Eli Manning | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Eli Manning

The "rings are all that matters" argument reflects an inability to recognize nuance. It is basically a child's argument.
so is the dilfer>marino argument.

ben hasnt won a playoff game in 5 years. why did he get $$??
brees has won 6 for his career and is the true INT Champion.
luck is young and on the way up, so theres more upside. maybe someday he too can have 2 SUPERBOWL LOMBARDIS AND 2 SUPERBOWL MVPs
rivers has won 4 career playoff games. why did he get $$$??

i see no reason to bring Brady, Peyton and Rodgers into this debate, clearly they have won and have the regular season to stats to back it up. elite of the elite.

who was this thread started on again?? oh yeah, romo.

he doesnt crack the debate with the 1st 4 i listed.

fantasy stats in october dont mean shlit.

and his time has passed, and without a pedigree, why should we expect anything positive in the future?

ELI >>>>>>>>>> romo

luck is young and on the way up, so theres more upside. maybe someday he too can have 2 SUPERBOWL LOMBARDIS AND 2 SUPERBOWL MVPs

i see no reason to bring Brady, Peyton and Rodgers into this debate, clearly they have won and have the regular season to stats to back it up. elite of the elite.

and his time has passed, and without a pedigree, why should we expect anything positive in the future?

ELI >>>>>>>>>> romo

How has his time passed? Did you see the year he had last year?

How has his time passed? Did you see the year he had last year?
Romo hasn't been capable in 10 years thus far of putting a team on his back during a playoff run. Listen I am not a huge Eli fan but the dude put the Giants on his back in 2007 and 2011.
Romo always has that back crushing INT until last year when he became a great game manager behind the best OL in the NFL. I still remember a bet I lost when Romo threw 2 crushing 4th quarter INTs at Washington in 2012.
Romo is good but not great.

Romo hasn't been capable in 10 years thus far of putting a team on his back during a playoff run. Listen I am not a huge Eli fan but the dude put the Giants on his back in 2007 and 2011.
Romo always has that back crushing INT until last year when he became a great game manager behind the best OL in the NFL. I still remember a bet I lost when Romo threw 2 crushing 4th quarter INTs at Washington in 2012.
Romo is good but not great.

He hasn't been capable of putting a team on his back lol, last year he tossed 34 tds to 9 ints, completed 70 percent of his passes, and only had a qb rating of 113.2. Ya thats nothing special.

Eli really didn't put the Giants on his back in 07, heck there were alot of giant fans calling for him to be benched during that season. The Giants largely won that sb due to a terrific defense and running game.

He hasn't been capable of putting a team on his back lol, last year he tossed 34 tds to 9 ints, completed 70 percent of his passes, and only had a qb rating of 113.2. Ya thats nothing special.
Last year Romo had his fewest attempts in a 16 game season since his first year starting. Again he was superb because he was behind the best OL in the NFL and running game was the first option. When the playoffs came around the COwboys were lucky the refs did something unprecedented in the Lions game and then couldn't beat Aaron Rodgers on 1 leg.

Last year Romo had his fewest attempts in a 16 game season since his first year starting. Again he was superb because he was behind the best OL in the NFL and running game was the first option. When the playoffs came around the COwboys were lucky the refs did something unprecedented in the Lions game and then couldn't beat Aaron Rodgers on 1 leg.

Eli has played behind some pretty good o-lines in his day as well. The bottom line in that Lion game, was when the game was on the line, he engineered the game winning td drive. And if it wasn't for a bad call in the Packers game, who knows how that game would have turned out.

Eli has played behind some pretty good o-lines in his day as well. The bottom line in that Lion game, was when the game was on the line, he engineered the game winning td drive. And if it wasn't for a bad call in the Packers game, who knows how that game would have turned out.
First off that PI that was picked up was a joke. The Lions got screwed that was a penalty. Second, by the letter of law anyone who follows the NFL knew that was the Calvin Johnson rule on the Bryant catch. It was not a bad call if they want to change the rule fine, but it was correct by the rule on the books. Third, Romo had a great year because their was less on his shoulders.

First off that PI that was picked up was a joke. The Lions got screwed that was a penalty. Second, by the letter of law anyone who follows the NFL knew that was the Calvin Johnson rule on the Bryant catch. It was not a bad call if they want to change the rule fine, but it was correct by the rule on the books. Third, Romo had a great year because their was less on his shoulders.

The pi that was picked up happened with 9 mins to go in the game, it was a bad call, but it didn't cost the Lions the game. The Calvin Johnson rule is absurd, anyone who watches football knows that Dez made that catch. Ya Romo didn't have to do as much last year, but it doesn't take away from the fact that he had a great year.

The pi that was picked up happened with 9 mins to go in the game, it was a bad call, but it didn't cost the Lions the game. The Calvin Johnson rule is absurd, anyone who watches football knows that Dez made that catch. Ya Romo didn't have to do as much last year, but it doesn't take away from the fact that he had a great year.
upload_2015-8-19_13-43-18.jpeg

Did this non-call which the NFL admitted was wrongly not called a play that costed the Lions the game? That was on 4th and 6 with 2:30 left in the game.

ELI >>>>>>>>>> romo

Regardless of postseason success, Ben is much better now than he was back when he had all of his playoff success.
Brees is still far better than Eli, and I'm not sure how he can be the "true INT champion" when he throws fewer INTs than Eli and throws them a smaller % of the time.
If last year's play is what you get out of Luck on a year in and year out basis, he's far better than Eli while also being far younger.
Rivers is semi-debatable. He's been significantly better in the regular season, but Eli has been better in the postseason.

Romo is too old to get the money at this point, but as of right now, he's comfortably in the top 10 of QBs and personally, I think he's comfortably ahead of Eli (for me, Eli is probably in the 12-15 range, whereas Romo would be in the 5-7 range). That's not to diss Eli; he has moments where he can sometimes carry a team, but the idea that he put the team on his back in '07 is laughable. That team was built around a good defense and a good running game. The second Super Bowl run, however, was just great play on Eli's part, along with surprising production from the rest of the team.

i have no beef with the ben over Eli people.

6 in hand, half dozen the other.

both are going to the HOF.

rivers is a notch below.

luck is too young, but certainly has the makings of putting himself above all 3.

in 3 of the last 4 years, brees has thrown more INTs than Eli.

but because of 1 year where Eli's #s were all out of wack...hes the poster boy for NFL INTs.

other than the big 3...these are the only QBs in Eli's league.

everyone else is a QB du-jour or a never was.

romo fits in both.

Total nonsense for all of the reasons already mentioned in this thread.
not 1 good reason was read.

romo is currently a du-jour.

which is good for him, since he spent a few years of never was-ness after being a du-jour in 00s.

rivers is a notch below.

luck is too young, but certainly has the makings of putting himself above all 3.

but because of 1 year where Eli's #s were all out of wack...hes the poster boy for NFL INTs.

romo fits in both.

If romo wins a sb, he is going to the hof also.

If romo wins a sb, he is going to the hof also.
he will need 2.

and likely about 5-7 more years of stats.

hes only got 7 years worth of starting stats. (added up 2 non full years to count as 1 or hes at 7)

but hes 35, with back problems.

so good luck with that.....

rivers is a notch below.

romo fits in both.

Brees should throw more picks than Manning. He has a ton more attempts. His interception percentage is 2.6 and Eli's is 3.3. He's also throw 161 touchdowns to Manning's 103 the last four years and has a touchdown percentage of 5.3 for his career compared to 4.6 and a completion percentage 7 points higher.
Brees is closer to Peyton/Rodgers/Brady than Eli. None of the elite quarterbacks have played with as bad a defense as Brees throughout his career. Even the year the Saints won the Super Bowl they were terrible defensively besides turning people over.

he will need 2.

and likely about 5-7 more years of stats.

hes only got 7 years worth of starting stats. (added up 2 non full years to count as 1 or hes at 7)

but hes 35, with back problems.

so good luck with that...

Romo for his career has a td/into ratio of 242/110. His career qb rating is 97.6, and his career comp pct is 65.2. His career numbers are better than Big Ben and Eli, and on par with Brees. If he gets that sb, hes going to get in.

Brees should throw more picks than Manning. He has a ton more attempts. His interception percentage is 2.6 and Eli's is 3.3. He's also throw 161 touchdowns to Manning's 103 the last four years and has a touchdown percentage of 5.3 for his career compared to 4.6 and a completion percentage 7 points higher.
Brees is closer to Peyton/Rodgers/Brady than Eli. None of the elite quarterbacks have played with as bad a defense as Brees throughout his career. Even the year the Saints won the Super Bowl they were terrible defensively besides turning people over.
brees is closer to the big 3 for sure.

he plays at least 9 games a year in a Dome and 1 more in tampa.

rodgers #s would be barry bonds on steroids-esque with that set up.

Romo for his career has a td/into ratio of 242/110. His career qb rating is 97.6, and his career comp pct is 65.2. His career numbers are better than Big Ben and Eli, and on par with Brees. If he gets that sb, hes going to get in.
Word

Name me 9 better qbs right now.
1.) Hunt
2.) A.J. Long
3.)Dungey
4.) That walk-on
5.)McNabb
6.) Perry Patterson
7.McPherson
8. Philcox
9.) last but the best....Troy Nunes

Spoken like a true "Orangemen"