Found my Lasean Howard autographed hat! | Syracusefan.com

Found my Lasean Howard autographed hat!

cusetown1

Taxi Squad
what could have been, what could have been...
image.jpeg

Why didn't Lasean work out at SU? What were the flaws of his game? I'm drawing a blank.

Why didn't Lasean work out at SU? What were the flaws of his game? I'm drawing a blank.

6-6 versatile guy, not much of a shooter.

Didn't get much PT his first two years, so he transferred out.

He was part of the same class that brought in Jason Hart, Etan Thomas, and Ryan Blackwell as a transfer. Ramel Lloyd and Howard were the two who transferred out.

He was part of the same class that brought in Jason Hart, Etan Thomas, and Ryan Blackwell as a transfer. Ramel Lloyd and Howard were the two who transferred out.
Basically he got Boehiemed according to a certain poster.

JB once described him something along these lines: "He's the best athlete we've ever brought in. Too bad he doesn't know how to play basketball."

The kid could run and jump all day long, but couldn't handle or shoot at all.

I really liked Ramel Lloyd. I know he ended up being a big scorer for Long Beach St. I wonder if he would've panned out if he stayed at Cuse. Could've given us some nice scoring punch at the 2 Guard spot in the 99 season when we started Allen Griffin out of position, and in 2000 when we started Tony Bland and he completely hit the wall about midseason.

Yeah he was like Jeff Trepagnier from USC except not quite the athlete Trepagnier was. I was in school at USC with that Elite 8 team that nearly went to the Final 4 of Brandon Granville/Trepagnier/Bluthenthal/Scalabrine/Sam Clancy/Desmon Farmer. Tony Bland was buddies with most of these guys From high school.

I remember being surprised a bit yet excited getting LaSean Howard from a big time H.S. Program in Toledo OH before he went to prep school somewhere.

I really liked Ramel Lloyd. I know he ended up being a big scorer for Long Beach St. I wonder if he would've panned out if he stayed at Cuse. Could've given us some nice scoring punch at the 2 Guard spot in the 99 season when we started Allen Griffin out of position, and in 2000 when we started Tony Bland and he completely hit the wall about midseason.

The crazy thing about his decision to transfer was the prospective PT that was open the next season. We went through 1996-1997 season [hard to believe it was 20 years ago] really struggling, and generally unable to put the ball in the basket. Jason Hart was a frosh without a super tight handle, and he struggled a bit running the show, and the results trickled down from there.

Lloyd was too fat--just wasn't in the kind of shape he needed to be in to play at this level. I think he got by in HS by being physically dominant / stronger than the competition, but couldn't just muscle his way at the collegiate level.

BUT after riding the pine most of the year, he had a big scoring outing or two toward the end of the season. The starting SG spot was there for the taking the next year [Janulis ultimately ended up starting]. He'd already endured the difficult season where he wasn't part of the rotation and had to learn what JB required--he should have come back and worked to earn that starting role, and he would have played a to--either as a starter or the sixth man.

Instead, he transferred. I believe he followed Wayne Morgan to Long Beach State, and ended up having a decent career there. I think we played them four years later, when he was a fifth year senior.

I think I have a Bobby Lazor signed hat somewhere also, seriously lol.
"Lazor"
giphy.gif

I have Robey's autograph, encased in this fancy flexiglass type thing. After he becomes all-world rebounding in the NBA and on and makes 99% of us eat internet crow, I can sell it to you for slick profits, ay? Ay?
:)

"Lazor"
giphy.gif

I have Robey's autograph, encased in this fancy flexiglass type thing. After he becomes all-world rebounding in the NBA and on and makes 99% of us eat internet crow, I can sell it to you for slick profits, ay? Ay?
:)

You'll net at least "One hundred BILLION dollars"

The crazy thing about his decision to transfer was the prospective PT that was open the next season. We went through 1996-1997 season [hard to believe it was 20 years ago] really struggling, and generally unable to put the ball in the basket. Jason Hart was a frosh without a super tight handle, and he struggled a bit running the show, and the results trickled down from there.

Lloyd was too fat--just wasn't in the kind of shape he needed to be in to play at this level. I think he got by in HS by being physically dominant / stronger than the competition, but couldn't just muscle his way at the collegiate level.

BUT after riding the pine most of the year, he had a big scoring outing or two toward the end of the season. The starting SG spot was there for the taking the next year [Janulis ultimately ended up starting]. He'd already endured the difficult season where he wasn't part of the rotation and had to learn what JB required--he should have come back and worked to earn that starting role, and he would have played a to--either as a starter or the sixth man.

Instead, he transferred. I believe he followed Wayne Morgan to Long Beach State, and ended up having a decent career there. I think we played them four years later, when he was a fifth year senior.

Nice summary. Seems like several of our transfers have run of a patience and left right when it was going to be their turn to shine - Bobby Lazor, Glenn Sekunda, Earl Duncan etc

Howard's last game at the Cuse was our NIT loss to FLA St in the Dome. He played for the first time in many games and played, if memory serves, his best game of his career. He might have even led the team in scoring that day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom