Duce Chestnut transferring back to the 'Cuse | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Duce Chestnut transferring back to the 'Cuse

The point is, people can stop posting endlessly, worrying if we'll have enough spots available. If Fran wants a player, he can create a spot and move somebody out.

As for you marrying a supermodel, good luck.
29B9FECC-3DFC-44CD-89EC-09AE145E4DF5.jpeg

I know it’s a huge unknown how well our coaches do X’s and O’s wise. And Fran is a big wildcard in terms of how aggressive his style is, game management, scheme, etc…

But can’t believe I’m saying this but with how the roster currently is. I think we are 1 CB, 1 LB, 2 OL and 2 DL away from being legit conference contenders in terms of talent on the roster.

We already know Humes, Barnes, Chappell are going to visit.
We know the staff is actively recruiting OL and DL in the portal so they are obviously aware and want to upgrade the trenches.

Another telling thing to me is almost all of our studs are coming back next season. OG, Wax, Barron…on top of that, a lot of our depth guys decided not to transfer. I definitely thought a few more guys would transfer if I’m being honest. Obviously losing guys like Thompson, Caleb, etc…hurt. But it’s very telling that we are not only getting stud high school recruits, stud transfers, our own studs to come back next year but our depth guys to come back next year too. It tells me the team is FULLY buying into what Fran and staff is telling them. This is really exciting and I think we have some very bright days ahead of us
You’re missing one huge point, X’s and O’s aside. Syracuse has had a strength and conditioning issue since Marrone left. Part of that is a depth issue which to your point, Fran is trying to address. However Syracuse has failed each and every year to adequately condition its players in an effort to reduce risk of injury. This has to change and I know Fran has found the replacements but until we see it develop, this is a major wildcard.

I’m too lazy to look this up and confirm but to me it’s an amazing stat that in the past 10-12 years, I can only recall 2018 as the only year when the QB who took the first snap for this team was the same QB who took the last snap. This needs to change.

Maybe you can marry as many of them as you want. It all depends on the rules...
You can try pounding the portal. Yup. Said that.

I'm not sure on the timing of things during his soph year, but considering transferring, telling/not telling people, trying too hard to impress suitors, realizing he could go to one of if not the top DB schools at the time and rake in on NIL would definitely weigh in on a 19 year old kid and factor into performance.

I am neutral on this move it has me wondering if ( Barnes ) and ( Chappell ) are still on the table or maybe there will be a nice flush out of another 5 or so current players we really need OL/DL help to fill out a solid roster.
I am neutral as well. I’m 100% for the move, only for depth reasons, but also not ignoring how nearly every LSU fan online noted how he was by far the weakest corner on the team to say the least. I know different standards, but we shall see.

You tell me how he improved his technique by not playing.
We're talking top shelf college football..what kind of "shape" would you be in
having not been on the field for over 3 months?
He has regressed since year one at Cuse. Improvement can happen but remains to be seen. I am still taking him given the need at CB.

I think it sends a good message. Was at Cuse, left for “greener” pastures at a big time football factory. Wasn’t so hot/didn’t see the field so I returned to a place I love.
FIFY- Let’s be honest. If he played a lot, he would likely still be at LSU

I am neutral as well. I’m 100% for the move, only for depth reasons, but also not ignoring how nearly every LSU fan online noted how he was by far the weakest corner on the team to say the least. I know different standards, but we shall see.

I’m not trying defend Duce in terms of saying he’s amazing. But LSU had significant issues in the secondary and Duce came out of camp, I believe, as #1 CB.

He wasn’t able to do what they asked of him, especially considering at the beginning of the season they were considered title contenders.

But I’m not really sure he was ever put in position to succeed. I think it was just going to not work from the jump.

For what we’ll need, I think he’ll be fine, at worst. And maybe he regains some of what made him do well as a freshman.

Worst case, imo, is our floor has been raised in the secondary.

I’m not trying defend Duce in terms of saying he’s amazing. But LSU had significant issues in the secondary and Duce came out of camp, I believe, as #1 CB.

He wasn’t able to do what they asked of him, especially considering at the beginning of the season they were considered title contenders.

But I’m not really sure he was ever put in position to succeed. I think it was just going to not work from the jump.

For what we’ll need, I think he’ll be fine, at worst. And maybe he regains some of what made him do well as a freshman.

Yeah your last sentence is accurate. It makes the team better regardless of my thoughts on how good he will be. Need some more guys in this position still I think however.

Yeah your last sentence is accurate. It makes the team better regardless of my thoughts on how good he will be. Need some more guys in this position still I think however.

Agreed re needing more guys there. With you there.

Don’t think Wildhack was involved when it happened either, it was outside of the athletic department.
hes an athlete of course JW is involved

I mean it could have just been a bad fit there too. Amba Etta Tawo was a bad fit at Maryland, Trishton Jackson at Mich St. It happens.

I mean it could have just been a bad fit there too. Amba Etta Tawo was a bad fit at Maryland, Trishton Jackson at Mich St. It happens.
The kid obviously didn't fit at LSU he is a player this is great for him and SU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom