Dome Renovation | Page 40 | Syracusefan.com

Dome Renovation

I have heard that meetings with firms that could be involved with design/renovation have been pushed back until January.

I have heard that meetings with firms that could be involved with design/renovation have been pushed back until January.
Do you think the possibility of a new stadium is still being floated out there?

Do you think the possibility of a new stadium is still being floated out there?
I haven't heard anything on a new stadium. Only new roof or renovation as the two options. :noidea:

I know they're talking about NFL stadiums here, but this video lends credence to the inner harbor argument. Whatever we do, I'd like it to be "cool and unique" like the Dome was when erected. A shiny new Dome to go along with the fastest game we've ever seen on turf. "That's going to be our reality. That's going to be Syracuse Football."
I feel like we do this already with The Carrier Dome, almost better than any other U.S. arena, We play bball, fball, lacrosse, concerts, band competitions, graduations...etc. If they start getting more concerts in the Dome it will be hard to argue it being not used enough.

I feel like we do this already with The Carrier Dome, almost better than any other U.S. arena, We play bball, fball, lacrosse, concerts, band competitions, graduations...etc. If they start getting more concerts in the Dome it will be hard to argue it being not used enough.

I wonder if having a hard top on the dome will make the acoustics better. Has to, right?

I wonder if having a hard top on the dome will make the acoustics better. Has to, right?
Absolutely. Honestly ive been to a bunch of concerts at The Dome, and endless concerts in amphitheatres and other arenas..and i think people complain about the acoustics too much in The Dome. Its not nearly as atrocious as people make it out to be. It's not amazing don't get me wrong, but it's still a fun show.

I think the issue with acoustics is almost more the height of the roof than the soft top as well...but im sure it doesn't help to have it soft. I personally am hoping for a look like The Vikings stadium is getting.

Absolutely. Honestly ive been to a bunch of concerts at The Dome, and endless concerts in amphitheatres and other arenas..and i think people complain about the acoustics too much in The Dome. Its not nearly as atrocious as people make it out to be. It's not amazing don't get me wrong, but it's still a fun show.

I've only been to one concert there - Zac Brown Band. Thought the acoustics were alright, but he also has a pretty powerful voice that can overcome poor acoustics.

I have been to several concerts there and the acoustics are ok - not great. I believe the problem has always been all of the exposed concrete when combined with a roof.

have they ever done a design study on acoustics in the dome? seems like some pretty low tech solutions could be done to improve that if its really an issue

it depends on the performer and their equipment I think. I went to Billy Joel last year and the opener Gavin DeGaw, couldn't understand a word he was singing. The sound was completely garbled. And I had good seats in the front of a lower section, about 1/3 the way back from the stage. Billy Joel did not have the same problem thankfully.

it depends on the performer and their equipment I think. I went to Billy Joel last year and the opener Gavin DeGaw, couldn't understand a word he was singing. The sound was completely garbled. And I had good seats in the front of a lower section, about 1/3 the way back from the stage. Billy Joel did not have the same problem thankfully.
True..but the same could be said for the War Memorial, MSG, or just about any amphitheatre. For example, there was about 7 acts at the last Farm Aid that i couldn't hear at all..and i had premium seats.

I thought Pink Floyd did a good job with the sound. That is the only concert I saw there. Where one is sitting makes a big difference too.

True..but the same could be said for the War Memorial, MSG, or just about any amphitheatre. For example, there was about 7 acts at the last Farm Aid that i couldn't hear at all..and i had premium seats.

Where you are in a venue makes a big difference too. I saw U2 at MSG this summer and thought they sounded great. A friend of mine was there too but in a different section and said it sounded lousy. Most any stadium or arena has mediocre-at-best acoustics. There's a reason why there are purposefully built concert halls.

Where you are in a venue makes a big difference too. I saw U2 at MSG this summer and thought they sounded great. A friend of mine was there too but in a different section and said it sounded lousy. Most any stadium or arena has mediocre-at-best acoustics. There's a reason why there are purposefully built concert halls.
Very true. I have seen Dead & Co. 3 times this year and sat in the pit 5 rows from stage and was almost blown off the floor during DRUMS, yet in the 100 level it was almost quiet. Good point.

U2 did speakers in the round at that one.

Had a similar experience in 1987. After "hearing" Los Lobos and Little Steven play I was fully expecting to be disappointed when U2 came out, but the sound was amazing.

If I win the Superball lotto, I'll pay for a new stadium. ;)

Serious question, if a poster here won the powerball, how fast could said poster get a private lunch with ADMC? Lets assume said poster was a general nobody, who barely donated previously, but is an alum, and does love SUA. Would they be able to call the AD and simply ask for the lunch?

Serious question, if a poster here won the powerball, how fast could said poster get a private lunch with ADMC? Lets assume said poster was a general nobody, who barely donated previously, but is an alum, and does love SUA. Would they be able to call the AD and simply ask for the lunch?
Have I ever mentioned that you are my favorite poster?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom