Eli Manning | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Eli Manning

He has two playoff wins, and winning in the playoffs is a team game. When the Giants won their first sb, Eli only made a few plays in that sb, that defensive line getting pressure on brady won them the sb.
Yup, you're right. 2. My mistake.

Romo has always been better than Eli. Romo is so underrated it's sad. But hey man sort by rings in a game where the teams consist of 50+ players.
There are stats, and there is getting things done in crunch time. Romo is sadly lacking in the latter department.

Last two years:

Eli had a rough two years, which coincided with the Giants setting records for injury ravaged teams. He had to do a lot and actually had pretty good offensive stats last year.

Romo had two of his better years, which coincided with relying on a great line and the running game. In crunch time and he needed to make plays, he made mistakes in many games.

Other than that, their careers boil down pretty simply; you care about rings its Eli / you care about fantasy its Romo (or Rivers).

People will be set one way or another on this, reminds me of the Jeter / Nomar debates. We all know how that worked out.

Yeah it really is. 2 epic game winning drives in the Super Bowl? What else is there.
Oh now it's game winning drives? A position argument will never be about 100% rings, period. I hate both of them, but will never agree that rings in a position battle will be end all be all. Dilfer > Marino. Pfff

If Eli gets his wish,he better buy David Tyree a new Mercedes every two years for getting to be a big part of that because there are many Q.B'S better than him right now. Plus we have to deal with a bunch more ego's during the season from many different players thinking they too should be the highest paid at their position,even tho we do see this quite often anyways.

Oh now it's game winning drives? A position argument will never be about 100% rings, period. I hate both of them, but will never agree that rings in a position battle will be end all be all. Dilfer > Marino. Pfff

Dilfer's Ravens team looked like they had 15 guys on defense, he wasn't the driver on that team.

Manning did what he did to win games on the road at Dallas, SF, GB twice and against the Patsies twice. And he made the winning plays.

No one is saying he is a scrub, he is a good nfl qb, but the highest paid player in the nfl? No way

You're not paid what you're worth, you're paid what you have the leverage to negotiate.

We'll see what happens.

Interesting how Andrew Luck is usually near the top of people's lists. He's thrown 12 INT's in 6 playoff games.

If NY or Dallas's QB did that, I could only imagine how badly they would "suck" according to many fans.

* Luck is obviously very talented and put up big numbers last year(A top 5 QB fantasy football ranking would be justified), and has a good chance to be a great QB. But he's been anointed a little too quickly, where others(like Eli and Romo) get picked apart no matter what.

There are stats, and there is getting things done in crunch time. Romo is sadly lacking in the latter department.
That is so exaggerated. Romo was 4 - 0 in December last year. He also has 24 career 4th quarter comebacks. I think that is two fewer than Manning, and Romo has started about 40 fewer games.

Andrew Luck was anointed the best QB prospect since Peyton. Everything he has done since then has backed up that talk. His teams have been garbage and it's because of him they've even made the playoffs.

Interesting how Andrew Luck is usually near the top of people's lists. He's thrown 12 INT's in 6 playoff games.

If NY or Dallas's QB did that, I could only imagine how badly they would "suck" according to many fans.

* Luck is obviously very talented and put up big numbers last year(A top 5 QB fantasy football ranking would be justified), and has a good chance to be a great QB. But he's been anointed a little too quickly, where others(like Eli and Romo) get picked apart no matter what.
Luck has made the playoffs each year of his career. Rookie year-AFC WC 2nd year-Divisional round 3rd year-AFC title game.
Eli had made the postseason 5 times in his career. 3 one and dones and 2 SB titles.

Luck is the reason his team made the playoffs.

Andrew Luck was anointed the best QB prospect since Peyton. Everything he has done since then has backed up that talk. His teams have been garbage and it's because of him they've even made the playoffs.

He's been very good for a young QB, and is progressing to be one of the best in the game. Putting him up with Brady, Rodgers, Peyton, Brees right now though? I'll hold off until he earns that. Not sure what he's done that would so clearly put him over Eli, Romo, Wilson, or Big Ben.

Playoff #'s:
Luck - 9 TD's, 12 INT's
Eli - 17 TD's, 8 INT's
Romo - 8 TD's, 2 INT's

Luck has made the playoffs each year of his career. Rookie year-AFC WC 2nd year-Divisional round 3rd year-AFC title game.
Eli had made the postseason 5 times in his career. 3 one and dones and 2 SB titles.

Luck is the reason his team made the playoffs.

Eli was the biggest reason his team not only made the playoffs, but won the 2011 Super Bowl.

The running game and defense were both among the worst in the league statistically that year, though the D did get it together for a month in the playoffs.

This is crazy. Eli's won two Super Bowls, but it's not like the Giants have dominated the league. He hasn't carried his teams like Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady. His stats really aren't close to any of the top guys. He just got a new deal four years ago which made him the highest paid player then, now everyone has passed him in salary he wants his deal re-worked. Qb deals are getting crazy. I'd love to see one of these guys reach the open market to see how much they would get.

Eli was the biggest reason his team not only made the playoffs, but won the 2011 Super Bowl.

The running game and defense were both among the worst in the league statistically that year, though the D did get it together for a month in the playoffs.
I am going to give ELi credit for 2 SB wins, but the guy is not as good as Andrew Luck right now.

Andrew Luck hasn't had a running game in 3years and besides Ty Hilton has elevated a bunch of mediocre talent. 11-10-11 win season to start a career is incredible.

This is crazy. Eli's won two Super Bowls, but it's not like the Giants have dominated the league. He hasn't carried his teams like Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady. His stats really aren't close to any of the top guys. He just got a new deal four years ago which made him the highest paid player then, now everyone has passed him in salary he wants his deal re-worked. Qb deals are getting crazy. I'd love to see one of these guys reach the open market to see how much they would get.
Eli Manning has thrown 42 more interceptions than Tom Brady in 1,559 fewer attempts.
I mean just like Brady won SB 36 with his defense carrying him Eli owes the NYG DL for shutting down the best offense in NFL history a huge break for winning SB 42.
IMO Tuck should have been SB 42 MVP just like Ty Law should have been SB 36 MVP.
Eli is using his leverage like anyone with a brain would do in his spot. He just isn't a top 5 QB now and may barely be a top 1o QB depending on the person's opinion.

Romo has always been better than Eli. Romo is so underrated it's sad. But hey man sort by rings in a game where the teams consist of 50+ players.
I love this entire thread. Everyone can make a different argument on why their guy is better. I'm a Giants fan so naturally I am going to but a ton more weight on Super Bowl rings. Isn't that why they play the game? What people don't give Eli credit for is how he has handled the NY pressure for 11 seasons. People can call him a goober or whatever, but he is incredibly smart and knowledgeable in his handling of the media. It could be because of his dad and brother, but that's a huge reason why Giants fans always give Eli a pass. Same with TC. Both are very savvy in the way they carry themselves.

But let's go back to Tony Romo and Phillip Rivers. When they get to two Super Bowls rings, feel free to start your comparisons.

He carried the 2011 Super Bowl Champion Giants all season.