Fran Brown | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
At Georgia.
And Baylor.
And Rutgers.
And Temple.

This idea that he suddenly became a great recruiter when Georgia hired him is flat out wrong.

Georgia grabbed him because they knew he was a great young recruiter.

I am not campaigning for Fran. Don’t know him from Adam. To me, there is no obvious hire.

Fran was a terrific recruiter before he came to Georgia, and now that he has been exposed to the most sophistcated recruiting machine in the country, he is even better positioned to kill it on the recruiting trail.

The reason he is considered the best recruiter in the country is because he lands more 5 star players than anyone else in the country.

If SU picks him, is he going to do the same thing here? No. But he has the contacts, the relationships and the trust of many of the best programs in the country. He will deliver for whoever he recruits for.

Can he also be a good HC? No idea. Haven’t even heard him speak yet. The hope is all these interviews John (and presumably the rest of the committee) are doing will answer the big questions each candidate has and clearly identify the best one.

When we interviewed the last time, we looked at a ton of NFL DC types like Lewis, Gray and Henderson. It was a crappy list of candidates. Even with the weaknesses with these candidates, I like this group a lot more than the group Coyle looked at 8 years ago.

Hopefully we get a better result this time.

Last edited:
So all you so called "fans" without a spine, who else is on the Fran Brown bus with me?

Heck, I may just earn a CDL and drive the dang thing.

Who else is getting on this party bus?

ALL ABOARD
Chesney or brown for me, everything else is a popcorn fart, dry, safe and unexciting. Willing to gamble with Chile cheese dogs and going commando. Take the gamble

Yea working at temple and rutgers. Then Baylor for a year before being a position coach at Georgia, quite the prestigious pedigree for a head coach candidate.he’s literally coached at Georgia For under 2 seasons. Plug and play program then rutgers lol. The hype behind this guy is hilarious .
Actual timeline for Fran Brown.

Assistant Head Coach/Defensive Backs at Baylor during the 2017 and 2018 season.

Co-Defensive Coordinator/Cornerbacks at Temple during the 2019 season.

Secondary coach at Rutgers in 2020 and 2021 season.

Defensive Backs coach at the University of Georgia from 2022 to present.

Named top recruiting in the country by 247 Sports in July 2023.

And Baylor.
And Rutgers.
And Temple.

This idea that he suddenly became a great recruiter when Georgia hired him is flat out wrong.

I am not campaigning for Fran. Don’t know him from Adam. To me, there is no obvious hire.

Fran was a terrific recruiter before he came to Georgia, and now that he has been exposed to the most sophistcated recruiting machine in the country, he is even better positioned to kill it on the recruiting trail.

The reason he is considered the best recruiter in the country is because he lands more 5 star players than anyone else in the country.

If SU picks him, is he going to do the same thing here? No. But he has the contacts, the relationships and the trust of many of the best programs in the country. He will deliver for whoever he recruits for.

Can he also be a good HC? No idea. Haven’t even heard him speak yet. The hope is all these interviews John (and presumably the rest of the committee) are doing will answer the big questions each candidate has and clearly identify the best one.

When we interviewed the last time, we looked at a ton of NFL DC types like Lewis, Gray and Henderson. It was a crappy list of candidates. Even with the weaknesses with these candidates, I like this group a lot more than the group Coyle looked at 8 years ago.

For your viewing pleasure

Pretty sure Knowles is one of the others...
This guy?
1701128667427.jpeg

If Fran Brown was such an ELITE recruiter, Schiano wouldnt have let him go. Please stop. He literally meets none of the qualifications that JW mentioned in his press conf. This would be ash level bad.
Schiano didn’t “Let him Go” he lost Fran to UGA
Ash is a terrible comparison bc Ash had no personality and had a DC title

Fran is a dynamic recruiter who would keep a lot of our guys from portaling and would give us a MUCH better chance to land portal guys than Chesney

Yea working at temple and rutgers. Then Baylor for a year before being a position coach at Georgia, quite the prestigious pedigree for a head coach candidate.he’s literally coached at Georgia For under 2 seasons. Plug and play program then rutgers lol. The hype behind this guy is hilarious .please give me 3 of our 4 star recruits that have hit the field? Dino’s reeled in a few. I can’t remember any that weren’t transfers ever being anything of any significance. Ya gotta coach your kids up and scheme against these deeper teams.
The "Consensus" hire is no longer an option. Every one of the remaining rumored coaches remaining have question marks. The University has already gone the FB subdivision route hoping to catch lightening in bottle. At this point you could make your argument against any of these candidates for different reasons.. There is no Home Run candidate sitting there. We can only hope this process yields a coach that makes the Orange more competitive in the ACC.

Very interesting that we are allegedly looking at an ace recruiter with no HC or Coordinator experience. I guess someone realizes that we need better players.
Co-defensive coordinator, Temple 2019.

The "Consensus" hire is no longer an option. Every one of the remaining rumored coaches remaining have question marks. The University has already gone the FB subdivision route hoping to catch lightening in bottle. At this point you could make your argument against any of these candidates for different reasons.. There is no Home Run candidate sitting there. We can only hope this process yields a coach that makes the Orange more competitive in the ACC.
Some have a higher percentage of pay off then others but in umbrella terms I do agree with you.

Actual timeline for Fran Brown.

Assistant Head Coach/Defensive Backs at Baylor during the 2017 and 2018 season.

Co-Defensive Coordinator/Cornerbacks at Temple during the 2019 season.

Secondary coach at Rutgers in 2020 and 2021 season.

Defensive Backs coach at the University of Georgia from 2022 to present.

Named top recruiting in the country by 247 Sports in July 2023.
IMG_9806.jpeg

…. Actual timeline for Fran brown. Your welcome.

The Brown thing is hard to figure. He came up in the beginning and I thought SU was just doing its due diligence based on his history but I heard he was a potential serious candidate. Now he's popped up again and appears to have interviewed.
The school is not going to limit its search to a bunch of middle aged white guys. Doesn’t mean I think it was just a courtesy interview, I suspect he made the cut on merit.

And Baylor.
And Rutgers.
And Temple.

I believe you posted this in multiple threads already. Some of da posters need to pay attention to what Tomcat preaching.

Because he is Deion Sanders and we can keep our TE coach.
Can we stop with the Deion comparisons?
Fran is NOT Deion
Deion was a grade A talent from youth ball to the NFL HOF. Deion also played MLB mostly bc he loved the attention. Deion was always a ME guy. Never stayed anywhere too long and now insists ppl call him Prime. He’s not a grinder on the recruiting trail he relies on his fame and swagger to attract kids

Fran worked his ass off to get to a small college and fought his way into the NFL for a year maybe 2. Then he was down and out with no money, no prospects and a family to feed. So he started grinding his way up the coaching ladder. He grinds on the recruiting trail and connects with kids because he cares.

They are VASTLY different men. Any comparisons are lazy and inaccurate.

Last edited:
Remember when Mike Locksley was all that? Ace recruiter. National rep. Totally inept as the head guy. Except one horrible afternoon against us of course.
Brown is just an updated version IMO. And he’s not coming here anyway

Fran is NOT deion
Deion was a grade A talent from youth ball to the NFL HOF. Deion played MLB also. Deion was always a Me guy. Never stayed anywhere too long and now insists ppl call him Prime. He’s not a grinder on the recruiting trail he relies on his fame and swagger to attract kids

Fran worked his ass off to get to a small college and fought his way into the NFL for a year maybe 2. Then he was down and out with no money, no prospects and a family to feed. Then he started grinding his way up the coaching ladder. He grinds on the recruiting trail and connects with kids because he cares.

LOL If you read the thread I am in agreement with your post.

In a nutshell, The Powers to Be at Syracuse University did what they always do. Talk big, go small and look like the amateur buffoons that everyone outside of this area or alumni think they are. It will never change!

Fran is NOT deion
Deion was a grade A talent from youth ball to the NFL HOF. Deion played MLB also. Deion was always a Me guy. Never stayed anywhere too long and now insists ppl call him Prime. He’s not a grinder on the recruiting trail he relies on his fame and swagger to attract kids

Fran worked his ass off to get to a small college and fought his way into the NFL for a year maybe 2. Then he was down and out with no money, no prospects and a family to feed. Then he started grinding his way up the coaching ladder. He grinds on the recruiting trail and connects with kids because he cares.

Dude certainly has some backstory.

Fran is NOT deion

Preach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors