Orangeyes Daily Articles for Tuesday - Duke Postgame Articles and Videos | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Tuesday Duke Postgame Articles and Videos

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Syracuse Lacrosse ‏@CuseMLAX
FINAL: #1 Cuse 19, #4 Duke 7. Donahue (5 g), Rice (4) and Schoonmaker (3) lead way. Wardwell 11 saves. #DukevsCuse

CAuPWmEWAAEhcbD.jpg

Orange Dominates Duke, 19-7 (Cuse.com)

Box Score: Syracuse 19, Duke 7

Game Notes: Following losses on Saturday by Marquette and North Carolina, Syracuse is the only remaining unbeaten team in Division I lacrosse … Barber made his first career start on attack in place of Randy Staats who missed the game with a lower-body injury … Sunday's attendance of 11,408 marked the ninth-largest crowd to witness a regular-season game at the Carrier Dome, and the most fans for a Syracuse men's lacrosse game since March 4, 2011 versus Virginia (14,340) … The 12-goal loss was the worst for the Blue Devils since they suffered a 13-goal setback (19-6) at Johns Hopkins in 2003. That game also marked the last time Duke gave up more than 18 goals in a game … Syracuse redshirt freshman Matt Lane scored his first career goal in the fourth quarter.

CAvB6XmUkAAUKfN.jpg

Syracuse University lacrosse suspends midfielder Hayes McGinley (PS: Kramer)

SU lacrosse player accused of punching man, woman 1 day before indefinite suspension (PS: O'Toole)

Syracuse midfielder Hayes McGinley suspended indefinitely following arrest (DO: Staff)

Syracuse redshirt freshman midfielder Hayes McGinley was suspended indefinitely from the team last Sunday for “a violation of team rules,” an SU Athletics spokesman said Sunday afternoon.

McGinley was arrested last Saturday night after he punched a woman, 20, and a man, 29, in the face, giving the woman a bloody lip, Syracuse Police Lt. Eric Carr said in an email. The arrest happened on the 100 block of Marshall Street at 11:03 p.m., according to a Syracuse police bulletin...

Last edited:
Return of attacker Randy Staats to Syracuse University lacrosse remains unclear (PS: Kramer)

"We watched the game. He got hurt in the first quarter,'' Desko said. "So he went 60 minutes (hurt). I can't tell you how long he's going to be out. I'm hoping just a week or two, but we'll see. I doubt (he'll play) next week. It's just an injury that takes time. Everybody responds to it differently.''

17329999-mmmain.jpg

this is the first time I have ever clicked on this site. I went to my first lacrosse game today and it was very interesting and fun. It looks to me as if Syracuse is an absolutely dominating, but what do I know? I just know it's nice to see SU dominate Duke!

this is the first time I have ever clicked on this site. I went to my first lacrosse game today and it was very interesting and fun. It looks to me as if Syracuse is an absolutely dominating, but what do I know? I just know it's nice to see SU dominate Duke!
Lacrosse is a great game. Hope you enjoyed it

In Case You Missed It: Conferences Already in State of Upheaval (LaxMag)

Syracuse's 19-7 blowout win over Duke in the Carrier Dome is even more impressive when you consider the Orange were without Randy Staats, who sat out with an amorphous lower body injury, according to The Post-Standard. It was never close, a complete reversal of the ACC foes' regular-season encounter last year, which the Blue Devils won 21-7. The difference? Syracuse has Ben Williams (14-for-22) and Duke no longer has Brendan Fowler. Williams' faceoff mastery allowed the Orange to score the game's first five goals and paced them to a 13-1 lead at halftime. Dylan Donahue (five goals, two assists) and Kevin Rice (three goals, four assists) combined for 14 points.

ACC MEN’S LACROSSE: DONAHUE AND DOSS EARN ACC PLAYER OF THE WEEK HONORS (TheACC)

GREENSBORO, N.C. (theACC.com) – Syracuse’s Dylan Donahue has been named the Atlantic Coast Conference Men’s Lacrosse Offensive Player of the Week, while Notre Dame’s Shane Doss is the Defensive Player of the Week.

Donahue tallied a season-best seven points, including a game-high five goals, as top-ranked Syracuse handed No. 4 Duke its worst loss in over a decade, 19-7, Sunday at the Carrier Dome. Donahue had one goal and one assist in an early 4-0 scoring spurt that gave the Orange control of the contest. He also scored consecutive goals in the second quarter as part of a 9-0 Syracuse run that put the game away. In the second half, the red-shirt junior from Camillus, New York, struck twice more, including scoring his NCAA-leading ninth extra-man goal of the year midway through the fourth quarter. With the performance, Donahue extended his goal-scoring streak to 16 straight games and his team-leading streak of the consecutive games with a point to 30.

Donahue Named ACC Offensive Player of the Week for Third Time (Cuse.com)

CA02HdTUcAAAQp3.jpg

Last edited:

Welcome to the fastest game on two feet (unless you are playing Maryland); a game where students stay through their senior years, and where Syracuse has been the dominant school in the sport for the last 32 years. What are you doing Memorial Day weekend?

Welcome to the fastest game on two feet (unless you are playing Maryland); a game where students stay through their senior years, and where Syracuse has been the dominant school in the sport for the last 32 years. What are you doing Memorial Day weekend?
Um, watching the Syracuse LaCrosse champions??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom