Fran Brown | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Temple is trying the "career position coach that can recruit" thing right now

Fwiw if i had to chose i would take Brown over any other name mentioned besides Chesney. He seems to have that charisma where he could do very well recruiting. It’s not like he doesn’t have the same relationships, he was just recruiting a different level of player. Also, if you look at his players that hit the portal this year, most likely for a G5/P5 program, you can tell he has done an excellent job of identifying and developing talent.
I’d take him over Chesney too. Chesney is the safe choice. Brown is high risk / high reward. If Brown goes right, the ceiling is much higher. I don’t see that with Chesney.

Omg how many times are you people going to say this?
great recruiter at Georgia where every 4-5 star in the US is calling them(Georgia) to generate interest is different than recruiting at 'cuse

great recruiter at Georgia where every 4-5 star in the US is calling them(Georgia) to generate interest is different than recruiting at 'cuse
Frustrated Skip Bayless GIF

Honestly at this point i really don’t care about the current players or recruits. There are very few worth keeping. We need a HC that can build a program, provide a whole new level of discipline, game plan, and make adjustments on the fly on game day. Hiring someone who has 1 year as a co-defensive coordinator isn’t it no matter how great of a recruiter he is. Assistant coaches do most of the heavy lifting with recruiting and the HC is mostly the closer. I’d want my HC concentrating on other things than mainly recruiting. Honestly, I doubt it would improve that much anyways. We’re never going to out recruit programs for blue chips, but we can hire someone who can identify talent and develop it. Patriot league or not at least Chesney checks those boxes with the candidates we are stuck with. The last thing we need is a HC learning on the fly when the most important years of this program are ahead of us. We stay the same course we are definitely being left out once the musical chairs come to an end. We only have so much time to turn this program around for a chance to not be an after thought once the conference shake up is complete.
You used the words.." Chesney checks those boxes WITH THE CANDIDATES WE ARE STUCK WITH." Why is it that we find ourselves..."STUCK WITH" candidates as opposed to being in the driver's seat and having candidates seeking to be our next coach? Asking for everyone on this thread...LOL..

So the exact opposite of Chesney. We know he can recruit but have no idea if he can coach or build up a program. Let’s hope he can build a staff around him that will make the transition easy for him.

You used the words.." Chesney checks those boxes WITH THE CANDIDATES WE ARE STUCK WITH." Why is it that we find ourselves..."STUCK WITH" candidates as opposed to being in the driver's seat and having candidates seeking to be our next coach? Asking for everyone on this thread...LOL..
If Mullen did indeed opt in to the coaching search and was the leading candidate, and then it broke down (a lot of ifs there), then to know what drove that breakdown would answer that question for all of us. Unfortunately none of us really know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom