Fran Brown | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it is Brown I'd like to think he came with a list of potential dudes that he could have here next year. If we could make loud noise in the portal and maybe flip some high four stars or something we could get much more national media attention than normal.
He might keep some kids we want here as well. He has cred being with Georgia and top recruiter.

The Office Lie GIF

This is awesome.

Fran is going to OWN the portal.
He will bring guys in and retain guys, no question. Can he run a program? Ah screw it, bring him on!

Credited as primary recruiter on 2 top 10 commits for Georgia this last cycle, as well as many high 4 stars. Obviously that's Georgia, we're not going to be pulling 5 stars but he's signing guys

I agree. Chesney is going to be a safe candidate whose Apex is an 8-9 win season. He’s not going to bring buzz to work the portal. And even if Brown doesn’t work out from a coaching perspective I feel he’ll leave the roster in better shape for the next guy.

With the portal, all those guys will leave when he does. There is no, leaving the roster in good shape anymore.

Question #1 at Press Conf:

John, you mentioned having HC or P5 coordinator experience as a big qualification for our next HC. Fran Brown has been neither. What caused you to divert from your qualification requirement?

Unreal. Wildhack totally contradicted himself, never been a head coach or P5 coordinator. I hope I’m wrong but this is not good
I think Wildhack will say Browns recruiting ability outweighed the fact he only has experience as an Assistant Head Coach & Co-Defensive Coordinator.

Maurice 'Mo' Linguist was known as one of the top recruiters too. Ask UB fans how they think of him as a coach so far. He took over a team that Leipold had ranked #24 and then he went out and got two #1 recruiting classes yet he's sunk the program fast.

If Fran Brown is the choice I guess I'll try my best to give it a chance but I won't exactly be overly giddy. Hopefully he proves me wrong if he's the guy.

If Brown is the guy, how will it work with Georgia playing into January? I assume he will stay coaching for Georgia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom