Fran Brown | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s spent the last two seasons with Kirby watching how Georgia runs things.

He’s been an Assistant Head Coach at Baylor and recruited really well.

He recruited really well to Temple and Rutgers of all places.

This is a far more Ballsy hiring than I ever thought they’d make. Is it a result of missed other targets? I don’t know.

What I do know is Brown significantly upgrades our ability in the portal due to all these kids who are entering that he’s built relationships with over the last 2-3 years.

He needs a quality OC and DC and needs to stay out of their way. Act as a CEO.

This could absolutely be a home run.

Of course the earth could blow up tomorrow.

We don’t know but I love the gamble.

I’m with you. I’m fine with Chesney or Brown and if it’s Brown, it means basically every recruit in our main recruiting area and extended is taking notice.

I have no idea if this will work, but I am hoping to god to see some legit talent in the Dome for us.

I’m not not knocking our guys as a handful are currently in the nfl, but we need dudes.

Ya, we need the Xs and Os taken care of, but recruiting is the lifeblood of a program.

Who cares. Buy the ticket, take the ride. If it’s Fran Brown, Wildhack is swinging for the fences.
breaking bad series GIF

He’s spent the last two seasons with Kirby watching how Georgia runs things.

He’s been an Assistant Head Coach at Baylor and recruited really well.

He recruited really well to Temple and Rutgers of all places.

This is a far more Ballsy hiring than I ever thought they’d make. Is it a result of missed other targets? I don’t know.

What I do know is Brown significantly upgrades our ability in the portal due to all these kids who are entering that he’s built relationships with over the last 2-3 years.

He needs a quality OC and DC and needs to stay out of their way. Act as a CEO.

This could absolutely be a home run.

Of course the earth could blow up tomorrow.

We don’t know but I love the gamble.
YES

Sam Elliott Sparkle GIF

What hate for Rocky? I think he's done well for us this year but does he want to stick around for this? Does Brown want to keep him?
In a previous post you said we need more than Beck and Rocky, then proceeded to say Brown needs experienced X and Os coordinators

Hard to disagree with this. Are we really going to pound the portal ever at Syracuse with our NIL not being as competitive as other schools?

I do like the gamble. Only because the alternatives all sucked. At least this one is unique.

Man we needed Mullen… :/
Mullen checked all the boxes. I really wish it would have worked out with him.

But sometimes things fall through at it ends up being a blessing in disguise. Remember Julius Hodge? I wouldn’t trade 10 Julius Hodges for 1 Hakim Warrick.

I can see the potential for getting us to where we want with Brown. Could it also be a train wreck? Sure - he’s a HC unknown. I just don’t see us getting where we want with any of the other candidates.

Gambling in this situation is the worst thing the AD can do in my opinion.

At Rutgers they continued to gamble until they sucked it up and turned back to the known quantity - Greg Schiano.

I know it’s not happening but I would have felt more confident with our known quantity - Doug Marrone.

All we can do is trust John Wildhack.

If this is Wildhack's pic, then no, we CAN'T trust John Wildhack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom