Eli Manning | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Eli Manning

The interceptions thing is way overplayed. He only threw 14 last year.

Two years ago he had an awful OL, awful running game, and below average targets overall. He had no chance.

In Gilbride's offense, they threw the ball downfield and took chances. They really didn't do the dink and dunk that most of the league did/does.

The interceptions thing is way overplayed. He only threw 14 last year.

Two years ago he had an awful OL, awful running game, and below average targets overall. He had no chance.

In Gilbride's offense, they threw the ball downfield and took chances. They really didn't do the dink and dunk that most of the league did/does.

No one is saying he is a scrub, he is a good nfl qb, but the highest paid player in the nfl? No way

I am a Cowboy fan and I will acknowledge that Manning is an excellent quarterback. I am sure the Giants will do what it takes to retain him (as they should).

I don't know why we have to have Manning-Romo pissing matches. Both teams are fortunate to have these guys. I am sure Bills and Jets fans would kill to have either of them.

But he's allergic to the playoffs. Eli can make his team better (or worse sometimes, I admit). Romo doesn't have that ability.
Hey, but for a bad call, he beat the Packers at Lambeau last year.

Playoff record is definitely what Manning has over Romo.

I do think Romo's playoff failures are overstated. He has only played in six games and his passer rating is actually better than Manning's. The 2007-2008 team is really the only one that failed to meet expectations. Romo wasn't bad in that game against the Giants.

Romo gets way too much grief, if you look at that playoff game against the Giants, If Patrick Crayton catches that ball, we win. Up until a couple of years ago Tony never had a good offensive line behind him, and has every year he puts up great stats, and keep the Cowboys in contention.

I am but from an objective standpoint, who is playing the qb position better. Eli or Romo?
Romo has two playoff wins. Eli has 2 super bowl MVP's. In all fairness, Romo is really good at almost winning.

Hey, but for a bad call, he beat the Packers at Lambeau last year.
Hey but for one of the worst calls ever, he loses at home to Detroit. Defensive holding followed by pass interference and throw in unsportsman like penalty for a player on the bench coming on the field to argue a call with his helmet off.

And yet what? He is one of the better qbs in the league
And yet, he has done nothing in the post-season. And yet, he has won 1 - one - playoff game. Eli has played in almost 4 times as many playoff games. And is 8-3 post-season. And has 2 - two - rings. That's what.

Eli is good player but the NFL is all about the QB. He has gone 13-19 the last 2 years. I mean bless him for using his leverage and getting paid. He is not a top 5 QB you could put him at the end of the top 10 if you want.
I would take Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Luck, Peyton without hesitating. Ben Rothlisberger, Joe Flacco are better IMO as well.
Russell Wilson , Phil rivers are in his league.
Elite QBs don't go more than 2 years without making the playoffs

No, no that's not all that matters.
Yeah, it kinda is. But if you want to root for a quarterback who gets it done in the regular season and turns into Maureen O'Hara in the post-season, go ahead.

Eli is good player but the NFL is all about the QB. He has gone 13-19 the last 2 years. I mean bless him for using his leverage and getting paid. He is not a top 5 QB you could put him at the end of the top 10 if you want.
I would take Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Luck, Peyton without hesitating. Ben Rothlisberger, Joe Flacco are better IMO as well.
Russell Wilson , Phil rivers are in his league.
Elite QBs don't go more than 2 years without making the playoffs
Funny, I don't see Tony Romo on your list. ;)

Yeah, it kinda is. But if you want to root for a quarterback who gets it done in the regular season and turns into Maureen O'Hara in the post-season, go ahead.
When comparing a position, rings are all that matters? LOL

When comparing a position, rings are all that matters? LOL
When comparing a position, it matters. Not all that matters, but it matters. Absolutely. Getting it done in crunch time. It matters. Not saying he sucks, but he's WAAAAAAAAAY down the list. I don't care what the stats say. He can't get it done in January. That counts. If you think it doesn't, I don't know what to tell you.

And yet, he has done nothing in the post-season. And yet, he has won 1 - one - playoff game. Eli has played in almost 4 times as many playoff games. And is 8-3 post-season. And has 2 - two - rings. That's what.

He has two playoff wins, and winning in the playoffs is a team game. When the Giants won their first sb, Eli only made a few plays in that sb, that defensive line getting pressure on brady won them the sb.

He has two playoff wins, and winning in the playoffs is a team game. When the Giants won their first sb, Eli only made a few plays in that sb, that defensive line getting pressure on brady won them the sb.
And yet, he made the plays. Has Romo done that? Did you forget that Eli was 53-85 in the playoffs before the SB? Does that not count?

Your doing well! Keep it up!
:eat popcorn:

And yet, he made the plays. Has Romo done that? Did you forget that Eli was 53-85 in the playoffs before the SB? Does that not count?

Eli has been on some better teams than Tony, I'm not knocking Eli, he is a really good qb but right now Romo is the better qb.

Eli has been on some better teams than Tony, I'm not knocking Eli, he is a really good qb but right now Romo is the better qb.
We agree to disagree. If I was starting a team, I would take at least 10 QB's before Romo. And Eli would be one of them.

Romo has always been better than Eli. Romo is so underrated it's sad. But hey man sort by rings in a game where the teams consist of 50+ players.