Fav player from 2009 till now? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Fav player from 2009 till now?

Gotta give some love to Rick Jackson. A real quiet storm down low, he did the dirty work and loved it.

Also honorable mention to Kristof Ongeanot. He wasn't the most skilled player on the floor but damn if he didn't play the hardest. He was like a Rocky movie on the hardwood.

CuseCPT said:
Gotta give some love to Rick Jackson. A real quiet storm down low, he did the dirty work and loved it. Also honorable mention to Kristof Ongeanot. He wasn't the most skilled player on the floor but damn if he didn't play the hardest. He was like a Rocky movie on the hardwood.

I picked Devo but Rj is right up there. He was absolutely amazing his senior year. Steady every game, it always seemed like he had a double double or close and in all reality the MVP of that team.

I picked Devo but Rj is right up there. He was absolutely amazing his senior year. Steady every game, it always seemed like he had a double double or close and in all reality the MVP of that team.

Yeah he was almost an automatic double double, it was great to watch him develop as a player. My favorite RJ memory was after he made a hard (but clean foul) on Thabeet and Thabeet started hemming an hawing about it. Rick just looked him up and down had this "come try it, then" smirk on his face. Rick owns.

Am I allowed to pick Otto?(the one that is Tee certified)
I approve of this message.
seal_of_approval_by_magnaen-d5oa99s.jpg

Arinze...and his ridiculous work ethic and GPA. Beast...

AO gets my vote for student athlete ... but what about Rakeem Christmas? I'm disappointed (though not surprised) that little has been made concerning his academic achievement.
Absolutely! I made a post a few weeks back about how his improved production on the court might be in part because he graduated in three years and doesn't have as much academic pressure.

Andy, because he improved so much and was probably the biggest reason our offense was top ten in the country his final two years--his presence and ballovement opened up so many gaps for other players. Also, his defense was completely underrated by every opponent we played.

And then MCW. I loved his emotion and confidence-- he completely dominated IU in what's probably our biggest win of the past ten years. He also made probably the biggest individual play of the past few years as well--the steal and dunk to beat Louisville in the yum center. He was the ideal guard for our zone and you never had a doubt that he'd match whatever intensity that the other team brought.

Eric devendorf and there is no close second for me. I miss his toughness. Respect a player willing to throw down

Didn't know this was an option.

Eric Devendorf is my favorite player all time. Met him in person several times, he's a horribly misunderstood individual. He was a player who could talk the talk and walk the walk. He's exactly the type of player we've lacked as of late. He was the "edge" that builds contenders. A great college basketball player and a very nice guy.

XMAS No other big-time basketball player ever got his degree in 3 years and he saved the best for last. Not only is he carrying the team but his shooting percentage is off the charts. I would not be surprised if his streak continues through the ACC. He will be first round for sure, and maybe lottery. Love all who bleed orange and carry out our two signature traditions: consistent winning record, and being a reliable closing team in tight games.

I said Flynn earlier, but to elaborate, he was one of the more explosive, dynamic, and competitive players we've had. He made a lot of big shots/plays starting right with his first 2 games of his career. He willed us to a comeback win over Kansas. That 28 win(against ou hardest schedule ever) sweet 16 2009 team kicked off our run of great seasons, and Flynn was the catalyst. I think he had a big role in turning things around, and he was our first high rated recruit in awhile that turned out to be even better than advertised.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom