Doug Marrone | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Doug Marrone

Moving around is the life of a coach , same as for Dino . Maybe it doesn't matter to a lot of people here that he played on the o-line for MAC and he played in and helped win the game against Nebraska , but to me , that makes him royalty .

That doesn't get you a million dollar paycheck just respect. And respect can be destroyed quickly when you squander it.

That doesn't get you a million dollar paycheck just respect. And respect can be destroyed quickly when you squander it.
I have more respect for him telling stuffed shirt idiots what time of day it is .

Dino has been handed a team with the best young QB in the country . A team that was close to winning last year in many games and a team that is stocked with lots of high character young men , not a bunch of shlitheads . Babers is also the beneficiary of Marrone laying down the hard line to the BOT several years back .
i agree with last line

The owners of the Saints and many more high level people only have good things to say about him .

Of course his bosses liked him. No one sane craps on their boss.

But when you hear bad things from people under him, major red flag.

Of course his bosses liked him. No one sane craps on their boss.

But when you hear bad things from people under him, major red flag.
th

So fast forward to today where we have very competitive football facilities along with a Dome renovation soon to be announced. We have a new FB coach that loves the college scene (Doug disliked/hated recruiting) and is a proven winner and media darling. Let's let the Doug Marrone era end and let's enjoy the new era under DFB! Go Orange!

Great post, I appreciate your inside info.

I have to ask since you've used it twice in this thread...

DFB = Dino Fn Babers? Dino FootBall?

I'll hang up & listen, thanks.

Edit - found the answer in another freaking thread.

Last edited:
Not one former player of his that played for Doug the HC defended him when he was getting destroyed after leaving the Bills, whether that be former Cuse or Bills players. That says a lot. He did a very good job turning around the Gerg dumpster fire and deserves a lot of credit for that. Now we move on with DFB, Wildhack and Kent, which makes me feel really good.

Putting Hackett at OC may confirm what I mentioned on page 1 of this thread.

And all I can say is what I've said before... I really hope every year Marrone sends Nassib a nice fruit basket. Because if Ryan doesn't lead that comeback against USF in 2012, well...

Surprised about Hackett. Bortles has really regressed this year.

Putting Hackett at OC may confirm what I mentioned on page 1 of this thread.

And all I can say is what I've said before... I really hope every year Marrone sends Nassib a nice fruit basket. Because if Ryan doesn't lead that comeback against USF in 2012, well...
So... does this make Hackett Marrone 's boss?

That is what kind of guy gets things done in those situations .
Like Bobby Knight's brand of affection towards his players?

Not that I'm saying Marrone was THAT bad.

Like Bobby Knight's brand of affection towards his players?

Not that I'm saying Marrone was THAT bad.
For the most part, BK's players liked him and, more importantly, they respected him.

Obviously because he won consistently and was at the top of his profession, BK was given more slack than most. FHCDM has yet to prove he can either win consistently or be considered at the top of his profession. Bad comparison.

Doug played on the o-line and you usually aren't a good o-linemen unless your a mean SOB. Plus he grew up in the Bronx . Yeah , he should be handing out flowers to people in his spare time .:p
Really? Brooklyn native who worked in the Bronx for 25 years and yes the South Bronx, with dozens and dozens of Bronx natives, who were indeed tough as nails but NOT GENERALLY SOBs either.

And if you don't think law enforcement personnel can be hard azzes, well...

They DID hand out paper poppies for Memorial Day IIRC. I guess there goes their street cred.

I think what Paulus was able to do in his one season here just months after finishing a four-year basketball career is as underappreciated as anything in the program's history.
Seriously. As whiny a baby as he could be on the B-ball court, he stepped up on the FB field.

It'll be fascinating to see if Tebow does pretty much the same as a NY Met. (I used to dislike his praise Jesus schtick, but now I'm inclined to think he was sincere, and not just cause he's on my team's roster.)

For the most part, BK's players liked him and, more importantly, they respected him.

Obviously because he won consistently and was at the top of his profession, BK was given more slack than most. FHCDM has yet to prove he can either win consistently or be considered at the top of his profession. Bad comparison.
Maybe. But as I noted on B-ball board, his players who still love him despite the physical abuse may have Stockholm syndrome.

I don't know. As a female who didn't play team sports like you all may have, I don't have that perspective.

Seriously. As whiny a baby as he could be on the B-ball court, he stepped up on the FB field.

It'll be fascinating to see if Tebow does pretty much the same as a NY Met. (I used to dislike his praise Jesus schtick, but now I'm inclined to think he was sincere, and not just cause he's on my team's roster.)
Really? Brooklyn native who worked in the Bronx for 25 years and yes the South Bronx, with dozens and dozens of Bronx natives, who were indeed tough as nails but NOT GENERALLY SOBs either.

And if you don't think law enforcement personnel can be hard azzes, well...

They DID hand out paper poppies for Memorial Day IIRC. I guess there goes their street cred.
I don't think he is an SOB . That is the CYA smear campaign spun out by people at SU and Bills front office .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom