Dome Renovation | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

Dome Renovation

I think we're going to hear the news soon.

Big piece of the puzzle will fall into place tomorrow and I understand SU will move to make an announcement not long after that.
Governor set to announce where the 1.5 Billion is going according to the news.

Might that be it...I wonder.

Governor set to announce where the 1.5 Billion is going according to the news.

Might that be it...I wonder.

The state is usually pretty secretive (until the announcement) when it comes to announcing where that money is getting awarded, but I guess I could see there being a leak to SU that they are included.

The state is usually pretty secretive (until the announcement) when it comes to announcing where that money is getting awarded, but I guess I could see there being a leak to SU that they are included.

Comes as a surprise to me, because it's apparent that the Drumlins inland port proposal is flawed and, if pursued, destined for litigation with relatively wealthy DeWitt neighbors.

But, yeah, that's what I've heard.

"On Thursday, Cuomo will also announce the winners of the regional economic development awards that each of the state’s 10 regions compete for on an annual basis ..." - Albany Times Union

Since when is Rock Cut Road considered "wealthy"?

I'm sure those folks have voices, too.

But I'm referring to Applecross Woods, Drumlins, Pointe East. Those are the people who are making a lot of noise about this, along with some Outer Comstock neighbors on the city side.

On a related but totally out-in-left-field note, hopefully the new staff goes the way of Marrone, Pasqualoni, and Mac and settles in neighborhoods similar to those mentioned, not far from campus. Always seemed funny that people talked about how much Shafer was a part of the community when he and his brain trust lived way out at the fringe of the population.

But I'm referring to Applecross Woods, Drumlins, Pointe East. Those are the people who are making a lot of noise about this, along with some Outer Comstock neighbors on the city side.

On a related but totally out-in-left-field note, hopefully the new staff goes the way of Marrone, Pasqualoni, and Mac and settles in neighborhoods similar to those mentioned, not far from campus. Always seemed funny that people talked about how much Shafer was a part of the community when he and his brain trust lived way out at the fringe of the population.
Manlius? A mere 10 minutes away via Woodchuck Hill Rd.

Hey Otto, heard a piece of news from CuseLegacy today that interested me. It's not mine to share, but it did imply timing could be pushed back. Have you heard differently?[/QUOTE]

Hey Otto, heard a piece of news from CuseLegacy today that interested me. It's not mine to share, but it did imply timing could be pushed back. Have you heard differently?
[/QUOTE]

Haven't heard that, but it wouldn't surprise me. The renovation won't begin next fall and there's no rush to announce.

Comes as a surprise to me, because it's apparent that the Drumlins inland port proposal is flawed and, if pursued, destined for litigation with relatively wealthy DeWitt neighbors.

I certainly hope that decisions on where to spend $500M are not determined by NIMBY. But regardless, you're hearing that CNY is one of the winners?

Maybe SU does not feel any rush to an announcement, but I disagree - we need to keep the good news train rolling. Why can't they break ground next summer/fall? Financing?

Manlius? A mere 10 minutes away via Woodchuck Hill Rd.

Well...no, not ten minutes away. Not worth arguing over, but it always struck me as strange that people with no other constraints would choose to live to far from their office and the community in general.

But Shafer had a pool.

I certainly hope that decisions on where to spend $500M are not determined by NIMBY. But regardless, you're hearing that CNY is one of the winners?

That's what I heard, but I'm taking it with a grain of salt because our proposal isn't the greatest. (Haven't seen any other proposals, though, so maybe it stacks up well with the competition?)

That's what I heard, but I'm taking it with a grain of salt because our proposal isn't the greatest. (Haven't seen any other proposals, though, so maybe it stacks up well with the competition?)
I think the proposal was crafted to appeal to broad interests. The biggest push is for the drone research which I think is the most tangible investment the state could make in this region. We have established resources here that can really take advantage. So while it may not be the best proposal ever written, I would hope it stacks up as one of the top 3. I heard one of the other proposals was to bring the Olympics back to Lake Placid -- pie-in-the-sky stuff.

Well...no, not ten minutes away. Not worth arguing over, but it always struck me as strange that people with no other constraints would choose to live to far from their office and the community in general.
Probably more school related, though JD schools are great as well. The other 'burbs are more difficult to get in and out of SU from.

Yeah, don't know if the coaches like going down the hill to Tops to pick up a few groceries and being chastised or praised by students and others that frequent the market. If I were a coach I would live out that way as well. FM a pretty good school as well for those with kids. I am not blaming them one bit for where they choose to live, if I were a coach I would live at least 15-20 minutes from the campus, just me. Shite, I would be out in Pompey somewhere on 20 acres

Here's what could happen. The cash earmarked for the inland port gets tied up by NIMBY, so then Cuomo decides to redirect that $ for the SU renovations since Jamesville/Dewitt can't cooperate with each other.

I think the proposal was crafted to appeal to broad interests. The biggest push is for the drone research which I think is the most tangible investment the state could make in this region. We have established resources here that can really take advantage. So while it may not be the best proposal ever written, I would hope it stacks up as one of the top 3. I heard one of the other proposals was to bring the Olympics back to Lake Placid -- pie-in-the-sky stuff.
It was pretty clearly intimated a couple of weeks ago that the Capital Region would not be a winner and Buffalo already got theirs. Odds good.

I think we're going to hear the news soon.

Big piece of the puzzle will fall into place tomorrow and I understand SU will move to make an announcement not long after that.
Linkage

It was pretty clearly intimated a couple of weeks ago that the Capital Region would not be a winner and Buffalo already got theirs. Odds good.
Intimated by whom? I would be shocked that the capital district would not be one of the winners.

Here's what could happen. The cash earmarked for the inland port gets tied up by NIMBY, so then Cuomo decides to redirect that $ for the SU renovations since Jamesville/Dewitt can't cooperate with each other.
What's the deal with the New Process Gear Plant project? Isn't that a similar thing, being funded with private money?

Intimated by whom? I would be shocked that the capital district would not be one of the winners.
Can't remember but it was someone in the Administration in Albany. Part of the comment referenced the low unemployment rate in the area. Was kind of surprised I saw the comment in print.

Yeah, don't know if the coaches like going down the hill to Tops to pick up a few groceries and being chastised or praised by students and others that frequent the market. If I were a coach I would live out that way as well. FM a pretty good school as well for those with kids. I am not blaming them one bit for where they choose to live, if I were a coach I would live at least 15-20 minutes from the campus, just me. Shite, I would be out in Pompey somewhere on 20 acres

Not a bad point. Good to leave work at work, especially in that profession.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom