Duce Chestnut transferring back to the 'Cuse | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Duce Chestnut transferring back to the 'Cuse

If you were on a team in 2020, the Covid year never happened.

If you were a frosh in 2020, and you redshirted in 2021, you can stay in school through 2025. I think Pena and Sparrow are the last two. All the other Covid kids will be gone after 2024.
I swear i watched several games this year where kids, well men at this point, were in there 7th and i think one of two times their 8th year. Even with COIVD and a medical Rs, how does the math work there?

Last edited:
I swear i watched several games this year where kids, well men at this point, were in there 7th and i think one of two times their 8th year. Even with COIVD and a medical Rs, how does the math work there?

Injuries and waivers.

Look at Joe More for example:

Freshman Year (2018 at Richmond): Played in four games … Redshirted after the season.

Redshirt Freshman Year (2019 at Richmond): Played in 10 games

Redshirt Sophomore Year (Spring 2021 at Richmond): Due to Covid, Richmond played a shortened Spring season, but it doesn't count.

2nd Redshirt Sophomore Year (2021 at Richmond): Played all 11 games.

Redshirt Junior Year (2022 at Richmond): Played all 12 games

Redshirt Senior Year (2023 at Syracuse): Appeared in only 3 games, due to injury

His waiver to play in 2024 was approved since he missed 2023 due to events beyond his control.

Injuries and waivers.

Freshman Year (2018 at Richmond): Played in four games … Redshirted after the season.

Redshirt Sophomore Year (Spring 2021 at Richmond): Due to Covid, Richmond played a shortened Spring season, but it doesn't count.

Redshirt Senior Year (2023 at Syracuse): Appeared in only 3 games, due to injury

His waiver to play in 2024 was approved since he missed 2023 due to events beyond his control.
Are we sure he got the waiver or did he only just apply and still waiting a response? If he got the waiver approved he must have had proof of injuries keeping him out his freshman year as that is the only way they give him a medical redshirt for 2023. At least historically that is how it has been.

Yeah I saw that last month and i'm not sure how to read that tweet. Seems it was made about his NIL. I would think he would have tweeted out separately when his waiver got approved. Would be odd that they happen at the same time. Seems like its possible his NIL got approved but its contingent on him getting his waiver approved. That could be the (maybe) he is referring to. (Maybe) this will be his final and 7th year. Still needs to be cleared?

Yeah I saw that last month and i'm not sure how to read that tweet. Seems it was made about his NIL. I would think he would have tweeted out separately when his waiver got approved. Would be odd that they happen at the same time. Seems like its possible his NIL got approved but its contingent on him getting his waiver approved. That could be the (maybe) he is referring to. (Maybe) this will be his final and 7th year. Still needs to be cleared?
He's saying this WILL be his 7th and (maybe) his final year. If he got hurt again, he could theoretically have another final season.

You’re missing one huge point, X’s and O’s aside. Syracuse has had a strength and conditioning issue since Marrone left. Part of that is a depth issue which to your point, Fran is trying to address. However Syracuse has failed each and every year to adequately condition its players in an effort to reduce risk of injury. This has to change and I know Fran has found the replacements but until we see it develop, this is a major wildcard.

I’m too lazy to look this up and confirm but to me it’s an amazing stat that in the past 10-12 years, I can only recall 2018 as the only year when the QB who took the first snap for this team was the same QB who took the last snap. This needs to change.
That has a lot to do with abysmal OL recruiting

Injuries and waivers.

Joe “one More year”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom