Fran Brown | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
So all you so called "fans" without a spine, who else is on the Fran Brown bus with me?

Heck, I may just earn a CDL and drive the dang thing.

Who else is getting on this party bus?

ALL ABOARD

Last edited:
At least Brown has been coaching at the D1 level since 2011. He is in his early 40's and by all accounts a great recruiter. He is from Camden NJ, and has coached and recruited in the Northeast. Each job has been a step up along his career path. He would appear to be checking a lot of Wildthing's boxes. At this point, as with any hire, it will be about the staff they can assemble and willingness of the University to spend the money to secure it. A first time HC will need a mountain of support no matter how you cut it.

So all you so called "fans" without a spine, who else is on the Fran Brown bus with me?

Heck, I may just earn a CDL and drive the dang the thing.

ALL ABOARD

Here comes Rutgers North.

(j/k)

Adam Terry made a good point on the radio a few minutes ago saying what Fran Brown brings to the table is the ability to land SEC portal transfers.

He heard a lot of good things about Bob Chesney at a football clinic over the weeks and has a lot of contacts in the Northeast. The concern is will he be able to convince SEC caliber players in the portal to come to SU.

Terry has spoken to agents/people in the business and he thinks this process could take another 7-10 days.

I hope we hire a coach before 12/4 because we need to hit the portal hard for a QB, WR, OL, etc.

Chesney knows a lot of HS HCs. That is how you get in with the portal guys. He has plenty of Northeast, Florida, Texas connections. Outside of UGA, Brown has no advantage in that regard.

Here comes Rutgers North.

(j/k)
Driving On The Road GIF by Daimler Truck

FYI,
From March, 2022 - Sports Illustrated.

Kirby Smart Calls Fran Brown a "Rising Star"​

Georgia took their time with the hiring of Fran Brown to be the defensive backs coach in Athens. A former associate head coach, co-defensive coordinator, and young budding star of a football coach, Brown bring a unique Northeastern background to the staff — something that Georgia needed.

Head coach Kirby Smart spoke about Brown on Tuesday following practice:

"He's very charismatic and you really gotta spend time with Fran to get to know Fran and Fran has done a tremendous job in establishing relationships. It was very evident when you talk to people who have worked on the staff with him about his charisma. I was very pleased with how hard he works, relationships with the players, he's relentless in recruiting, the guy communicates so well and pushes so hard, I think he's going to be a really good coach, I think he's a rising star in this profession because of the energy he puts into it. He's very coachable, he does what you ask, and if he doesn't know what to do he asks, and that's important. It's just as important to ask when you don't know as it is to know. He's been really good thus far in that area."

FYI,
From March, 2022 - Sports Illustrated.

Kirby Smart Calls Fran Brown a "Rising Star"​

Georgia took their time with the hiring of Fran Brown to be the defensive backs coach in Athens. A former associate head coach, co-defensive coordinator, and young budding star of a football coach, Brown bring a unique Northeastern background to the staff — something that Georgia needed.

Head coach Kirby Smart spoke about Brown on Tuesday following practice:

We'll see what Kirby calls him when SU beats Georgia for the NC in 2024.

At least Brown has been coaching at the D1 level since 2011. He is in his early 40's and by all accounts a great recruiter. He is from Camden NJ, and has coached and recruited in the Northeast. Each job has been a step up along his career path. He would appear to be checking a lot of Wildthing's boxes. At this point, as with any hire, it will be about the staff they can assemble and willingness of the University to spend the money to secure it. A first time HC will need a mountain of support no matter how you cut it.
Yea working at temple and rutgers. Then Baylor for a year before being a position coach at Georgia, quite the prestigious pedigree for a head coach candidate.he’s literally coached at Georgia For under 2 seasons. Plug and play program then rutgers lol. The hype behind this guy is hilarious .please give me 3 of our 4 star recruits that have hit the field? Dino’s reeled in a few. I can’t remember any that weren’t transfers ever being anything of any significance. Ya gotta coach your kids up and scheme against these deeper teams. I’m not saying he’s not a good coach, He is. I would love him as a d coordinator. As of now as head coach, no thank you.

Last edited:
At Georgia.
Over & over people have pointed to the history of Fran Brown being an excellent recruiter BEFORE Georgia, but you’re just going to stick with that huh? It’s funny, dude is considered the best recruiter in the country & it’s looked at like a weakness… don’t see any other Georgia coaches on the list? His strength is recruiting, with or without Georgia

Adam Terry made a good point on the radio a few minutes ago saying what Fran Brown brings to the table is the ability to land SEC portal transfers.

He heard a lot of good things about Bob Chesney at a football clinic over the weeks and has a lot of contacts in the Northeast. The concern is will he be able to convince SEC caliber players in the portal to come to SU.

Terry has spoken to agents/people in the business and he thinks this process could take another 7-10 days.

I hope we hire a coach before 12/4 because we need to hit the portal hard for a QB, WR, OL, etc.
We pulled 3 portal QBs and a DL from SEC programs .. soooo it’s already been done has it not? I think the talent identification piece is what I worry about when it comes to portal pounding.

Can Fran jump the UGA ship now or would cuse have to wait until UGA wins the championship game

Heck, I may just earn a CDL and drive the dang thing.

ALL ABOARD
I’m in! We can go to the looney bin together dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom