ESPN: Strong man Hickey anchors Syracuse line | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

ESPN: Strong man Hickey anchors Syracuse line

Well since Hicks got here in 2000, i don't know if he would want to use the teams success under P with and without him as a measuring stick of his abilities since his arrival is approximately exactly when we fell off. (not saying it was his fault, but he didnt reside under a great record is all)

Mike Gerber says hello for the insane speed in the mid/late 90's
I trained with Mike for 2 years, what a great man. The stuff he was doing in the 90's was part of the revolutionizing of training. Everybody and their brother is now pushing pieces of his and his peers systems in the 90's. Tebucky Jones, Donovin Darius, Mike Hart, Damien Rhodes... The list goes on and on, some through Syracuse and some through Strength & Motion at the old Fayetteville Mall.

I believe he went on to run the S&C at Montana and then UNLV. I could pick up a phone today and he'd remember who I was and talk to me about anything, not because of who I am but because of who he is. Before he left he trained Corey Parker to be his successor at Strength & Motion. All great people, all immensely dedicated to their craft.

that's fine if you disagree but people were absolutely calling for him to be fired for years.
Kirbivore had "fire Hicks" in his signature for a long time, but he wasn't the only one calling for his head.

I wish more of our speed guys were encouraged to work with the track team in the offseason, working on explosiveness, speed efficiency, etc.

I wish more of our speed guys were encouraged to work with the track team in the offseason, working on explosiveness, speed efficiency, etc.
They are encouraged to do that to an extent. And not just the speed guys. Not sure of the nature of the relationship between the two, but their are athletes from each that know each other. Maybe obvious they would, but I actually heard talk of this exact topic.

Pasqualoni changed the policy allowing football players to compete in track early in his tenure. Even if they can't compete (and whether they should could be argued), as you say, some guys could be helped by training with them.

A lot of the issues with Hicks were during the G-Rob era where he was restricted from what he was able to do with the players. Once Marrone arrived, it seems as though Hicks was given the power to run things his way again.

Jamal Dumas' gut pre-dated GRob.