Eli Manning | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Eli Manning

Any of the Andrew Luck fans want to jump ship yet?

The guy makes some dumb plays.

Andrew Luck plays for a buffoon owner, and a terrible GM and HC duo. Who haven't invested in OL to help Luck and have gotten him killed.

I would take Andrew Luck over any QB not named Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady. I really hope Luck doesn't sign an extension and forces the Colts to use the franchise tag 1 time and then get the heck out of Indy after they use the exclusive franchise tag 1 year.

Andrew Luck plays for a buffoon owner, and a terrible GM and HC duo. Who haven't invested in OL to help Luck and have gotten him killed.

I would take Andrew Luck over any QB not named Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady. I really hope Luck doesn't sign an extension and forces the Colts to use the franchise tag 1 time and then get the heck out of Indy after they use the exclusive franchise tag 1 year.
doesnt matter.

im continually told that great QBs make everyone around them better and if the QB has a bad line, its still his fault there is not more wins and TDs being accomplished.

or does that only apply to Eli???....

doesnt matter.

im continually told that great QBs make everyone around them better and if the QB has a bad line, its still his fault there is not more wins and TDs being accomplished.

or does that only apply to Eli???...
Luck is better than Eli.

Luck's first 3 years. 11-5, 11-5 11-5. Playoff record 3-3, AFC Wild Card, AFC Divisional round AFC Title game.
Eli's first 3 years 1-8, 11-5, 8-8, . Playoff record o-2. DNF, NFC Wild Card, NFC Wild Card.

Eli won the SB in year 4. Luck has accomplished more in his first 3 years than Eli did. Now the AFC South is a dumpster fire of a division and that is a little to do with it.

Luck is infinitely better IMO than Eli Manning. Eli has only won playoff games in 2 years. The 2 years he has won a SB. He is way too feast or famine. Luck is the primary reason his team won 11 games in each season. Luck beat Eli last year in NY.

Eli has had his team invest in first round OL talent. Pugh, Flowers have helped the NYG OL. Indy has wasted a first round pick on DL who has been a bust, traded 1st rounder for Trent Richardson(this trade should get Grigson fired), and midget speed WR Philip Dorsett when they already had Ty Hilton.

Luck's GM has wasted cap space on bums and wasted his rookie contract cap space. If Luck had a real GM/HC he will win multiple SBs.

Luck > Eli.

the goal is to win, now stay with me here...SUPER BOWLS.

not playoff games.

i applaud luck for inheriting Peytons team and continuing great QB leadership, he is certainly a great QB.

now win.

no excuses.

and to say hes infinetly better is comical. his shoulder is already questionable.

Under this logic Trent Dilfer is a better QB than Dan Marino.

Winning SBs is great and that allows Eli to be a borderline HOFer who will get in barely. Eli Manning isn't a QB you automatically put that team down for 10 wins every year type of QB.

Eli is a back end of the top 10 QB in the NFL. Good for him in winning 2 SBs. His brother only has 1 and will be considered a better alltime QB.

im continually told that great QBs make everyone around them better

I would think going 11-5 every year with a 5-11 roster qualifies as such.

PFF has said Luck has highest percentage of turnover throws of any QB in the league. That brings down his ranking. He's also not getting the ball down the field. He's (31st) behind Peyton Manning in YPA, so maybe his shoulder is making it hard for him to push the ball down the field. Last year he was 7th. FWIW Brees with a hurt shoulder is 10th.

The thing that would worry me as a Giants fan is Eli is only 25th in YPA this year. Last year he was 13th. The metrics say he's not throwing the ball well for whatever reason, and thats with the same personnel.

PFF has said Luck has highest percentage of turnover throws of any QB in the league. That brings down his ranking. He's also not getting the ball down the field. He's (31st) behind Peyton Manning in YPA, so maybe his shoulder is making it hard for him to push the ball down the field. Last year he was 7th. FWIW Brees with a hurt shoulder is 10th.

The thing that would worry me as a Giants fan is Eli is only 25th in YPA this year. Last year he was 13th. The metrics say he's not throwing the ball well for whatever reason, and thats with the same personnel.
PFF Sam Monson also said Tom Brady was washed up last year.

Luck missed two easy games where he would piled up numbers. Jacksonville and Houston. I agree he has struggled early this year but the guy after Rodgers and Brady is the first QB I would pick to play for my team.

Eli is a good QB but isn't a guy that is consistent enough to be a top 5 QB.

PFF Sam Monson also said Tom Brady was washed up last year.

Luck missed two easy games where he would piled up numbers. Jacksonville and Houston. I agree he has struggled early this year but the guy after Rodgers and Brady is the first QB I would pick to play for my team.

Eli is a good QB but isn't a guy that is consistent enough to be a top 5 QB.

Brady ended up being the highest rated QB for PFF week 5 on.

I think a lot of the issues with Indy is scheme/poor coaching.

Eli is Donovan Mcnabb with super bowl wins.

Under this logic Trent Dilfer is a better QB than Dan Marino.

Winning SBs is great and that allows Eli to be a borderline HOFer who will get in barely. Eli Manning isn't a QB you automatically put that team down for 10 wins every year type of QB.

Eli is a back end of the top 10 QB in the NFL. Good for him in winning 2 SBs. His brother only has 1 and will be considered a better alltime QB.
that is most certainly not the logic.

the logic is making the playoffs just as important as games won, theyre basially equal.

after that, only 1 team ends with a win.

i will say that credit should be given for just getting to the last game.

i like dilfer, but im sick of seeing his name with marino or even with Eli.

apples and Oranges.

btw: why is Eli boarderline?? when hes done, his stats will be off the freakin charts crazy good.

with at least...2 Lombardis.

hes a lock.

and in year 11 & 12, he finally started playing in an 00's + offense like his contemporaries.

he played the 1st 10 years of his career in an outdated 90s one.

If Eli gets in the HOF, he get's in off those 2 wins alone. Mcnabb won a higher percentage of games for Philly than Eli has for the Giants, they have basically the same stats, nobody thinks Mcnabb should be in Canton.

Last edited:
If Eli gets in the HOF, he get's in off those 2 wins alone. Mcnabb won more games for Philly than Eli has for the Giants, they have basically the same stats, nobody thinks Mcnabb should be in Canton.
ummm...no.

If Eli gets in the HOF, he get's in off those 2 wins alone. Mcnabb won more games for Philly than Eli has for the Giants, they have basically the same stats, nobody thinks Mcnabb should be in Canton.
Actually, that's not right. At all. He won FEWER games for Philly (92) than Eli has for the Giants (94). And that's just regular season. So, with that debunked, let's move forward with total games won. Eli 102, DM 101. So, with Eli not even finished, he will leave McNabb in the rear-view mirror as he continues to play.

Fact-checking is a good thing.

Eli Manning is 102-82 in his career as a starting QB.
With 259 TDs and 185 INT and a career passing rating of 82.4

Among active QBs with 50 starts in their career his winning percentage is below

T. Brady
R.Wilson
P. Manning
A. Rodgers
B. Rothlisberger
A. Luck
J. Flacco
A. Dalton
C. Kaepernick
T. Romo
P. Rivers
M. Ryan
D. Brees

If you take Eli's rookie year he only moves above Drew Brees in career win percentage. Eli is going to get in because he won 2 SBs but he is not elite.

Actually, that's not right. At all. He won FEWER games for Philly (92) than Eli has for the Giants (94). And that's just regular season. So, with that debunked, let's move forward with total games won. Eli 102, DM 101. So, with Eli not even finished, he will leave McNabb in the rear-view mirror as he continues to play.

Fact-checking is a good thing.

Check my post above. Win percentage for DM is a lot higher.

Check my post above. Win percentage for DM is a lot higher.
Didn't say it was.

However, you said "Mcnabb won more games for Philly than Eli has for the Giants". Just not true.

Over his 11 year career Eli Manning is 20 games over .500. So Eli is the Andy Pettitte of NFL QBs. Above average not an ace but a really good #2 SP but in postseason is dominant.

Pettitte isn't going to get into the HOF because NFL QBs get a lot more credit for SB wins thus Eli is going to get in because of his 2nd SB win.

Just don't try telling me they are better than they are. If Manning were elite since 2008 he wouldn't have only made the postseason 1 time in an era of NFL FB where if you have a dominant QB you are golden.

Pettitte isn't going to get into the HOF because NFL QBs get a lot more credit for SB wins thus Eli is going to get in because of his 2nd SB win.
PEDs don't help Pettitte's cause.

Eli is 94-79 with a career 82.9 Rating
Mcnabb was 92-49-1 at 86.5 in Philly
So Eli has more wins.

270 tds to 216, but hey lets use his full career, 234 TDs...so Eli
41,341 yards to 32,873 (37,276)...so Eli

they are not in same stratosphere.

mcnabb was very good to be sure.

So Eli has more wins.

270 tds to 216, but hey lets use his full career, 234 TDs...so Eli
41,341 yards to 32,873 (37,276)...so Eli

they are not in same stratosphere.

mcnabb was very good to be sure.

Agree. Eli's compiled more stats. He's already started 12 more games, so some of that is that. Completion percentage is a wash. Eli is good, so was Mcnabb. We agree. If Mcnabb beat Brady in 04, he's probably an HOFer too. QB's are judged a ton on SB's right or not.

hes an injury risk, but id rank him 2nd in the NFC East, for sure.

gun to head...

id put him...ryan, stafford & flacco in same catagory...with rivers.

you can change the order in each grouping, it doesnt matter.

1a. Rodgers
1b. Peyton
1c. the cheating fluck

2a. Luck
2b. Tebow

3a. Eli
3b. Ben
3c. Brees

4a. Rivers
4b. Romo
4c. Ryan
4d. Stafford
4e. Flacco
4f. Wilson

5a. Cam
5b. Dalton
5c. Tannehill
5d. Smith
5e. Palmer

6a. Carr
6b. Bradford
6c. Cutler
6d. Bridgewater

then everyone else

The idea that Eli Manning is BETTER than Rivers is so far beyond absurd that you should permanently disqualify yourself from talking about Quarterbacks. My god, in an entire different tier than Rivers? That is utterly hilarious fanboy stuff.

Jim Plunkett is clearly one of the 10 best QBs of all-time based on his two Super Bowl wins. There are so many variables at play with that stuff that in most instances it's silly to use that as a basis for your argument. Unless you're exclusively talking about whether that bump for SB wins (which is fair play) gets someone into the HOF.