Eric Devendorf | Syracusefan.com

Eric Devendorf

SUGIANT

2nd String
I just listened to Eric on Orange Nation and it occurred to me that out of all players, past and present, he is a visible face of the program. I’ve got to hand it to him, he is out there talking, giving back and speaking for SU basketball. I’m not sure we’ve had a former player in the role he’s put himself in, with a nod to the Pearl, DC and Carmelo. Those players are great, but in a different way Eric is out there and active doing things for SU and the community. The amount of time he puts in giving back is pretty cool. Now I watch a lot of SU stuff and maybe it’s not quite like I see it, but to me he’s transformed himself from the rough and tumble guy we loved, and everyone else hated, to a mature person who speaks well and presents a positive image for SU basketbal. I want to give him a nod and say keep it up! Don’t want to take away from anyone else, just give him props. Not sure I said it quite right, but I’m sure you’ll get what I’m saying.

I just listened to Eric on Orange Nation and it occurred to me that out of all players, past and present, he is a visible face of the program. I’ve got to hand it to him, he is out there talking, giving back and speaking for SU basketball. I’m not sure we’ve had a former player in the role he’s put himself in, with a nod to the Pearl, DC and Carmelo. Those players are great, but in a different way Eric is out there and active doing things for SU and the community. The amount of time he puts in giving back is pretty cool. Now I watch a lot of SU stuff and maybe it’s not quite like I see it, but to me he’s transformed himself from the rough and tumble guy we loved, and everyone else hated, to a mature person who speaks well and presents a positive image for SU basketbal. I want to give him a nod and say keep it up! Don’t want to take away from anyone else, just give him props. Not sure I said it quite right, but I’m sure you’ll get what I’m saying.
Agree with you!

Absolutely agree with your post.

Eric has been doing many things to prop SU basketball. He is a definite asset to the program and I wouldn't be surprised if he was hired in some capacity by the school.

Public relations/marketing/basketball team rep for high school parent student relations - if he isn't hired by a major CNY network first. He is definitely pro SU and as a former player has great knowledge about SU basketball, and become a legitimate spokesman for the program, IMO.

Last edited:
You said it perfectly. He has come a long way. I liked him back then and I like him now.

Loved Devendorf as a player even with his issues. He and Mookie are amazing now for what they have become and continue to do.

Eric's growth is remarkable. He has supported the program and it's players over the years (good years and bad years, he's always been there). Hopefully, some time in the future, he can make his way to the bench as an assistant coach. I can see him being a passionate and positive assistant coach and recruiter who can connect with kids from all walks of life.

Eric's growth is remarkable. He has supported the program and it's players over the years (good years and bad years, he's always been there). Hopefully, some time in the future, he can make his way to the bench as an assistant coach. I can see him being a passionate and positive assistant coach and recruiter who can connect with kids from all walks of life.
Does he still want to coach? Just curious if someone knows his wishes on getting into college coaching.

Does he still want to coach? Just curious if someone knows his wishes on getting into college coaching.
I'm pretty sure was a developmental coach, or something like that, here a few years ago. But I think it was a year or 2 plan from the start. Then he was an actual assistant at Detroit Mercy for a year, but left to come back to Syracuse to live. I think he wants to do it, but maybe not grind it out at a place he's not familiar with.

So well said. I know he had stuff in the past, but we all make mistakes. Just love what he does in the CNY community...

I'm pretty sure was a developmental coach, or something like that, here a few years ago. But I think it was a year or 2 plan from the start. Then he was an actual assistant at Detroit Mercy for a year, but left to come back to Syracuse to live. I think he wants to do it, but maybe not grind it out at a place he's not familiar with.

Yes, Eric was an asst strength coach here which allowed him access to work with players. He then went to Detroit Mercy as a special assistant to the head coach.

Maybe our new D1 neighbor could use some help down the road to start.

Came back to Syracuse to be with his two daughters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom