few years every area will be getting giant checks which really means that no one will be getting giant checks. the only way this stuff works is if some area loses and pays for the winners.

Thanks Chakka. I thought I was going nuts, but I remember specifically that the dome had nothing to do with the CNY pitch. Be interesting to see about the Vet Center though. At the meeting I attended in DC about university expansion, it was stated emphatically the VA center was a go, and would move ahead ASAP

Surely Dino will continue the pool parties. Some of the most unintentionally hilarious threads on here involved people excitedly analyzing all those photographs.
Maybe he will...I read that he invites players that didn't go home, over for Thanksgiving Dinner.

Hochul so far fawning over Cuomo's and his accomplishments. I like the thought of getting the money for development but the way he's doing it is off putting to me anyway. the Hunger Games is right

Hochul so far fawning over Cuomo's and his accomplishments. I like the thought of getting the money for development but the way he's doing it is off putting to me anyway. the Hunger Games is right
Guys like Cuomo have gigantic egos and you gotta kiss the ring publicly to get what you want.

Cuomo has bigger aspirations and is trying to lock up foot soldiers.

Guys like Cuomo have gigantic egos and you gotta kiss the ring publicly to get what you want.

He won't ever be president.

And the emcee from NYC just joked about crossing the border to get to Upstate and got her passport stamped. What a way to open the show, dumb ass

And the emcee from NYC just joked about crossing the border to get to Upstate and got her passport stamped. What a way to open the show, dumb ass
She came across condescending...LOL but it is typical

This is no Military Briefing...yowza...please get to the point.

Last edited:
He won't ever be president.
You are probably right but with how insanely hard right a Republican primary has become any Democratic with Presidential aspirations has to think if I can win my party's nomination I stand a good chance to become POTUS.

He definitely has his eyes on the white house at some point, probably starting as the VP. He needs to get Upstate in some semblance of order before he even has a slim shot moving up the political ladder.

When I would host meetings where it was folks coming up to Albany from NYC, I'd frequently start the meeting by welcoming them to the North Pole. They would always laugh in a way where you knew they had been saying stuff like that on their way up.

The EGG is dumb im sorry. Its a piece of art that is a small venue for events.

Gov Cuomo: I wasn't going to award CNY money but it has come to my attention there is a drone hovering over my vehicle...so Southern Tier it sucks to be you...CNY you got the money. ;)

When I would host meetings where it was folks coming up to Albany from NYC, I'd frequently start the meeting by welcoming them to the North Pole. They would always laugh in a way where you knew they had been saying stuff like that on their way up.
yes, I totally get that. A lot of the NYC folks have a pretty high self importance

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom